Will there be any need for money in heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By "money", I mean some form of a currency unit, like the US dollar. I don't think there will be any need for this kind of capitalistic national currency.

Matthew 6:

24 No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
1 Timothy 6:

10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
On the other hand, Luke 12:

33 Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.
There is some form of non-capitalistic money/treasure in heaven.

Matthew 6:

20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
The heavenly economy will be different after the resurrection. Revelation 21:

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.
21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.
There will be no need for capitalistic currencies. However, there may be some form of medium unit (perhaps digital) for exchanging goods and services.

Reactions: Nancy

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By "money", I mean some form of a currency unit, like the US dollar. I don't think there will be any need for this kind of capitalistic national currency.

Matthew 6:

1 Timothy 6:

Matthew 6:

There will be no need for capitalistic currencies. However, there may be some form of medium unit (perhaps digital) for exchanging goods and services.
I don't have a clue. ;) Thanks Tony!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 6:

1 Timothy 6:

Matthew 6:

Hi Tony,

"20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

What are these "treasures"? 21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also..." I do not believe these "treasures in heaven" will at all be anything from this earth, I think there is a spiritual connotation here. What does God value? Does he care about mans digital invention? Cars, money, houses and such will all come to corruption and I think none of it will be in heaven, remember Jesus said that:

1 Cor. 1:9
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." The bolded part tells me that NO man can even imagine what He has in store for those who love Him. Best thing I remember wondering is "will there be different colors??" Lol. Our earthly minds cannot conceive of any color that does not come from all the basic ones. Try to think of a color that does NOT come from them! Sorry, OT! Oops...

Fruit of the Spirit are what I believe the treasures in heaven to be. :)

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Whatever they are, they are valuables in the new earth, more valuable than gold today.
We don't yet fully appreciate currency in a world where everybody can be trusted. Presently, we have to guard our possessions against thieves, against those who covet what we have.

But are there valuables in the future Kingdom? Just look at all of the valuables mentioned in the book of Revelation! Gold, gemstones, incense, land and cities that rise up higher than a satellite. That's some pretty rich real etate.

But we won't need to trade that real estate for anything else. It will all be ours! :)

I do think there will be some kind of business activity and perhaps even trade with respect to cooperative ventures. Maybe there will be no end to developing the earth, to building, to beautification? But how can we even imagine it in the world we now live in?

Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 6:

1 Timothy 6:

Matthew 6:

I can only speculate. I would think we would have some sort of "account" in heaven, which would require us to maintain a certain discipline regarding how much we "spend." I doubt we'll be buying a brand-new house every day.