Will there be genders in heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In heaven, we are all sons of God. Mark 3:

35 For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.
English Standard Version, Revelation 21:

7 The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.
Our earthly, defective familial relationships will be replaced. Our earthly sons and daughters will become our brothers in heaven, which is better for everyone. We will love one another as sons of God.

Genders, as we understand them now on Earth, will be transformed and upgraded to the new Earth concept/reality after the resurrection.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you died and went to heaven, you would not recognize any women, mother, grandma, aunt ...?
We all have speculated about what we will be like and it is somewhat a mystery. We will be like the angels, like Jesus, but still ourselves.
We may think of the scripture: "There is now neither male nor female, Jew or Gentile ..." But that is spiritual.
We have an identity - will we completely lose that frame of reference and be totally transformed into a different creature? What would be the significance of our lives on earth? The way I think of it is that the best part of us moves on, leaving behind the junk.
No marriage and no sex does not mean our identity has completely changed. You will see those women. At least their faces will be recognizable.
* Colton Burpo ( at 4 years old) saw a slightly older sister in heaven who died as a fetus in his Mommy's womb ... if you can believe that. Your name stays with you too - why wouldn't it.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Our earthly, defective familial relationships will be replaced. Our earthly sons and daughters will become our brothers in heaven, which is better for everyone. We will love one another as sons of God.

Genders, as we understand them now on Earth, will be transformed and upgraded to the new Earth concept/reality after the resurrection.
I don't know if we'd enjoy life much if we were gender-less.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't know if we'd enjoy life much if we were gender-less.
If we were gender-less, I suppose pronouns would be an issue. Instead of being a "him," do I become a "they," and if I use the wrong pronoun, do I go to prison?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I dont go up to my mom and tell her “this relationship is defective and needs replaced! You’re not going to be my mom anymore!”

I simply dont see that as rational or supported by scripture. Now, Improving and perfecting that relationship, absolutely. Both she and I are very flawed individuals had have a very flawed relationship. But nothing is outside of God’s power to perfect.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender is an academic construct. Its only real-world use prior to the agendized use of the past decade was as a substitute word for sex in older television shows.

So no, no gender in heaven.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isnt everything on earth shadows of what is in heaven? Why would God do away with genders? That doesnt make sense to me. Men are very good in their own manly way. Women are very very good in their womanly way. Scripture says that we dont get married in heaven. So there wont be man/woman relationships like there is on earth. We will be living on a higher plane of existance that is above biological reproduction. God is the creator here and in heaven. That wont change, but can you imagine a world with all of the women and none of the drama?! Lol!

No scheming, no sneaking around, no lies. Just exceptionally beautiful women who want to help you and serve you. All the women in your new neighrohood will be Proverbs 31 Neighbors! Just radiating integrity and honesty and honor. Wow what a world that will be.

We wont even miss having sex with women. We'll be like, oh yeah that was when we were in the flesh and babies pretty much...They do say that the hardest part of being a spiritual being is the first 100 years.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reader,

"Conformed into the Image of Christ".

There is your "gender".

So what does that mean?

Look at this verse, for the update.

1 John 3.

""""we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he IS"..

"As HE IS".. = so shall we become.

What is that exactly.. ???????????????????????????????????????????????..

We know we get a "new body"....and we shall be "Like HE IS"...

See you there if you are born again...., as that is the only way we are going to know for certain, exactly what that means....

Reactions: friend of

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the question boil down to, "Will my resurrection body still have all the equipment I've grown fond of?"

I think a better question is, will there be bathrooms in heaven or will our spiritual bodys be 100% efficient so bathrooms are not needed?

??

I heard one testimony from a lady who was taken up in spirit and when she was there, an Angel gave her a robe to put on or something like that and she mentioned going into a changing room. She didnt call it a bathroom, just a changing room.

Reactions: Lambano

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering the same thing.

I've heard lots of different people describe many different things and buildings in heaven. The Library, a spare parts room, a treasure room, a house of tears where God keeps all our tears in bottles. Houses and all sorts of buildings...but no one has ever said they went to the bathroom in heaven.

Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Will there be genders in heaven?​

Transgender?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"genders" = Male and Female, are required on Earth, so that we can "reproduce the species".

Which is one more "Proof" that "Gay sex" "Gay Marriage" "Gay Adoption".... is unnatural...immoral.. and rejected by God.

AND........the born again Spirit, will get a "new Body" that is designed not to reproduce, but is specifically designed to contain the "New Creation in Christ"