Why the circumcision?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

If one gives it a think, one might see that being a Jew can be public knowledge by telling other one is Jewish but the proof is seen privately in the general sense. Much like what is understood as Christian today. One can say they are Christian but what God sees privately is the proof. And just the same if the proof isn’t there, then that one will be cast out.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
Gen 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Gen 17:23 And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.
Gen 17:25 And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
Gen 17:26 In the selfsame day was Abraham circumcised, and Ishmael his son.

Gen 21:4 And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him.

Act 7:8 And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs.

Who are the uncircumcised??

Hugs

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

If one gives it a think, one might see that being a Jew can be public knowledge by telling other one is Jewish but the proof is seen privately in the general sense. Much like what is understood as Christian today. One can say they are Christian but what God sees privately is the proof. And just the same if the proof isn’t there, then that one will be cast out.

I like your post, for this question of yours rests at the very Heart of the entire Bible. I know that you want to expound on this hidden Truth that you are aware of. So please tell us all . . . what is this physical circumcision pointing to? What is that hidden, private Truth that points to the proof of which you are speaking? What is that Everlasting Covenant? What is that Holy Promise? What is that remarkable Blessing of all Blessings?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Circumcision is of the heart.

and:

Jhn 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Circumcision is of the heart.

and:

Jhn 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Aren't you thankful that Jesus would lay down His life for us, His Friends? And of course, He did this for those whom He would lift the Curse of Adam and Eve, those of whom the Father had given to Him, known from before the foundation of the earth.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus died even for those he called children of the devil.

Jhn 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Jhn 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Jhn 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Jhn 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Jhn 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Jhn 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Father forgive them for they know not what they do.

Amen
Hugs

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like your post, for this question of yours rests at the very Heart of the entire Bible. I know that you want to expound on this hidden Truth that you are aware of. So please tell us all . . . what is this physical circumcision pointing to? What is that hidden, private Truth that points to the proof of which you are speaking? What is that Everlasting Covenant? What is that Holy Promise? What is that remarkable Blessing of all Blessings?

sorry, no deep secrets, just noticing the similarities in the experience though one is physical and the other is of Spirit. if one can try to imagine the experiences the Jews have in a world that has a natural hatred for them, one might get so insight as to why the Lord chose circumcision.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, no deep secrets, just noticing the similarities in the experience though one is physical and the other is of Spirit. if one can try to imagine the experiences the Jews have in a world that has a natural hatred for them, one might get so insight as to why the Lord chose circumcision.

Circumcision is the lifting of the Curse of Adam and Eve and that it is Christ who performs this Purifying act. This is why Adam and Eve were not allowed to eat from the Tree of Life, protected by the Flaming Sword of the Spirit, and at that time, discovered that all would have to wait until Christ on the Cross to receive their full debts paid. A very small Remnant received this lifting of the Curse, but as said . . . very few. Those same had been given the temporary gift of the Holy Spirit, but those who died in the past would be required to wait for the risen Christ for the completeness of their Abraham-like Faith . . . the Faith that only comes through Spiritual Circumcision.

Romans 3:25-26 NLT - "For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, 26 for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus."

What do you think Circumcision is all about?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Circumcision is the lifting of the Curse of Adam and Eve and that it is Christ who performs this Purifying act. This is why Adam and Eve were not allowed to eat from the Tree of Life, protected by the Flaming Sword of the Spirit, and at that time, discovered that all would have to wait until Christ on the Cross to receive their full debts paid. A very small Remnant received this lifting of the Curse, but as said . . . very few. Those same had been given the temporary gift of the Holy Spirit, but those who died in the past would be required to wait for the risen Christ for the completeness of their Abraham-like Faith . . . the Faith that only comes through Spiritual Circumcision.

Romans 3:25-26 NLT - "For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, 26 for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus."

What do you think Circumcision is all about?

I was simply pointing out that when one gives it a thought, that it a good chance that God choose circumcision in the flesh because its most like what the born again experience.

again a Jew can be publicly known to be a Jew but its proven privately, anyone can claim to be a Christian and act like what others think a Christian ought to act like. but God knows the truth and that is a private matter.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was simply pointing out that when one gives it a thought, that it a good chance that God choose circumcision in the flesh because its most like what the born again experience.

again a Jew can be publicly known to be a Jew but its proven privately, anyone can claim to be a Christian and act like what others think a Christian ought to act like. but God knows the truth and that is a private matter.

Okie doke.