why does this happen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tooticki

Aug 10, 2016
I'm a Christian and definitely believe in God but sometimes I get this sudden feeling of doubt and think "I don't believe" but I know that's not how I feel and I ignore/reject the thought. It doesn't last for long and it doesn't happen often.
Can evil spirits trick you into thinking a certain way?

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Tooticki said:
I'm a Christian and definitely believe in God but sometimes I get this sudden feeling of doubt and think "I don't believe" but I know that's not how I feel and I ignore/reject the thought. It doesn't last for long and it doesn't happen often.
Can evil spirits trick you into thinking a certain way?
Don’t fret: even though few admit it, there’s probably not a single Christian out there, who’s never been afflicted by doubts. Theologian Paul Tillich even goes as far as saying that doubt is an integral part of faith. In my personal experience doubting is painful and scary, but whenever I’ve overcome my doubts, my faith is not just renewed, but much stronger for it. Maybe this sermon can help you in your struggles: http://www.stmichaelsbonair.org/april-7-2013-encountering-god-in-doubt-rev-jeunee/
Praying for you,
junobet

P.S.: If you prefer listening to reading, here’s another sermon going into slightly different aspects of doubt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcam-iZ55Hs
​​

Mozzie

Aug 22, 2016
Western Australia
You have to ask yourself this. Is there anything you are doing that would allow Satan to try and sway you, are you keepimg yourself close to God, tho Satan will always try to get you from worshiping God, things you do can make the path for Satan easier to lead you astray