Why no peace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BrotherIan

Sep 23, 2018
Northern NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank You "ByGrace"
i have read some of your Posts over the last few days
and noticed, you try to be a True Example of Christ's teachings and can sense, your Warm Heart.
Small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.
I hope your Heart is Fine.
Jesus said Rejoice, when people mock you, for the Kingdom of Heaven is Yours.
Blessings, Dear Lady.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I snipped this in quote...but it was a good post.

I don't believe that we will see very much change on the outside...while people do not have peace on the inside.
All the while people believe that everything hangs or falls on doctrine, it will continue to be strife .
A few may argue their point because they wish to see the other person free of what ( they feel) is false doctrine. But for the most part the argument come via pride. " I am right, and I have the truth, and you must believe as I believe"
The mighty 'I' that is not yet dead.

A few weeks ago I was ready to leave the Forum...but there are people here we do have a love of the truth and a love for others and post with inspiration and life. Plus, I myself needed to see that peace is an inside thing, not an outside thing.
All the while we look for it from other Christians or from the world without, we will be disappointed. Peace must be unmovable in our spirit...when that is solid collectively...only then will we see peace come without.

He is our peace.
Bless you....Helen
Spot on and good post, fine job!
"peace is an inside thing, not an outside thing." Oh how true that is. If our peace is on the inside...which it should be, it is impossible for Satan to steal it ♥

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your OP-wonderful testimony to the glory of God!
When reading your post, referring to the lack of peace within the Church, I think of the parable of the wheat and tares. My opinion is that there are many tares within the Church and until He separates the tares from the wheat, there will never be unity in the Church on earth today :(

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peace is definitely a big thing I have been talking to God about. And by His grace, I think my anxiety has greatly been decreasing. Thank you for your testimony. I read some snippets, but definitely want to go back.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See peace and understanding as two cars. Understanding is a beat up junker smoking and lurching along. Peace is a sleek custom high speed sports car that passes understanding swiftly.

Peace that passes understanding. Peace is something from the Prince of peace we can have even when we have zero understanding of what is going on around us. We may understand later as Jesus said but peace is a now thing. Always a now.

With peace we are content without understanding while understanding is no guarantee of having peace.

Philippians 4:7 KJVS
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God became very close and very real to me. The peace of God is important above all things. ALL things. It is an indicator. It is THE indicator. If you have that peace then all is well. I wonder how many have it? I wonder how many have the required baptism in the Holy Spirit? So many are so silent and do not say. But by many posted statements and questions I see that something is missing. Fighting over things that ought not to be fought over. Provoking others with positions that are contrary to sound doctrine. Looking for a fight and demanding to be right. Demanding to be pronounced king of the subject at hand. King indeed of the scriptures. They have not allowed God to come in and disarm the fleshly passion to climb on top of others and crow like a Banty rooster "I have prevailed and am right"! A misinterpretation if ever one was.

I was revisiting this post, and wanted to discuss it with you briefly if possible, Frank. I recall wondering a few weeks back how to keep one's peace while nevertheless remaining vigilant in preventing Christian sites like this from getting completely overrun by false doctrine. Though @lforrest hasn't posted much about it publicly, he had a series of dreams that predicted it would take place, and in my opinion it largely has already. There is so much false teaching that it's virtually everywhere you look at this forum, and I see people younger in the Lord being influenced by it, and drawn away into falsehood.

So let me ask you: What is your recipe for seeing these things happen and still remain at peace? I'm asking honestly, as I honestly struggle with the question sometimes. What I find myself doing is dealing with things (and people), and since they are often antagonistic, it will turn heated. But despite not feeling all that great about it, I nevertheless return to being at peace in Christ very quickly after doing so. If I were to sit idly by and do nothing I would have no peace. But I find it near impossible to deal with those the enemy uses to goad and mislead without coming a little unglued, LoL.

