Why was Jesus' garment seamless?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Because the Word is without beginning or end.. it is ENDLESS.
Matt 24:36
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV

John 19:23
23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout
KJV
Ps 102:25-27
25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
KJV
Heb 7:1-3
7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
KJV
Rev 22:13
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
KJV

For in the beginning was THE WORD and all things were created by The Word and for the Word the Apha(bet) The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. He is the same yesterday today and forever for there is no end to the Word of Life.

When we clothe ourselves in the eternal Word, we will not be found naked and ashamed.

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
The Bible says it was seamless
John 19:23 Ryrie study Bible version

23. Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His outer garments and made four parts, a part to every soldier and also the tunic; now the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Markseasigh said:
John 19:23 Ryrie study Bible version

23. Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His outer garments and made four parts, a part to every soldier and also the tunic; now the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece.
Were you showing how the Bible says his garment was seamless or one continuous piece?

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
afaithfulone4u said:
Because the Word is without beginning or end.. it is ENDLESS.
Matt 24:36
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV

John 19:23
23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout
KJV
Ps 102:25-27
25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
KJV
Heb 7:1-3
7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
KJV
Rev 22:13
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
KJV

For in the beginning was THE WORD and all things were created by The Word and for the Word the Apha(bet) The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. He is the same yesterday today and forever for there is no end to the Word of Life.

When we clothe ourselves in the eternal Word, we will not be found naked and ashamed.

Thanks for sharing that. I think the Lord has revealed something special to you.

There is a fulfilment of prophecy also.

Psa 22:18 They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Graceismine said:
Thanks for sharing that. I think the Lord has revealed something special to you.

There is a fulfilment of prophecy also.

Psa 22:18 They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.
Praise the Lord for all the wonderful mysteries God has shown me... glory, glory, glory Praise be God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!

blessings