Why Is the Tabernacle of David so Important?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
[SIZE=12pt]Acts chapter 15 is one of the most important chapters in the History of the Church because the principles established there are maintained all throughout the Church Age and are applicable to the Church world-wide.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The contention that is set forth in the chapter threatened to divide the NT Church into two great factions consisting of Jew and Gentile. The Body of Christ is One Body where there is neither Jew nor Gentile, as ALL are one “in Christ.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Certain men came down from Judea teaching that the Gentiles had to be circumcised and keep the Law of Moses in order to be saved. It was a conflict between Jew and Gentile, Circumcised and Uncircumcised; between the Ritual Law and the Spiritual Law; between Flesh and Spirit. It was a conflict between Salvation and Circumcision and Salvation without or apart from Circumcision.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The problem had come from Judea and from the Church at Jerusalem. The Apostles agreed to go back to the “home Church” from whence these legalistic teachers had come and have the matter dealt with there. Paul and Barnabas went up to Jerusalem and declared what God had done among the Gentiles (the uncircumcised). They declared how God had manifested His saving grace without the rite of Circumcision. (Gal. 2:1-14 is good to read in tandem with Acts 15).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At Jerusalem, the Apostles and Elders and the whole Church are gathered together. Jerusalem was not “headquarters” of the Church, they were here to settle a doctrinal matter but the matter had to be dealt with in Jerusalem because the teachers came from this Church. Which was a good thing as it establishes a principle that all problems should be dealt with at the local church where they originated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The whole church gathered together to consider the question at hand but the discussion and decision was reached by the ministry of the Apostles and Elders (vs 12 and 22).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There was a sect of the Pharisees (Acts 15:5), that believed the Gentiles should be circumcised since it was given before the Law to Abraham as the seal of the Abrahamic covenant. Anyone refusing the rite was cut-off. It was only as they were circumcised that they were counted as the Covenant Seed entitling them to the Promises and Privileges in the Covenant. It was called the Covenant of Circumcision (Acts 7:8). Circumcision was also confirmed under the Law of Moses. So important was this rite that none dare partake in the Passover Feast without Circumcision whether Hebrew or a Foreigner. These were the arguments of the Sect of the Pharisees. To them, the whole of mankind was divided into two categories: Circumcised and Uncircumcised. The “wedge” at the Council of Jerusalem was “Covenant Relationship”, by virtue of the rite of Circumcision. They probably thought they had a pretty good case.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The case against Circumcision is dealt with in verses 7 to 18 and it is given by several of the Apostles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Peter’s testimony is in verses 7-11. Peter is the Apostle to the Circumcision. Peter declares the Lord’s dealings with him in the sending forth of the Holy Spirit upon the Gentiles as noted in Acts, chapters 10 and 11. The Gentiles heard the Word of the Gospel and believed (Rom 10:17). God knows the hearts of all, whether they be Jews or Gentiles. God gave them witness by giving them the Holy Spirit and He made no distinction purifying their hearts by faith. (verses 8-9).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Peter continues to say that the rite of Circumcision and the Law was “A yoke of bondage” that none were able to bear. (verse 10).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Peter summarizes his comments in verse 11 by saying that the Gentiles through GRACE would be saved, as also the Jew. (Eph 2:5-22, 8-9).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Peter’s testimony is that the work of God, by the Spirit upon the Gentiles, was without the rite of Circumcision and without the Law, and they were saved by grace through faith. God giving them the Sign and Seal of the NEW Covenant in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Then, Barnabas and Paul testified (verse 12). Both of them testified that God had wrought miracles and wonders amongst the Gentiles. This was manifest proof that God was visiting the Gentiles in Grace, even though they were uncircumcised and were without the Law, being Strangers from the Covenants of Promise. Miracles and wonders of Grace in previous dispensations, or before the Cross had been mainly done in the midst of the chosen Hebrew Nation, by which God attested that they were His people and He was their God. God is now testifying the same thing that the Gentiles are His through redeeming Grace.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The revelation given to Paul is that all the world – Jew or Gentile – is guilty before God and all are under death, with or without the Law, with or without Circumcision. Only by God acting in Grace towards mankind could anyone be justified at all. The Circumcision with the Law, failed to keep the law thus becoming as the Uncircumcised and under death. The Uncircumcision, without the Law, failed to keep and obey the Law of Conscience and thus they were under death. “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. (Rom 3:23).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]James also testifies through the Scriptures (the final court of appeal was to the infallible Scriptures).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]and [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]brethren, hearken unto me: Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]T[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]hat the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.” (Acts 15:13-17)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Though the testimony and experiences of Peter may be accepted and the ministry of Paul and Barnabas be received to confirm the truth, it was the Word of God which was the final court of appeal for all.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]James quotes an OT prophecy from Amos 9:11-12.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Peter quoted from the prophecy of Joel on the Day of Pentecost when the Jews came in under the initial outpouring of the Holy Spirit and now James is quoting from Amos which involved the coming in of the Gentiles into the New Covenant.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Amos prophesied that God would build again the “Tabernacle of David”, that was fallen down, that God would raise up its ruins—what for? In order that theGentiles, upon whom God’s Name is called, might come in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:" (Amos 9:11)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]And this was the crux of the whole dispute here.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] The Gentiles were to come into “The Tabernacle of DAVID”, NOT “The Tabernacle of Moses”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If the Gentiles were to keep the Law of Moses and be Circumcised, then they would be coming in under the Law or antitypically be coming into “The Tabernacle of Moses”, with its rites and ceremonies, it’s Sabbaths, Aaronic Priesthood, etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But the Gentiles were coming into the NEW Covenant, by faith in the Son of David, Jesus Christ and into the Spiritual House, and Priesthood after the Order of Melchizedek. That is, antitypically, they were coming into “The Tabernacle of David”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1 Chronicles, chapters 15, 16 and 17 is a great study on this wonderful subject but I will condense and make a few points.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]David, in the will of God, established a complete new order of worship in the Tabernacle which he set up in Mt. Zion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At the time, there were two tabernacles in existence. The Tabernacle of Moses was still in existence in Mt. Gibeon and the Tabernacle of David was at Mt. Zion (1 Chron 16:37-43, II Chron 1:1-13).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There were two companies of Priests functioning in these two different Tabernacles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Ark of the Covenant, once it was taken out of the Tabernacle of Moses (which at the time had been at Shiloh), never ever returned to the Tabernacle of Moses, but was taken and set in the Tabernacle of David! “The Glory” departed from Moses’ Tabernacle![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]In the Tabernacle of David, there was a new order of worship in singing and singers, praise and worship, instruments of music and continual joy and thanksgiving unto the Lord.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]David actually transferred, “The Holiest of All” into his Tabernacle, while the Tabernacle of Moses at Gibeon had an empty Most Holy Place, having the Holy Place and Outer Court functions only.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Once David offered the dedicatory sacrifices at the Tabernacle of David, there was only “Sacrifices of Praise and Joy”, offered in his Tabernacle after that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ALL THIS IS PROPHETICAL of what was to take place under Christ in the New Covenant.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At Calvary, the dedicatory sacrifice was offered once and for all. The Veil of the Temple was rent in twain from top to bottom, signifying the transference of the “Presence of God” to a NEW Temple, a NEW Habitation, even THE CHURCH.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]In this “Tabernacle of David,” which is the New Testament Church, there would only be offered, “Sacrifices of Praise and Thanksgiving” unto the Lord.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]In this “Tabernacle”, Jew and Gentile would come, through faith in the grace of Jesus Christ.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hence, we are not come to Mt. Sinai (Tabernacle of Moses, and the Law Covenant, etc.,) but we are come to “Mt. Zion” (Tabernacle of David and the New Covenant). Hebrews 12:18-24. This is the whole revelation of the Epistle to the Hebrews.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When God created the earth and all things in it, He had a purpose that involved all of mankind not just Israel (which did not even exist, yet). Since man's rebellion, God has slowly been recovering His purpose. God spent well over a thousand years dealing with Israel but He never abandoned his original purpose.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]You see, I was always taught that Israel was the center of God's purpose, but Israel is not the center at all, Christ is the center of God’s purpose and Israel was used as the "beginning" of God's purpose in bringing "all nations called by His name", back to Him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him. Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears. Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth. Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isa 43:5-11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Now we know why the Church is equated with the Tabernacle of David, and not the Tabernacle of Moses or even Solomon's Temple?