Will we see famine before the rapture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Picture2.png

Noah's dad Lamech complained of a cursed ground... " And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed." - Genesis 5:29

Taking the timeline of the church in parallel with the generations of Adam there was a severe famine during the time Noah was born. I would imagine a time of famine during the time of the Black Horseman, which days I believe we now live in....

Picture1.png

So if Barrack Obama wins a second term I would imagine a period of famine within that second term... As the world sinks deeper into the mire of sin I would imagine some divine retribution for such deeds.

12.25 2060, Isaac Newton, Seven Churches, and High Oil Prices - YouTube

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
I live in a Rural farming area in Southern Illinois. This is the worst drought we have had in memory ; and the crops, corn and beans are gone; burned. I have access to farmers here, and talked with a major one at a birthday party recently, and I asked him about about his; hundreds and hundreds of acres. He told me that they will be plowed under, with a 100% payout from the insurance company; paid in full.

The deal with crop insurance is, that they determine the loss by a legal system where each acre is assessed a number, where production is accurately assessed by formula; highly complex, accurate and legal. With corn, the state sends people who actually count, per plant, the number of producing blossoms on each ear of corn, and then assesses a predicted outcome, and then the insurance is paid, either partially, or completely. He looked at me very soberly: "Food Prices are going up! Better stock up!"

The state proved that his farm could not produce ONE bushel of corn per Acre...not one, and the soy beans were similar. This year it is over for him, with 100% profit, as if it were the best of circumstances. I was thinking a few years ago, when record silo-busting yields were everywhere, "Is this the 7 years of plenty?"

24 states are under a National emergency concerning this drought; never so many. Could America experience Famine? The answer is obvious. No one will turn back to God...no one. I am not happy about it, but here we are..at the doorstep of the Great Tribulation, and all I hear is; "EAT, DRINK, AND BE MERRY!"....2 CHRONICLES 7:14.....IF! ..we, the church.........

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
CNN reports this is the worst drought.....since roughly 1956.

So this is the worst drought.....in roughly 56 years.

That means this has been seen before.

I don't think it is quite time yet to hit the panic button.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Droughts and crop failures are nothing new. Most farmers have crop insurance or savings accounts to see them through.

In my area we have great crops this year and the prices are rising .... so there are some blessings along with hardships .... depends where you live.

Farmers always neglect to mention the bountiful harvests they have had in years past. A couple of bad years and they act like the world is coming to an end.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 6:6 hints of high food and oil prices... Which may be result of a global famine... At least a minor one.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine. - Revelation 6:6

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It's already started; and in TWO methods of application, not just one:

Amos 8:9-13
9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:
10 And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.
(KJV)

Spiritual thirst, that is, for lack of understanding in God's Word.