Will You Stand With Me?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Here I Stand

... I am a volunteer and I am enlisted for eternity. I will either retire from this army at the Rapture or die in this army. But I will not get out, sell out, be talked out or pushed out. I am faithful, reliable, capable and dependable.

Here I stand
Will you stand with me?

As I stated in my post #4:

If you retire at "the rapture" you will be in deep trouble because there is NO rapture!

I disagree with at least a portion of your statement.

Massiah

Feb 12, 2010
To the OP... A powerful statement, so eloquently delivered... I'll stand with you!

Although this thread makes me feel like ive walked into a lawyers office block,
The question "Will you stand with me?" once the original post is read, becomes "Will you stand with me (with Jesus)?"
There is no need to qualify that you stand with Jesus - it's a given (You should be able to do this in a Christian forum, where the context is clear, without rebuttal).

Anyhoo, back off to skulk in the shadows again.

TheUnworthyServant

Jan 30, 2010
Florida
Sam: "I would think the elders should be taken into council and an approach developed if one hasn't been already."

Brother, what are you talking about? The statement of faith that started this thread has nothing to do with my church.

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
Sam: "I would think the elders should be taken into council and an approach developed if one hasn't been already."

Brother, what are you talking about? The statement of faith that started this thread has nothing to do with my church.

Servant: I have only a few observations I would like to address. You never mention praise as one of our weapons. Heb. 2 v. 12 " He says: I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing praises." Praise is very important in the life of the believer.

We become worthy when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. Rev. 5 v. 12: In a loud voice they sang: Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!

I have a heard time addressing a brother in Christ as "unworthy" when Jesus makes us worthy!

Your sister in Christ!

Moses

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
Brother; I was unsure to any exacts or particulars. So, I asked.:rolleyes:

You're right the elders and church must endorse and when there are more than one local church involved. Then advise from _________ would be in order.

I have a friend that's a very devout Christian and an Evangelists for 38 yrs and preaching for 42 I believe. He is setup as an Evalelistic Assoc with a number of local churches involved with board members from various local churches that handle all finances and such so that no money goes directly to him. He is paid a salary from offerings.

So, doing things in order as would be ordaned by local bodies of believers is the only way to go as perscribed by Christ's churches setup by the apostles. BTW; I am Baptist.

Yours; in Christ,

Sam

Nice to meet you Moses :D funny though; Sister, and Moses and Unworthy and the pot calling the kettle black.............. gotta love it.................:) Only fun intended.

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
Brother; I was unsure to any exacts or particulars. So, I asked.:rolleyes:

You're right the elders and church must endorse and when there are more than one local church involved. Then advise from _________ would be in order.

I have a friend that's a very devout Christian and an Evangelists for 38 yrs and preaching for 42 I believe. He is setup as an Evalelistic Assoc with a number of local churches involved with board members from various local churches that handle all finances and such so that no money goes directly to him. He is paid a salary from offerings.

So, doing things in order as would be ordaned by local bodies of believers is the only way to go as perscribed by Christ's churches setup by the apostles. BTW; I am Baptist.

Yours; in Christ,

Sam

Nice to meet you Moses :D funny though; Sister, and Moses and Unworthy and the pot calling the kettle black.............. gotta love it.................:) Only fun intended.

Besides Jesus, Moses is my favorite person in the Bible. I full expect when I arrive in heaven, after I've made the rounds, Moses will be waiting for me so we can become friends. I will probably his right hand "person." My other is the Shunamite woman. That's too long to use and I can't spell it. :)

Moses