Why Preaching Is Important

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit bears witness as before your post i was thinking how God says:
"honor the grey haired" and not only that but also "the bald head"
Why is that?
God is referring to men/women who have walked with Him in Life and have Wisdom, Discernment and Truth.
Notice also "grey haired or bald" = no distinction = no discrimination with God and the Holy Spirit

Remember what happened to those children who mocked saying: 2 Kings 2:23
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”

So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Because of religion few understand who the "Word was God" IS from the Beginning.

107:23-32
Those who go down to the sea in ships,
Who do business on great waters,
24They see the works of the Lord,
And His wonders in the deep.
25For He commands and raises the stormy wind,
Which lifts up the waves of the sea.
26They mount up to the heavens,
They go down again to the depths;
Their soul melts because of trouble.
27They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man,
And [e]are at their wits’ end.
28Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He brings them out of their distresses.
29He calms the storm,
So that its waves are still.
30Then they are glad because they are quiet;
So He guides them to their desired haven.
31Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
32Let them exalt Him also in the assembly of the people,
And praise Him in the company of the elders.

Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”
But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. So the men marveled, saying, Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?
hA - great post :)

Reactions: David in NJ

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wasn't aware God was thinking of me when Christ went to the cross till a
man at work walked up and told me. That was quite a eureka moment
because I knew Jesus died for the sins of the world but didn't think it was for
anybody in particular. In point of fact, I had been brought up to feel pity for
Christ as a victim of unfortunate circumstances beyond his control. Had that
man at work not taken the initiative to speak with me, I might've never
known the truth.
_
That is not preaching. That is sharing our faith.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not preaching. That is sharing our faith.
Sharing your faith is preaching!!

Our faith is in Jesus Christ our Lord - who because He is our Lord and is called the Word of God, because He speaks to us personally.

So sharing our faith in Jesus Christ is proclaiming/preaching Jesus Christ!!

The problem came from many proclaiming the Law of God, even the Scriptures as the Word of God.

Teaching is not preaching!!!

We are to teach the Law and the Scriptures - but we proclaim, (which is preaching) Jesus Christ.

Sadly at many Christian churches this is not really explained. We see the pastor/preach, get in front of the congregation and teach the Law and Scriptures, and it is presented as "preaching"! But that is not preaching. The church is supposed to edify, which means teach in religious matters - but even more important than that is telling people about Jesus Christ!!

The OP was 'Weber's Home' telling us about Jesus Christ. He was preaching, not teaching, and had it presented as such! And since the thread was about the need to preach; 'Weber's Home' correctly gave an example of someone telling Him (proclaiming to Him) about Jesus Christ. And it was an important post for the very reason just mentioned. Too many "Pastor/Preachers" are really just teachers of the Law and not actually preachers of Jesus Christ, as our Lord and Saviour.

If and when that happens you get a group of "Pastor/Preachers" which are just like the Pharisees we read about in the Bible. They stop telling people about Jesus Christ and the personal relationship with Him that we can now have with our Lord. They turned preaching Him into trying to be saved by following the Law and Scriptures based on our own understanding, instead of through Jesus Christ!

This problem is clearly explain in the Bible, and a good Teacher (Jesus Christ) will point this out to you if you do seek Him and get to know Him. He even does it by having you read the Scriptures and pointing out what is actually written to you. You and Him can have conversation about the Scriptures, even Scriptures like:

Gal 3:26 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.
Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

You should be able to see in the above verses that we are sharing/preaching our faith, and that in Jesus Christ - not the Scriptures!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sharing your faith is preaching!!

Our faith is in Jesus Christ our Lord - who because He is our Lord and is called the Word of God, because He speaks to us personally.

So sharing our faith in Jesus Christ is proclaiming/preaching Jesus Christ!!

The problem came from many proclaiming the Law of God, even the Scriptures as the Word of God.

Teaching is not preaching!!!

We are to teach the Law and the Scriptures - but we proclaim, (which is preaching) Jesus Christ.

Sadly at many Christian churches this is not really explained. We see the pastor/preach, get in front of the congregation and teach the Law and Scriptures, and it is presented as "preaching"! But that is not preaching. The church is supposed to edify, which means teach in religious matters - but even more important than that is telling people about Jesus Christ!!

The OP was 'Weber's Home' telling us about Jesus Christ. He was preaching, not teaching, and had it presented as such! And since the thread was about the need to preach; 'Weber's Home' correctly gave an example of someone telling Him (proclaiming to Him) about Jesus Christ. And it was an important post for the very reason just mentioned. Too many "Pastor/Preachers" are really just teachers of the Law and not actually preachers of Jesus Christ, as our Lord and Saviour.

If and when that happens you get a group of "Pastor/Preachers" which are just like the Pharisees we read about in the Bible. They stop telling people about Jesus Christ and the personal relationship with Him that we can now have with our Lord. They turned preaching Him into trying to be saved by following the Law and Scriptures based on our own understanding, instead of through Jesus Christ!

This problem is clearly explain in the Bible, and a good Teacher (Jesus Christ) will point this out to you if you do seek Him and get to know Him. He even does it by having you read the Scriptures and pointing out what is actually written to you. You and Him can have conversation about the Scriptures, even Scriptures like:

Gal 3:26 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.
Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

You should be able to see in the above verses that we are sharing/preaching our faith, and that in Jesus Christ - not the Scriptures!
I never preach when I am sharing my faith