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]God gave the law to Israel while they were in the wilderness. The law was not given to any other people on earth except Israel. Included in this law was the establishment of the Tabernacle of Moses. It should have been a straightforward thing for David to bring the tabernacle of Moses to Jerusalem to serve as a house for the ark of God. But David erected a different tabernacle (under the Lord's direction) that was quite apart from the Tabernacle of Moses and if apart from Moses' tabernacle then it was apart from the law and if apart from the law which was unique to Israel, then the Tabernacle of David was quite apart from ONLY Israel, too. It involved all NATIONS.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Back in Amos' and Isaiah's day, the coming days of the Gentiles were foreshadowed by the Tabernacle of David about which the law said nothing. Of course, Israel could not imagine how this could come about because they think no man can come to God apart from the law. We see this mindset many times in the NT.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Back then, in David's day, even Israel would have to come to the tabernacle of David and the throne that was established there, in order to continue with God. Can you imagine how much strife was there, when the Lord chose to build the tabernacle of David? If Israel did not understand, she might try to force this new work of God into their own, past reference points. She might try to force the Gentiles who are called by the name of God to come to Israel and to Moses and to the law. This is exactly what they were trying to do in the Jerusalem Church and at the Council of Jerusalem?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Often the new thing that God is doing is always opposed by the old work that God has done. But the Lord moves onward, and men show time and time again how they become entrenched and unbending, clinging to the outward shell, long after the substance has left. Long after the Shekinah glory is gone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thank God He raised up wise and prudent men (Apostles) who knew His ways and His Word, when He established the tabernacle of David, again. They are the remnant who have guarded against corruption and they only desire to see the Lord’s purposes fulfilled. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The center of worship for the people of Israel was the tabernacle of Moses and at the very center of this tabernacle, in the holiest place of all, was the ark of the covenant which was a foreshadow of the Lord Jesus Himself. When the wicked chief priests of that day handled the ark shamelessly, it was lost to the enemies of Israel. As a matter of fact the whole story parallels the way the chief priests of Jesus' day handed the Lord Jesus over to the Gentiles and thus the Messiah was lost to them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]So, when David recovered the ark, and put it instead into The Tabernacle of David, it remained in Jerusalem for 40 years (the time of testing) until Solomon built the glorious temple.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Therefore, the church of the Lord Jesus Christ is synonymous with the tabernacle of David and not of Moses and its purpose is to bring in the fullness of the Gentiles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This is typefied in that during David's reign the tabernacle of David was attended by a great company of Gentiles. There were Cherethites and Pelethites, many of the mighty men and so many others that were separating themselves from the impurity of the nations and coming to seek the Living God. The church is not of the Jews (not religious) and not of the Gentiles (not worldly), she is of heaven. We are in Christ and Christ is in us.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]It was the wisdom and sovereignty of God to choose Paul as an apostle to the Gentiles. If the choice were left up to men, they would have chosen someone with a non-religious background. God, instead chose the most zealous Israelite who had ever lived. Perhaps, the most religious man on earth to raise up that which is not Jewish or religious.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Paul ravaged the church and filled the prisons with redeemed men and women of God. Paul was like the men of Israel who bore the ark of God into battle with great confidence. But like many, Paul marched into battle with a black religious heart, ignorant of the ways of God. After 15 years of emptying and filling and changing and suffering and fellowship with the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ, the Lord had a man who could go to the Gentiles and build something neither religious nor worldly. A man who would prove obedient to the heavenly vision.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The tabernacle of David was a type and foreshadow of the church and was in ruins.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:" (Acts 15:16) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It is as if the Lord were saying, "the Tabernacle of David" is destroyed. I will rebuild it. Only this time when I restore it, I will build the reality of the tabernacle of David -- the Church."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Since the first century, God has been building and man has been building, too. God has had a remnant in every generation. Parallel with the “Tabernacle of David” today we have the worldly church, the Christian religious system -- the work of man. This is nothing new as the religious system has existed from Genesis through the entire Bible, culminating in it's defeat in Revelation. Jesus Christ is Victor over the religious system.[/SIZE]