Any advice would be appreciated. I know the scripture teaches to correct in meekness, but because I find it near impossible to keep from losing patience in such situations, that often gets thrown out the window. If were up to me, I would simply let things be, but that doesn't seem like the spiritually responsible thing to do either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was revisiting this post, and wanted to discuss it with you briefly if possible, Frank. I recall wondering a few weeks back how to keep one's peace while nevertheless remaining vigilant in preventing Christian sites like this from getting completely overrun by false doctrine. Though @lforrest hasn't posted much about it publicly, he had a series of dreams that predicted it would take place, and in my opinion it largely has already. There is so much false teaching that's it's virtually everywhere you look at this forum, and I see people younger in the Lord being influenced by it, and drawn away into falsehood.

So let me ask you: What is your recipe for seeing these things happen and still remain at peace? I'm asking honestly, as I honestly struggle with the question sometimes. What I find myself doing is dealing with things (and people), and since they are often antagonistic, it will turn heated. But despite not feeling all that great about it, I nevertheless return to being at peace in Christ very quickly after doing so. If I were to sit idly by and do nothing I would have no peace. But I find it near impossible to deal with those the enemy uses to goad and mislead without coming a little unglued, LoL.

Any advice would be appreciated. I know the scripture teaches to correct in meekness, but because I find it near impossible to keep from losing patience in such situations, that often gets thrown out the window. If were up to me, I would simply let things be, but that doesn't seem like the spiritually responsible thing to do either.

Often I feel I've failed so much that I feel totally unqualified to comment or advise on anything. But I suppose we all get hit with that.

There is no magic potion for having peace. Forcing yourself not to give it away is a practiced exercise. The recollection of experiences of getting involved in disputes, worries, pointless debates and increased trouble due to putting off unpleasant tasks helps.

Oops, I see where this is going and bowing out before the strife increases to a nuclear level. Yet again and again we see that when an untruth, a complete falsehood is being promoted our spirit man cannot remain silent. There are many many many battles in this life as a Christian. All kinds, types, species and flavors of them.

As a child and on into adulthood I was tormented by demon spirits of fear. Extreme fear. I won't go into what brought them but it was induced by family members who themselves were very afraid. I hope that I've forgiven them and bear no animosity.

As a consequence I was always an overachiever, at least in my own eyes. I worked in the engineering profession and love all kinds of design, art, woodworking, metal working, hunting, fishing construction gardening and the like and really wore my body out after doing the work of three men on our rural place.

Constant and afflicting pain from hard labor and injuries will do a fine job of robbing anyone's peace!

I was 33 when Jesus christ came and convicted me. You couldn't have drug me into church with the proverbial mule team. Number one I felt myself to be worse than others through the belittlements from childhood. Number two I'd seen the actions of denominational Christians, so called, that exuded nothing but self righteousness without exhibiting a smidgen of God's love. Trying to witness Jesus without love is an oxymoron.

So according to the words of Ezekiel the 34th chapter, God came himself to get me. After he'd saved me I had to realize what had happened by reading the Bible. Then he caused me to seek him to be baptized in His most Holy Spirit. He did so but I had no idea once again what had happened. I went around speaking in tongues to myself and finding out in the bible what this might be. It's a very strange time becomung a new creature in Christ with no counsel.

It was a great and powerful game changer. By his power I began to have peace and he told me that he had saved me at 33 years of age so that Jesus, who gave his life at 33, could begin living in me. I was humbled beyond belief.

We attended a few good churches since all this began in 1977 and there was a great move of the Holy Spirit in progress. But now it's not so as we all are aware. There are few places to go to be edified. Very few and much false doctrine.

We can never never depend upon others for our peace. Fighting the good fight is a minute by minute struggle quite often. Being a prophet there are often extreme inner spiritual battles that you must fight. Prayer in the spirit, quoting scriptures, singing praise to God are all weapons of our warfare. As you know our adversary is always looking for a chance to attack and destroy us. Kill us. It's ONLY by the anointing that the yoke is broken.

The kingdom of God is just three things we are told. Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

I notice that God placed peace right in the middle.

Righteous, peace, joy.

