Wisdom Wednesday of the Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ImperfectlyPerfectC

Nov 5, 2023
Naples, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OnPaste.20231108-090225.jpg
Good Morning!
Happy Wisdom Wednesday :)

Today's Text comes from the Book of 1 Samuel, Chapter 23, Verses 15 through 17.
(1 Samuel 23:15-17) NLT "One day near Horesh, David received the news that Saul was on the way to Ziph to search for him and kill him. Jonathan went to find David and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God. "Don't be afraid," Jonathan reassured him. "My father will never find you! You are going to be the King of Israel, and I will be next to you, as my father, Saul, is well aware."

Question? How can we imitate Jonathan from this text?

To prevent envy from taking root within us, we must try to see things as God sees them. We must understand that our brothers and sisters are members of the same body, which is, our congregations of fellowship. This will help us show empathy, in harmony with these words: "If one member is glorified, all the other members rejoice with him."

In the case of Jonathan, he didn't feel jealous when God chose not to pick him to be the next King of Israel. What is more, he showed his total support to David. On the contrary, Jonathan showed David love and kindness and gave him encouragement and support.

Thus, instead of feeling jealous, we will be glad that others receive blessings. So, if someone receives a blessing or privilege, we shall strive to not feel envy or jealousy. It will be more difficult for us to feel jealous if we cultivate love and kindness in our hearts. The Bible reminds us that love is long-suffering, kind, and not jealous. This world teaches us that we must be first in everything. The Bible teaches us to be second because that is what pleases God, humbleness.

Amen! Have a Blessed One! :innocent::praying:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 37856
Good Morning!
Happy Wisdom Wednesday :)

Today's Text comes from the Book of 1 Samuel, Chapter 23, Verses 15 through 17.
(1 Samuel 23:15-17) NLT "One day near Horesh, David received the news that Saul was on the way to Ziph to search for him and kill him. Jonathan went to find David and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God. "Don't be afraid," Jonathan reassured him. "My father will never find you! You are going to be the King of Israel, and I will be next to you, as my father, Saul, is well aware."

Question? How can we imitate Jonathan from this text?

To prevent envy from taking root within us, we must try to see things as God sees them. We must understand that our brothers and sisters are members of the same body, which is, our congregations of fellowship. This will help us show empathy, in harmony with these words: "If one member is glorified, all the other members rejoice with him."

In the case of Jonathan, he didn't feel jealous when God chose not to pick him to be the next King of Israel. What is more, he showed his total support to David. On the contrary, Jonathan showed David love and kindness and gave him encouragement and support.

Thus, instead of feeling jealous, we will be glad that others receive blessings. So, if someone receives a blessing or privilege, we shall strive to not feel envy or jealousy. It will be more difficult for us to feel jealous if we cultivate love and kindness in our hearts. The Bible reminds us that love is long-suffering, kind, and not jealous. This world teaches us that we must be first in everything. The Bible teaches us to be second because that is what pleases God, humbleness.

Amen! Have a Blessed One! :innocent::praying:
Good reminder of what it is to laugh, cry, and rejoice with our brothers and sister in Christ! If one is in need, the body must help, encourage, edify and love our family of God.
Welcome to the site @ImperfectlyPerfectC , I hope you will like it here.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TAKEHEED THURSDAY .
i am gonna do something and i want us all to ponder on this and do feel free to ask questions .
LIBERTY liberty
LOVE love
FREEDOM freedom
JESUS jesus
UNITY unity
GOD god .
You might be asking yourselves what on earth does this man mean by this .
ONLY THIS . SATAN can use words too . only look out for the direction he will lead one .
GOSPEL gospel
OH YES satan can even say GOD IS LOVE and yet beware the love he bringeth . for it will honor other paths and sins .
while speaking part truths about DOING GOOD , feeding the poor .
Satan is a deciever . Let us learn that bible well . Now on that note , LET ALL THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .