Why is it so difficult to receive our provision and healing by faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
afaithfulone4u, I really enjoyed reading your posts here. You have a good tone, looking for Christian logic and sound sincere.

I have narrowed down my chief disagreement with those who believe as you do, so no need for lengthy discussions.

How much faith does a Christian have? Please think hard about this. How much faith do you think it takes to believe in an unseen God? To believe that Jesus lived and died for us. To believe that His blood is our atonement for sin for eternity!

God gives us a revelation of Himself (certain level of faith) when we get saved (we receive the fullness of Christ). Just as He did to Peter when Jesus asked him who He was. As Christians we should be able to say that our faith in God is like our faith in gravity.

In my humble opinion, faith needed for meeeeeesly healing.....cannot be compared to faith needed to get saved. If faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain, how much faith is needed for healing? 1/1000th of a mustard seed? I would say that as Christians we live daily with the faith of a mountain.

Hence it IS always going to be very insulting to Christians to tell them that they have not got enough faith for healing. You will only fool young Christians.

God hears ALL the prayers of a child. A nervous and illiterate one probably first (not knowing the scripture or being the expected role model of an ultra positive faith healer). Sure we do need to trust and wait on God as you say. But we NEED to discern when it is TEMPTING Him! If it is something critical, ignoring doctors is simply tempting Him. Not only a sign of little faith but of a desire to put God on the spot like He is your toy. It is building faith with the flesh instead of by the spirit

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey justaname, nice post.
great job explaing gnostic beliefs and christian science. i agreed with your pov earlier in the thread.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
afaithfulone4u ..... I cant help but notice that you seem to dislike everything Christians are doing.

I am unable to see how that benefits anyone

What's eating you ??