I'd never noticed it before but it's entirely so. Peace must always be right in the center of things for a Holy balance.

We can read of the peace in chapter 41 of Genesis. "God will give Pharaoh an answer of peace". Not only Pharaoh but us too. In everything we do there must needs be an answer of peace. When seeking guidance peace is the chief thing. Peace is always resident when you have set foot on the path God wants you to take. We see so many posts by those who obviously, we discern, have zero peace. I do feel for them as they are trying to do spiritual work through the strength of their flesh and natural minded intellect. Those not having the fullness of the spirit if I may be so bold as to say so.

I don't want to go on and on here but our peace can only be found in the prince of peace through a diligent out pouring of our heart before him. Searching your heart and mind and confessing every single thing to him no matter how seemingly small.

After this pouring out, see psalm 62:8, he rewards us with a new anointing of his indescribable peace. Once bring pressed in the spirit per Job chapter 32, relief came after extended prayer in the spirit and the Holy Spirit spoke strongly in my spirit.
"son thy sins be forgiven thee. Walk in newness of life" were his exact words.

By his peace I'm still wrestling daily to do this.

I hope some of this made sense. God bless you in you daily battles and seek to put peace right in the middle. Amen

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Often I feel I've failed so much that I feel totally unqualified to comment or advise on anything. But I suppose we all get hit with that.

There is no magic potion for having peace. Forcing yourself not to give it away is a practiced exercise. The recollection of experiences of getting involved in disputes, worries, pointless debates and increased trouble due to putting off unpleasant tasks helps.

Oops, I see where this is going and bowing out before the strife increases to a nuclear level. Yet again and again we see that when an untruth, a complete falsehood is being promoted our spirit man cannot remain silent. There are many many many battles in this life as a Christian. All kinds, types, species and flavors of them.

As a child and on into adulthood I was tormented by demon spirits of fear. Extreme fear. I won't go into what brought them but it was induced by family members who themselves were very afraid. I hope that I've forgiven them and bear no animosity.

As a consequence I was always an overachiever, at least in my own eyes. I worked in the engineering profession and love all kinds of design, art, woodworking, metal working, hunting, fishing construction gardening and the like and really wore my body out after doing the work of three men on our rural place.

Constant and afflicting pain from hard labor and injuries will do a fine job of robbing anyone's peace!

I was 33 when Jesus christ came and convicted me. You couldn't have drug me into church with the proverbial mule team. Number one I felt myself to be worse than others through the belittlements from childhood. Number two I'd seen the actions of denominational Christians, so called, that exuded nothing but self righteousness without exhibiting a smidgen of God's love. Trying to witness Jesus without love is an oxymoron.

So according to the words of Ezekiel the 34th chapter, God came himself to get me. After he'd saved me I had to realize what had happened by reading the Bible. Then he caused me to seek him to be baptized in His most Holy Spirit. He did so but I had no idea once again what had happened. I went around speaking in tongues to myself and finding out in the bible what this might be. It's a very strange time becomung a new creature in Christ with no counsel.

It was a great and powerful game changer. By his power I began to have peace and he told me that he had saved me at 33 years of age so that Jesus, who gave his life at 33, could begin living in me. I was humbled beyond belief.

We attended a few good churches since all this began in 1977 and there was a great move of the Holy Spirit in progress. But now it's not so as we all are aware. There are few places to go to be edified. Very few and much false doctrine.

We can never never depend upon others for our peace. Fighting the good fight is a minute by minute struggle quite often. Being a prophet there are often extreme inner spiritual battles that you must fight. Prayer in the spirit, quoting scriptures, singing praise to God are all weapons of our warfare. As you know our adversary is always looking for a chance to attack and destroy us. Kill us. It's ONLY by the anointing that the yoke is broken.

The kingdom of God is just three things we are told. Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Righteous, peace, joy.

I'd never noticed it before but it's entirely so. Peace must always be right in the center of things for a Holy balance.

