Why I can't be a Christian any more

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Winnetou

Jul 7, 2012
Some time ago, I reported from a neighbor who is a witch (Wicca). She had invited me to an event of her group to which I went. I also became acquainted with the leader of the group there. She said to me that three women would appear to me in a dream and that everyone was related to me. Women who had died already for a long time.
This also happened and interesting things I learned some by these women for me.
I have met my neighbor once more. She told me about her faith a little. And it seemed to me as if memories buried for a long time suddenly woke up in me again.
I have recognized for myself that the Christianity is not my path. He is good for many people but not good enough for me!
Since I am no more Christian now, I suspect that I must be banished from this forum. Because somebody, who do not believe in the Bible and God like you any more, you really do not claim to have this one here! Or am I mistaken?
I wish you all best and the blessing of your God.
Be blessed.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as the word teaches that Jesus came not to save the righteous but to bring the sinners into communion with himself. so any that believe you are not welcome no matter what your beliefs is going against all that Christ wants instilled in us.

Winnetou

do not worry i know we all fall for the traps of the enemy and yet Jesus is always there saying here i am, let me help you. Jesus will never turn away from us but will always be there for us no matter how many times we reject him Jesus is always faithful. so when you find out wicca is not for you then know that no matter what you may or may not of done that Jesus is always there for you waiting for you to come back to him.

i am sorry for what you are about to go through but sometimes we believe God is not doing what he should be doing or even if he exists and when that happens we are easy prey to false doctrine. i have known people who were wiccan and maybe you need to find God the hard way. i know i grew up as a christian and felt that those being saved that were not christians had a life more on fire for God then my own and so i started to live the ungodly life only to realize that i had what i always seeked. just remember we are never so far gone that we cannot repent and come back to God. i wish you well and i will be praying for you

God bless

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm really sorry that you have been enticed by the occultic realm brother. When you realise that you have been decieved by the enemy of our souls. Please remember that when you cry out to God, he will help you and he will restore you...

May your journey be swift and may God's grace always be with you...

Shalom!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I have recognized for myself that the Christianity is not my path. He is good for many people but not good enough for me!

......."but not good enough for me."

I do not envy the humbling you are going to have to go through to get to where you should be. Good luck.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
HI Winnetou,

I came from Wicca to Christianity. The spirits are real, I believe. But they are not as powerful as God. Not even close. I echo the words of the others, may your return be swift, and without much destruction. The seductions of the devil destroy you.

Love in Christ,
Mark

Winnetou

Jul 7, 2012
......."but not good enough for me."

I do not envy the humbling you are going to have to go through to get to where you should be. Good luck

I referred to the Christianity, that I had got to know. Both in this forum and in other fora. In different churches in Germany and Europe. There is so much anger in my belly about this "Christianity"!

HI Winnetou,

I came from Wicca to Christianity. The spirits are real, I believe. But they are not as powerful as God. Not even close. I echo the words of the others, may your return be swift, and without much destruction. The seductions of the devil destroy you.

Love in Christ,
Mark

It is all about for me whether for me a power is strong. Whether it helps me to find answers to my questions; or can help me at problems. The Christianity had his chance and failed. Wicca get a chance now.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I referred to the Christianity, that I had got to know. Both in this forum and in other fora. In different churches in Germany and Europe. There is so much anger in my belly about this "Christianity"!

It is all about for me whether for me a power is strong. Whether it helps me to find answers to my questions; or can help me at problems. The Christianity had his chance and failed. Wicca get a chance now.
Before you leave Christianity all together please communicate with me a bit. Why do you have anger in your belly about Christianity? Christianity is a success not a failure, how did it fail you? If it is you are having problems with local churches, please try a different church. Even Christians are not perfect in the relationship category.

If you wish to speak of a strong power, I will attest against any other power anywhere. God is all powerful and none can stand against Him. He is the creator of all things, throughout all time and space, in every dimension, plane, or universe. God is all knowing. He knows every hair on you head, he calls all the stars by name, he tells wisdom where her abode is. God is ever present. His long arm reaches into the deepest of depths or to the highest of heights. He is in the darkest of places and is Himself the light. Yet being the most powerful being ever anywhere, He is manifested as love. Christianity is simply the truth. The truth is God is holy, good, true, pure, love. We, as humans, are not pure in form because we are tainted with sin which separates us from God. That is where Jesus comes in. Jesus became sin for us, so we can come back into relation with God the Father.

To speak of the sentiment of God, he loves the orphan and widow. He revels in the meek, and extols the humble. He loves righteousness and hates evil. He can not lie, and guides you into everlasting life filled with joy. He creates you anew and removes your past transgressions never to be remembered.

I will challenge you here. Ask Jesus to draw closer to you.

Some have asked what is it you have? My reply, unconditional love. Love that transcends human understanding. Love that is everlasting. Love that will never die or fade. Love that warms, protects, cares, and saves. A love saves me from myself, from others, and from a wrath I deserve because of my sin.