So, here is another question: Why do sincere, gifted men who love God and want to be used by Him in His House, end up building the religious system, which is an abomination to God?

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Axehead said:
So, here is another question: Why do sincere, gifted men who love God and want to be used by Him in His House, end up building the religious system, which is an abomination to God?
The "religious system" that you refer to is the Order of Levi. The old way.

Why did men go back to it? Well The King said they would. He said they would not go to The New Wine and prefer their Old.

The Levitcal Order ensures that men are at the top of religion. They choose whom will give the word and endow them with rights and titles for preaching and administration over the laity.

The order ensures that NO ONE may question this authority, gives political and economic power and of course control over people, land and wealth.

This has been the way religion has been since the time of shamans.

The TRUE Order is of Melchizedek. But Christendom has not taken that up because it does not ensure power, control and wealth.

The first most repugnant thing to the Levites is that ANYONE ordained by the Holy Spirit, man or woman, rich or poor is a priest. Levites cannot allow this as it means that common rabble could be of the priesthood.

The second most repugnant thing to Levites is that it does not allow for priesthood to be a career. And the Levitical order does not want to dig ditches, make tents or do ANY manual labour. They wish to sit in
a comfy place of opulence, read scripture and then be glorified by the laity for being pious and wise. Look at the leadership in these denominations, they live like the Pharisees of old.

The third most repugnant thing to Levites is that the new order means they must submit to the King and dutifully tend the flocks entrusted to them. They have NO DESIRE to do this. They want YOU to serve them. They want to have power and make policies that mimic the 600+ commands of the old law. They wish to be priest kings and rule over you, your soul, your wealth and your land. And they will take anything they want from you, unless stopped by humanist secular laws that block them. And MY do they hate those laws. In lieu of those, they will badger, brainwash, deceive and curse you into compliance. Even going so far as to shun or remove you from the body itself.

These things revile the Levites. And EVERY SINGLE DENOMINATION is of the Order of Levite.

So what is the laity to do? Well like in Jesus' time, LEAVE THEM. Seek the ones that are of the New Order. Seek the Peters, Pauls and John The Baptists. Run from the Levites and let them rot in their heretical ways.

They are wolves in sheep clothing, looking to devour you. Do not heed them, get away from them and never allow them into your lives ever again as they are with The Enemy and not The King.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Several statements made by the Lord and quoted by James in Acts 15:

"I will rebuild the tabernacle of David which has fallen"
"I will rebuild its ruins"
"I will restore it"
"In order that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord".

Today, the rebuilding of the tabernacle of David seems to be in ruins and we could quote Jesus from Matthew 16 where He says, "I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it", and then throw up our hands and say, "Hallelujah, our God is sovereign, who can resist Him, it is done!"

But, God has chosen to build His Church by directly using men (this is not a flaw). The rebuilding effort is dependent upon how yielded and how pure His people are. We see this in Ezra and Haggai. And looking at the state of western Christianity, we can see on the whole that the people of God are not yielded and are not pure.

Today, many Christians only care about whether they will go to heaven. Never for a moment would they stop and consider the Lord’s testimony. They still live according to their former manner of life not caring whether their fleshly living would cause God’s testimony to suffer loss. They are content as long as they can gain some blessings from the Lord. They are just like the majority of the children of Israel who flourished and frolicked in Babylon; their success and future were so rooted in Babylon that they were inseparable from Babylon. Sadly, many Christians today are caught in the same deep-rooted captivity to this world. The Lord cannot entrust His testimony to these Christians.

What God accomplished in the 1st century is indeed lying in ruins today, and in its place we have the Christian religious system--the work of man. But once again, the Word of God calls out, "I will rebuild, I will restore". Those who have ears to hear can do nothing else but respond.

But we need a heavenly vision. No matter how much you love the Lord or how many gifts the Holy Spirit has given you, without a vision, one will never be used to build His house. How can someone build what they have not seen? They cannot lay hold of what they do not know. Moses was shown a heavenly reality and then he built the tabernacle. And likewise, it was true for the Temple. David was given a vision and then gave a detailed plan to Solomon on how the Temple should be built, according to the desire of God and not the "good ideas" of man. If these things are true concerning the OT types and foreshadows, how much more do we need a God-given vision of the desire and purposes of God? We don't need a negative vision (what the Church is not), we need a vision from the Lord of what the Church IS! We can't build, knowing only what the Church is not. We can't be reactive and think that building is simply the opposite of the religious system (take out everything we see as wrong). We are only leaning upon our own understanding if we throw out what WE THINK is wrong and build. You just end up building another expression of the religious system -- man's work.

God is restoring the Tabernacle of David, today. He is rebuilding and restoring what the Early Church was and the glory of the latter house will be greater than the glory of the former. Hag 2:9.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Sa 8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Started a long time ago.

1Sa 8:11 And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.

Whats changed??

Mat 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Mat 20:27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

So we see the face of religion and church,

In all His Love

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Its not religion.

It's old wine. Don't confuse the two.

It's not church either, when we have fellowship that is church.

It's the order of Levi that is causing problems.

Religion and church are fine.

Old wine is not. Do not throw the baby out with the bath water just because your nose is out of joint.

This is why we have so many new age dolts, agnostics and atheists. Because they think this heretical order is the same as God.

Don't blame God, religion and church for the blasphemy of man. That's what the enemy wants you to do.