We can read of the peace in chapter 41 of Genesis. "God will give Pharaoh an answer of peace". Not only Pharaoh but us too. In everything we do there must needs be an answer of peace. When seeking guidance peace is the chief thing. Peace is always resident when you have set foot on the path God wants you to take. We see so many posts by those who obviously, we discern, have zero peace. I do feel for them as they are trying to do spiritual work through the strength of their flesh and natural minded intellect. Those not having the fullness of the spirit if I may be so bold as to say so.

I don't want to go on and on here but our peace can only be found in the prince of peace through a diligent out pouring of our heart before him. Searching your heart and mind and confessing every single thing to him no matter how seemingly small.

After this pouring out, see psalm 62:8, he rewards us with a new anointing of his indescribable peace. Once bring pressed in the spirit per Job chapter 32, relief came after extended prayer in the spirit and the Holy Spirit spoke strongly in my spirit.

I hope some of this made sense. God bless you in you daily battles and seek to put peace rich t in the middle. Amen
Great testimony bro. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Frank Lee

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Righteous, peace, joy.

I hope some of this made sense. God bless you in you daily battles and seek to put peace right in the middle. Amen

Reading your answer made me do an inventory on the things that cause me to lose my peace, and I can honestly say the following:

Losing my job wouldn't make me lose my peace (it actually happened a few years ago, and I never worried a bit despite having no idea how I was going to make a living). Even the entire world economy crashing wouldn't make me lose my peace. In fact it would probably give me more peace, because I know God would simply provide for me supernaturally, and it would increase my faith even more. Losing my wife wouldn't make me lose my peace, despite the fact that she takes care of a lot of things for me and is my soulmate...

But seeing God's people deceived definitely does make me lose my peace, and I'm wondering if it is because I am a man after God's heart (not trying to boast; I am trying to find answers here). I then recalled Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 11:28, that he was continually struggling with anxieties over what would become of the churches, seeing that Satan was constantly moving to destroy them...

This doesn't help, LoL. I'm still confused. If Paul was affected by anxieties over the same things, was he sinning or am I experiencing something normal to the believer?

Well, just thinking out loud. Thanks for your kind response, and if anything else comes to you please add it.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking too much about can definitely destroy peace. When I'm really basking in his peace I find that no thought is troubling me.

When we sit in a chair we don't fret over whether it will hold us or not. We just flop down onto it. We must flop down in God's peace knowing it is there. We don't have to be concerned about it's strength, if it's ours, if we're doing it right or if it's really for us.

I don't know whether or not you're baptized in the Holy Spirit and pray in tongues but that is the rest and refreshing. Whenever I'm beset by fiery darts and the battle is raging I have zero recourse except to use the gift he has given partially for that purpose.

Indeed, He will speak to this people Through stammering lips and a foreign tongue, He who said to them, "Here is rest, give rest to the weary," And, "Here is repose," but they would not listen.
Isaiah 28:11‭-‬12 NASB

I can find God's perfect peace through prayer in the spirit when al else fails.

Brother Jude clearly says:

Jude 1:20 KJVS
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

That's exactly why brother Paul said;

1 Corinthians 14:4 KJVS
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth (building, restore, repair, promote growth, build up) himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

I've read some idiotic comments saying that edifying yourself was a sin!

And further Paul states;

I thank God, I speak in tongues more than you all; 1 Corinthians 14:18 NASB

Paul if anyone, knew the value of being built up in the spirit through praying in tongues and charging up his spirit man. He says I pray in tongues more than all of you.

This is one facet of peace using every single supernatural gift that God has given to us.

The use of them is not optional. They are given for the purposes stated and for intercessory prayer.

Use everything he gives and don't hesitate to ask for any gift since he will not give you a serpent when you request fish.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read some idiotic comments saying that edifying yourself was a sin!

LoL! Yes, I've been baptized and speak in tongues, though I find myself only doing so naturally (almost subconsciously) when I slip into prayer. I suppose maybe the key would be to enter into prayer more whenever I start encountering situations that may threaten my peace... maybe. :confused: