Why Wont They Listen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you ever wondered why people wont listen too you when you speak about Jesus, well lets think a little.

1. You say you have God, but so do Muslims, the Hindu and every other religion under the sun, so what is it that you have that they do not ??
2. You say you have the truth, but so do they. They have teachers and scribes, just like you, so what is it that you have that they do not.
3. You go to church, ( some don’t ), so do they, they all have their temples, their worship places, what ever or wherever they may be, so again, what is it that you have that they do not.
4. You say you have the bible and that it is the word of God, they would say the same about their books, so again what is it you have,
5. Is it prayer, but they all pray, some more then you so there is no difference there.
6. The Holy Spirit maybe, but again they all have their spirits that work for them and guide them so again, what makes you different.

Actually by now you may see they have no reason to listen to you, because what it is that you are lacking but should have is Jesus, and I don’t just mean the knowledge of, but actually knowing Him and letting Him change you, so that people can see Him in you so that they have reason to listen. You see we are supposed to conform to His image, the Image of Christ, to do His will, to speak what He has to say, and to do the things that He asks you to do, not because it is written in the bible but because you are being led by the spirit, the spirit of truth, who will teach and guide you into all the truth.
Now when you have this, they will listen, not because you carry a bible or even know it by heart, but because you will be taught through experience, and you will show them Christ, His love, His compassion, but also they will see the excitement in you that shows when you speak of Him, and they will see you are different, and they will listen. Now they may walk away without any change, but with Christ a seed is sown, and who knows when Jesus will water and reap from that seed.

In His LOve

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
What makes you think that people who have Jesus in them and know Him in the same way that Jesus knows the Father and abide In Him in the same way as Jesus abides in the Father, will listen to you or see anything different in you at all ?
Did the hypocritical Pharisees see anything different in Jesus to make them sit up and take notice of Him ?
If the Holy Spirit led you to go and tell a bunch of hypocrites that they ought to repent of their hypocrisy, would you go and do it or be afraid of being rejected by them and told you were being judgmental and unkind?
Truth tends to offend hypocrites and all people who hate the Truth.
If religious hypocrites called Jesus a liar and a mad man, and thought He was of the devil, what makes you think you will be seen in any better light by people who hate the Truth ? Don't deceive yourself. The Love of God is a tough Love and not always the kind that the world sees as love at all.

Do not expect to be loved by the world and don't lower yourself to worldly standards and worldly concepts of love just to be accepted by them.

If you wish to be like Jesus, dont expect to be treated any better than Jesus was treated by hypocrites and people who deny the Truth regardless of whether those people claim to be Christian or any other religion or nonreligious. They wont listen to you any more than they listen to Him. Expect to be called evil and of the devil because that is how they treated Jesus. If you are not being treated the same then there is something wrong and maybe you are following the wrong Jesus who panders to the flesh of people instead of lifting them up in Spirit and challenging them to sin no more. ?

It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more [shall they call] them of his household? Matt 10:25

The reason they won't listen is because they have been blinded and deafened by their own lack of Love and rejection for the Truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You missed it didnt you.

if I wanted to be treated nicely i would go to church.

In His Love

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not Listening
-- William C. Russ
Giving a sermon one Sunday, I heard two teenage girls in the back giggling and disturbing people.
I interrupted my sermon and announced sternly, "There are two of you here who have not heard a word I've said."
That quieted them down.

When the service was over, I went to greet people at the front door.
Three adults apologized for going to sleep in church, promising it would never happen again.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
You missed it didnt you.

if I wanted to be treated nicely i would go to church.

In His Love

What is nice about people being hypocritical?

Not Listening
-- William C. Russ
Giving a sermon one Sunday, I heard two teenage girls in the back giggling and disturbing people.
I interrupted my sermon and announced sternly, "There are two of you here who have not heard a word I've said."
That quieted them down.

When the service was over, I went to greet people at the front door.
Three adults apologized for going to sleep in church, promising it would never happen again.

That's about as much as people really listen to the Lord. They have ears to hear and hear nothing. They have eyes to see and see nothing.

ahigherway

Jun 17, 2010
Have you ever wondered why people wont listen too you when you speak about Jesus, well lets think a little.

1. You say you have God, but so do Muslims, the Hindu and every other religion under the sun, so what is it that you have that they do not ??
2. You say you have the truth, but so do they. They have teachers and scribes, just like you, so what is it that you have that they do not.
3. You go to church, ( some don’t ), so do they, they all have their temples, their worship places, what ever or wherever they may be, so again, what is it that you have that they do not.
4. You say you have the bible and that it is the word of God, they would say the same about their books, so again what is it you have,
5. Is it prayer, but they all pray, some more then you so there is no difference there.
6. The Holy Spirit maybe, but again they all have their spirits that work for them and guide them so again, what makes you different.

Actually by now you may see they have no reason to listen to you, because what it is that you are lacking but should have is Jesus, and I don’t just mean the knowledge of, but actually knowing Him and letting Him change you, so that people can see Him in you so that they have reason to listen. You see we are supposed to conform to His image, the Image of Christ, to do His will, to speak what He has to say, and to do the things that He asks you to do, not because it is written in the bible but because you are being led by the spirit, the spirit of truth, who will teach and guide you into all the truth.
Now when you have this, they will listen, not because you carry a bible or even know it by heart, but because you will be taught through experience, and you will show them Christ, His love, His compassion, but also they will see the excitement in you that shows when you speak of Him, and they will see you are different, and they will listen. Now they may walk away without any change, but with Christ a seed is sown, and who knows when Jesus will water and reap from that seed.

In His LOve

AGREED 110%. May Christ arise in ALL His creatures!

Blessings,
brian