Why I never go to church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Churches are all the same thing. "Come here once a week to pray for two minutes and forget about it for another week. Come here and be a Christian for one day" Churches are kind of like that. Now in churches, all they talk about is Bible verses and never explain them, and everyone says the same prayers. some chruches are all about money. I never go to church because I Want an everyday talk with God. I pray all day every day. Every single hour I repent it seems. I never go to church because It is too religion. I am not religious. I love Jesus Christ and He is my light, my friend, my Savior, and He is far better than religion. Lord, I dont want to say the same old prayers that everyone else says. I want to say my own personal prayers to you. Church Is not the proper way to Express Love for the Lord. Sincere prayer is.
In the name of Jesus
Amen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sounds like you would rather be a disciple of Christ than follow the modern religious system. How strange! ;)

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Yes, to an extent this is all true, but instead of never going to church, shouldn't we try and change it? Jesus loved the Church, He died for the Church. The Church is His bride, and He is coming back for her! We can tell ourselves that as Christians we are part of that "Church"....but if that Church is stumbling and falling...and let's admit that there are still thousands and thousands of true Christians attending church...then don't we think we should do something to make these services less religious and more about Jesus?? The more Christians who love Jesus pull out of these religious ceremonies, the worse they will get!!
Just a thought!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Churches are all the same thing. "Come here once a week to pray for two minutes and forget about it for another week. Come here and be a Christian for one day" Churches are kind of like that. Now in churches, all they talk about is Bible verses and never explain them, and everyone says the same prayers. some chruches are all about money. I never go to church because I Want an everyday talk with God. I pray all day every day. Every single hour I repent it seems. I never go to church because It is too religion. I am not religious. I love Jesus Christ and He is my light, my friend, my Savior, and He is far better than religion. Lord, I dont want to say the same old prayers that everyone else says. I want to say my own personal prayers to you. Church Is not the proper way to Express Love for the Lord. Sincere prayer is.
In the name of Jesus
Amen

Hi Warrior!
I agree with you! Churches can be a little too methodical in their approach at times and they can get caught up following certain trends in relation to prayer...rather than seeking God out for themselves or just talking to God like you would a friend...and that is all prayer is..."one on one communication with God."

The Church is usually structured so that the Pastor can preach a word for the week accompanied by some awesome praise and worship. Some Churches have sharing time and also a time where the ministry team can pray for members after the service.
It is not usually geared for any deeper discussions however, but most Churches have home groups that cater for new members or others who are looking for a more in-depth study during the week and people also get to socialize a little. These are great places to grow and make new friends. I have a friend struggling in this area also. He loves God but hates going to Church. That is because of bad past experiences he has encountered in them...but the bible says that we are to encourage one another as we meet together on a regular basis...

Hebrews 10
[sup]24 [/sup]And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, [sup]25 [/sup]not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

My friend is back in Church now after discussing this verse with him. It is so important that we gather with other believers because [as I said to my friend] "A coal that has fallen from the fire will soon grow cold without the heat of the others around it. Also, sheep tend to get picked off easier by the wolves when they have been separated from the others. He is also getting together with other members...[outside Church] just to hang out. He is still cautious but feels much better for it.... ;)

I'd also just like to say [and I'm just generalizing here] that sometimes when we get hurt in a Church by someone or a situation and we leave hurt...we can't stay that way, otherwise it becomes an excuse not to go back again. God wants us to go back...he wants us to gather together and encourage each other..."as iron sharpens iron" we gotta learn to forgive those hurts, brush ourselves off and get back into the battle... ^_^ and back to life in Jesus!

Blessings!!!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church is not a building you go to.
Where two or more are gathered in His name to learn,pray,worship,break bread and help one another in the Lord...I'll be there.

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
(Heb 10:24-25)

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Good advice here Joseph...Ask God to direct you to where He wants you..seek a Holy Spirit filled church...one that helps you to grow...where do you live anyway...might be able to point you in the right direction of a church, maybe not but then again can never tell....

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Fellowship is definitely a need and God knows all your needs and He will either lead them to you or vice versa. Warrior it seems that you are disillusioned with the religious system already and there are many others out there that share the same belief. Just continue to keep your eyes on Christ and your daily fellowship with Him, and don't expect your fellowship others to be a weekly thing, God will bring it when you need it. :)

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
I love to go to church!

I'm there usually 2 or three times a week, sometimes 4 or 5 times a week. Sometimes I spend the weekend with people from church. We have our own home church also, meeting once a week.

Sometimes I stay at church for hours after many of the people leave. Then there's the church at the assisted living place. How I love those people! The majority of my friends are those I've met at church.

We pray together. We eat together. We encourage and counsel each other. We simply enjoy each other. We receive continual teaching from the pastors and elders. We serve together, distribute to the needy, share the Gospel, share Communion together.

Do we, as Christians, love each other?

How can I as a child of God not love those who are His children? And where are His children? Well, I find them all over, at home, at work, in the stores, on the street, and . . . in church.

Love in Christ,
Mark

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
In this hyper social society solitude is looked down on,indeed those who prefer it are looked on with suspicion,if genuine christian fellowship is available one should take advantage of it....its not always available and its good to be content to be alone yet in God's presence.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spending time at Church is one thing but hopefully not at the expense of your family at home.

haz

Feb 17, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I learnt more outside of churches than within them. And I've often found pastors demand submission to their self-perceived authority.

Truth is, the church is the body of Christ, which has no denominational barriers. Hence I fellowship with Christians regardless of their denomination. I visit various local churches, but follow none of them.

Our pastor is Christ and Christ is not divided (1Cor 1:13).

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In the name of Jesus
Amen

http://www.apostasywatch.com/

Try the above web site, brother. You'll find a lot of material and a sort of on-line fellowship that will suit you right down to the ground.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it really is not about you. Church is a place you can worship God in community. It is not supposed to sustain your spiritual relationship with God. It is a place to share yourself with others and worship God together.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Very true Aspen2, and that can have many different shapes. The problem begins when the community worship decides to structure it self into something it was not intended to be and then obligating everyone like a club with dues and instructing how everyone must worship the same way. In the end when we're done with it we find that we have taken over and created something that looks a lot like the old way of worship rather than the new way full of liberty.

Religion is man's best attempts to please God in his own power.

I read this in a book somewhere and copied it down in the front of one of my bibles but forgot who wrote it.
"The gospel of grace is the end of religion, the final posting of the CLOSED sign on the sweatshop of the human race's perpetual struggle to think well of itself. For that, at bottom, is what religion is: man's well-meant but dim-witted attempt to approve of his unapprovable condition by doing odd jobs he thinks some important Something will thank him for.
"Religion, therefore, is a loser, a strictly fallen activity. It has a failed past and a bankrupt future. There was no religion in Eden and there won't be any in heaven; and in the meantime Jesus has died and risen to persuade us to knock it all off right now." Author unknown.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true Aspen2, and that can have many different shapes. The problem begins when the community worship decides to structure it self into something it was not intended to be and then obligating everyone like a club with dues and instructing how everyone must worship the same way. In the end when we're done with it we find that we have taken over and created something that looks a lot like the old way of worship rather than the new way full of liberty.

Religion is man's best attempts to please God in his own power.

I read this in a book somewhere and copied it down in the front of one of my bibles but forgot who wrote it.
"The gospel of grace is the end of religion, the final posting of the CLOSED sign on the sweatshop of the human race's perpetual struggle to think well of itself. For that, at bottom, is what religion is: man's well-meant but dim-witted attempt to approve of his unapprovable condition by doing odd jobs he thinks some important Something will thank him for.
"Religion, therefore, is a loser, a strictly fallen activity. It has a failed past and a bankrupt future. There was no religion in Eden and there won't be any in heaven; and in the meantime Jesus has died and risen to persuade us to knock it all off right now." Author unknown.

All we have is our 'best attempt'.

I think God honors group worship over rebellion over principles....know what I mean?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
All we have is our 'best attempt'.

Nah. we always have Jesus.

I think God honors group worship over rebellion over principles....know what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with worshiping God as a group but I think when it is all controlled by a few men and everyone has to sing the same songs and say the same things all at the same time just like it was rehearsed the night before don't you think God considers it to be in the same box as rehearsed redundant prayers?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earthly authority is nothing to get worked up over - I used to rebel against it constantly - now I am old and sold out I guess. It just does not bother me anymore.

X Sinner

Jun 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Has anyone forgot that the Bible says, "forsake not the assembly ………" that kinda means fellowship of some type with fellow believers, doe it not?