Worship!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worship requires intent!

1. Worship

Adoration: rev 7-12
    Propitiatory reparation: Jn 1:29 rom 3:25
    1 Jn 2:2 1 Jn 4:10
    Thanksgiving: Phil 4:6
    Petition: Phil 4:6

Spirit and truth:

John 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Lamb of God:

John 1:29
    The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 cor 5:7 …For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Christ is Eternal priest:

Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Christ is High priest:

Heb 7:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Low priests / priesthood:

There must be low priests in the same order for a high priest to be over them. And the word in scripture “priesthood” is plural.

The holy sacrifice of Christ:

Holy sacrifice of Christ is offered eternally, the office of a priest is to offer sacrifice, Christ is eternal priest so He offers an eternal sacrifice! Both by the high priest and the low priesthood.

once for all:

once bloody on the cross and for all time unbloody sacrifice, pure offering or clean oblation.

Jesus Christ at the last supper ordained the apostles as priests in the order of melchisedec, to offer His eternal sacrifice as he commanded them; do this in memory of me.

Do this in remembrance of me!

Luke 22:19
    And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:24
    And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:25
    After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

A pure offering:
    A Clean oblation:
    An Unbloody sacrifice:

New covenant Temple: the body of Christ! Jn 2:19
    Ark of the new covenant: Lk 1:35
    New covenant Sacrifice of Christ:
    Acts 20:28 Eph 2:13 heb 9
    heb 10:19
    Priesthood of Christ: heb 7:17

2. Protestant so called worship is only a little teaching with a pure emotional praise experience!

a priest offering sacrifice is required for true worship in spirit and truth!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Worship requires intent!

1. Worship

Adoration: rev 7-12
    Propitiatory reparation: Jn 1:29 rom 3:25
    1 Jn 2:2 1 Jn 4:10
    Thanksgiving: Phil 4:6
    Petition: Phil 4:6

Spirit and truth:

John 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Lamb of God:

John 1:29
    The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 cor 5:7 …For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Christ is Eternal priest:

Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Christ is High priest:

Heb 7:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Low priests / priesthood:

There must be low priests in the same order for a high priest to be over them. And the word in scripture “priesthood” is plural.

The holy sacrifice of Christ:

Holy sacrifice of Christ is offered eternally, the office of a priest is to offer sacrifice, Christ is eternal priest so He offers an eternal sacrifice! Both by the high priest and the low priesthood.

once for all:

once bloody on the cross and for all time unbloody sacrifice, pure offering or clean oblation.

Jesus Christ at the last supper ordained the apostles as priests in the order of melchisedec, to offer His eternal sacrifice as he commanded them; do this in memory of me.

Do this in remembrance of me!

Luke 22:19
    And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:24
    And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:25
    After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

A pure offering:
    A Clean oblation:
    An Unbloody sacrifice:

New covenant Temple: the body of Christ! Jn 2:19
    Ark of the new covenant: Lk 1:35
    New covenant Sacrifice of Christ:
    Acts 20:28 Eph 2:13 heb 9
    heb 10:19
    Priesthood of Christ: heb 7:17

2. Protestant so called worship is only a little teaching with a pure emotional praise experience!

a priest offering sacrifice is required for true worship in spirit and truth!

Being myself neither Catholic nor Protestant, this looks to me - as an outsider - like a hit piece on Protestants; strictly a trinitarian vs trinitarian affair.

I don’t know if that was your intention or not, and it may not be what it looks like to me.

My question is simply this: what do you hope to achieve with it?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being myself neither Catholic nor Protestant, this looks to me - as an outsider - like a hit piece on Protestants; strictly a trinitarian vs trinitarian affair.

I don’t know if that was your intention or not, and it may not be what it looks like to me.

My question is simply this: what do you hope to achieve with it?

jude 1:3

do you follow any of the ancient Christian practices?

Example: the sign is of the cross?

it was the miraculous sign that f the cross that converted Constantine and conquered the pagan Roman Empire

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
jude 1:3

do you follow any of the ancient Christian practices?

Example: the sign is of the cross?

it was the miraculous sign that f the cross that converted Constantine and conquered the pagan Roman Empire

I’m familiar with Constantine’s story. He wasn’t a Jewish monotheist.

I’m neither Catholic nor Protestant, and I’m still uncertain what you hope to accomplish in this thread.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You deny Protestants have it? Supposing that they take the time to read your presentation, is it your hope that they will repent and convert?

The kingdom is at hand repent and believe the gospel

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
we are not called to be successful only faithful

You punched the Protestants in the gut and then commanded them to repent. That’s consistent with the style of the Inquisition, and even with the style of some Protestants, but verbal blows don’t have the same effect as physical blows.

You’re faithful to Catholicism but your historical approach to Protestants (and others) won’t be successful.

I’m fine with your lack of success but you shouldn’t be. There’s a better way.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You punched the Protestants in the gut and then commanded them to repent. That’s consistent with the style of the Inquisition, and even with the style of some Protestants, but verbal blows don’t have the same effect as physical blows.

You’re faithful to Catholicism but your historical approach to Protestants (and others) won’t be successful.

I’m fine with your lack of success but you shouldn’t be. There’s a better way.

please read my post in the end times / prophecy forum entitled the 7 ages of the church
Hope it helps
I have a daily attraction to saint Margret of Antioch for some reason I have been asking her intercession

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
please read my post in the end times / prophecy forum entitled the 7 ages of the church
Hope it helps

I’ll monitor it for a while. I haven’t run across many Protestants at this level of conversation who’ve shown an interest in, or had much more than a surface knowledge of, Church history. Those whom I have were firmly entrenched against Catholicism.

I have a daily attraction to saint Margret of Antioch for some reason I have been asking her intercession

I’m aware that she’s invoked for, among other things, deliverance from demonic possession. The typical Protestant isn’t aware of that. I’d keep it on the down low if I were you.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
example the sign of the cross?

I don’t make the sign of the cross when I pray. There’s no record preserved in scripture of Jesus making the sign of the cross when he prayed.

It should go without saying that men pray to God; God doesn’t pray to men.