If you go, remember God will not leave you, and He will forgive you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hm yes i can well understand, but Christ will never leave you. I hate religion, church and all that man has done to distort the truth through human reasoning and his way to entice people into his churches. So I quit and chose to follow Christ, everything outside of Christ is overheads, things that men add on to complicate the simple, taken the Lords burden which is light and adding religion which is a heavy burden and which many choose to carry, even unto the law which is to death. But I have seeing witchcraft its even in the church but many do not understand what it is.
Yes Winnetou i see where you are coming from, be mad at religion, cant blame you, but you will find Christ a wonderfull friend without the rst of the load.

In all His Love

Jul 6, 2011
Winnetou,
I referred to the Christianity, that I had got to know. Both in this forum and in other fora.
But its not really Christianity according to the Biblical testimony. But now its clear it would be good for you to stay and share your experiences
There is so much anger in my belly about this "Christianity"!
That is not necesarily a bad thing, as I came to thye point of realising I believed Jesus Christ is Lord and the truth the way and the life, I felt hemmed in like my life was going to be no longer my own.
Which of course was me being convicted.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010

That's a sad testimony, but it doesn't have to be that way.

I'm curious . . . why are you here telling us these things?

No offense, but I don't believe you. I think its a matter of submitting. Wicca does not require submission, Christianity does. Christianity requires that you yeild what you want to God, in favor of what He wants. Wicca promises to give You power, for what You want.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Jesus didn't say following him would be a bed of roses, but he said that we would be HATED. Lol. There's something wrong if you're finding life as a Christian easy, because following Christ is not easy.

Christ never said to the disciples to give him a chance to prove he had the remedy. He just said, "Follow me . . . ."

Oh well. Cya . . . .

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Winnetou, have you had an actual and personal encounter with Christ Jesus? I used to be caught up in the christian religious institution but began to realize that there is a big difference between it and the realities of an intimate walk with Jesus God's Son.

Seek the truth.

Winnetou

Jul 7, 2012
Before you leave Christianity all together please communicate with me a bit. Why do you have anger in your belly about Christianity? Christianity is a success not a failure, how did it fail you? If it is you are having problems with local churches, please try a different church. Even Christians are not perfect in the relationship category.

I went to many Christian churches in Europe and the USA. I was a member in some for an even short time. I have noticed that all churches are more or less alike in some points:

Judging instead of charity (follow the rules, otherwise we do not accept you)
Lacking appreciation of the problems and worries of single people (whoever has a problem it is HIS fault)
Hate for women who abort
Hate for homosexuals
Hate for everyone who is not like them
Inability really to understand the biblical message.
Inability to live a modern and tolerant life.

And these are only some of the points which I can lead. At first I did not have any problem with Jesus. Where it was shown to me that he is also a legend. This one had lived perhaps, but was never a miracle perpetrator or the son of God.

God is all powerful and none can stand against Him. He is the creator of all things, throughout all time and space, in every dimension, plane, or universe. God is all knowing. He knows every hair on you head, he calls all the stars by name, he tells wisdom where her abode is. God is ever present. His long arm reaches into the deepest of depths or to the highest of heights. He is in the darkest of places and is Himself the light. Yet being the most powerful being ever anywhere, He is manifested as love.

This reminds me of my childhood somehow: My bucket is bigger than your bucket.
It does not give any proof of an existence of God. Only because some had written over God, he does not exist. Karl May invented the novel figure Winnetou. Does Winnetou live in reality?
Think whatever you want to believe, however, let me find my path. And not dictates to me what I shall do or not. I am more than 21 years old.

Christianity is simply the truth. The truth is God is holy, good, true, pure, love. We, as humans, are not pure in form because we are tainted with sin which separates us from God. That is where Jesus comes in. Jesus became sin for us, so we can come back into relation with God the Father.

It is an arrogance and insult of other religions, to claim by himself, to have the only truth. From science we know that there are both absolute and relative truths. And that "truths" can change e.g. if new knowledge is won.
The Christianity and the Judaism is built up much on the myths and legends of other cultures. The story of Adam and Eve is from Babylonia for example. The devil was invented in today's Iran. Jesus Christ is one of the much redeemermyths of the Middle East.
I shall believe in such a feeble-mindedness? Please do not offend my intelligence!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
It is an arrogance and insult of other religions, to claim by himself, to have the only truth. From science we know that there are both absolute and relative truths. And that "truths" can change e.g. if new knowledge is won.
The Christianity and the Judaism is built up much on the myths and legends of other cultures. The story of Adam and Eve is from Babylonia for example. The devil was invented in today's Iran. Jesus Christ is one of the much redeemermyths of the Middle East.
I shall believe in such a feeble-mindedness? Please do not offend my intelligence!

-- Winnetau, is this a farewell tour or are you finally going to leave?
You obviously aren't here to listen but to preach.

How are we going to miss you if you don't go away?

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I once dabbled in witchcraft/Wicca when I was a teenager. It seemed full of intrigue and mystery. Some of it seemed to work. After all was said and done I just couldn't convince myself that Dianna was God or that Jesus wasn't real. I eventually grew tired and found no rest. I have a friend who's into that stuff. She finds no peace or rest either. The only appeal to me is the percieved tolerance of other religions, which is more a way to try to make yourself feel correct in denying truth. Sorry for the wall of text I'm typing on my phone.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
I went to many Christian churches in Europe and the USA. I was a member in some for an even short time. I have noticed that all churches are more or less alike in some points:

Judging instead of charity (follow the rules, otherwise we do not accept you)
Lacking appreciation of the problems and worries of single people (whoever has a problem it is HIS fault)
Hate for women who abort
Hate for homosexuals
Hate for everyone who is not like them
Inability really to understand the biblical message.
Inability to live a modern and tolerant life.

And these are only some of the points which I can lead. At first I did not have any problem with Jesus. Where it was shown to me that he is also a legend. This one had lived perhaps, but was never a miracle perpetrator or the son of God.

This reminds me of my childhood somehow: My bucket is bigger than your bucket.
It does not give any proof of an existence of God. Only because some had written over God, he does not exist. Karl May invented the novel figure Winnetou. Does Winnetou live in reality?
Think whatever you want to believe, however, let me find my path. And not dictates to me what I shall do or not. I am more than 21 years old.

Hahahahaha. Gosh. I haven't had a good laugh like this for ages! lol. I think you've been looking at 'Christians' too much, and forgetting what Christianity is all about. It's about Jesus! Rofl. The left-wing views of 'christians' please note my apostrophes, will never change a thing.

Myth or no myth, go and believe what you will. Personally, if any of my friends came and said what you just quoted, I'd tell them to go get stuffed. I hope you find what your looking for (sic). After what I've read here, I think wicca will suite you perfectly. :D

How are we going to miss you if you don't go away?

But are we actually going to miss him . . . . sorry. I'm in a very good mood today. Just found out I get three days off this week! That's an answer to prayer. Oops. Sorry! Let me verify: NO I don't believe Jesus is God. I KNOW he is the ONLY God. :p

Sr.Brandon

Jun 25, 2012
I went to many Christian churches in Europe and the USA. I was a member in some for an even short time. I have noticed that all churches are more or less alike in some points: Judging instead of charity (follow the rules, otherwise we do not accept you) Lacking appreciation of the problems and worries of single people (whoever has a problem it is HIS fault) Hate for women who abort Hate for homosexuals Hate for everyone who is not like them Inability really to understand the biblical message. Inability to live a modern and tolerant life. And these are only some of the points which I can lead. At first I did not have any problem with Jesus. Where it was shown to me that he is also a legend. This one had lived perhaps, but was never a miracle perpetrator or the son of God.
I've experienced the same things your saying here.

I apologize.

I'm sorry that we as Christians have not lived up to the standard our Savior has set forth. I'm also apologizing for some of the responses given on this thread, at times they are cold and mocking.
Winnetou said:
This reminds me of my childhood somehow: My bucket is bigger than your bucket. It does not give any proof of an existence of God. Only because some had written over God, he does not exist. Karl May invented the novel figure Winnetou. Does Winnetou live in reality?
There is a proof for the existence of Yahweh. Are you interested in hearing it?
Winnetou said:
Okay, but may I question whatever it is your embracing if your rejecting the Messiah?
Winnetou said:
Truth is exclusive by its very nature. To make any truth claims is to declare all that contradict it false.

I would rather belief the truth than a delusion.

Would you like to do the opposite or would you like to believe the truth as well? I don't think you want to believe a lie, I've only ran into a few who would rather believe a lie knowingly than the truth. I've tested what I belief countless times so far in my plus 21 years of life too. It remains intact even against the strongest scientific, philosophical, historical and rational arguments.

I believe it is true, real and authentic.

Yahweh is someone I can trust with my very life, for, He saved me from myself.
Winnetou said:
The Christianity and the Judaism is built up much on the myths and legends of other cultures. The story of Adam and Eve is from Babylonia for example. The devil was invented in today's Iran. Jesus Christ is one of the much redeemermyths of the Middle East. I shall believe in such a feeble-mindedness? Please do not offend my intelligence!
I'm sorry but you sound like an atheist quite a bit. Your using their arguments. Are you just saying this because your angry? Are you saying this because you really believe this? I could offer some resources which would show these claims to be false. Would you like that?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your honesty, I can appreciate what you exclaim. Different churches have different experiences for different people. I can only pray for those who do not exemplify Christ's love yet claim to be Christians.

I can not, and will not, compare buckets with anyone because there is only one bucket. God is truth, God is love, God is one. Love does not need to be proven, He exists in our experience.

Truth is both absolute and relative. Relative truths can change through greater understanding, but the underling truth always existed even if it was not previously perceived, or even misrepresented. When I speak of God it is no more arrogant than saying 2=2=4 What I speak is truth because the truth is in me.

God is absolute and unchanging. Love is, and will always be, love. Some attempt view love in a twisted manner, but they do not see love, instead they see lust.