Would you breed your dog, have 8 puppies, keep 2 and then dump the rest in the middle of nowhere?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you believe that "eternal" is the wrong word?
Aionios has variable meanings. When applied to God, His domain, our Salvation, it means eternal. Of course concerning our salvation it means forward into eternity.
But when applied to this world and everything in it which is temporal, including Hades, death, Satan and his demons, aionios means ages, lifetimes, generations, epoch. They will all be thrown into the Lake of Fire (hell) and be destroyed (which literally means to put an end to, annihilated). This event _ I believe _ happens after the Millennial Kingdom. (2 Peter 3:10) All former things created will pass away.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Aionios has variable meanings. When applied to God, His domain, our Salvation, it means eternal. Of course concerning our salvation it means forward into eternity.
But when applied to this world and everything in it which is temporal, including Hades, death, Satan and his demons, aionios means ages, lifetimes, generations, epoch. They will all be thrown into the Lake of Fire (hell) and be destroyed (which literally means to put an end to, annihilated). This event _ I believe _ happens after the Millennial Kingdom. (2 Peter 3:10) All former things created will pass away.

I suppose that's where our beliefs differ. I believe that ALL mankind will be with God in the end.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(2 Peter 3:10) All former things created will pass away.
From what translation did you get this please?

2 Peter 3:10

English Standard Version

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies[a] will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that's where our beliefs differ. I believe that ALL mankind will be with God in the end.
Imagine if Christianity actually taught that? There would be no need to spread the Gospel and everyone could choose to live anyway they wanted with or without a relationship with God. The Bible would be very short ... "Just try to be as good as you can ... but don't fret, everyone gets in."
Would we even voter to seek God, go to church. One might flipantly say "Well ... I got time to get to know him in the afterlife ... but for now, me's gonna have fun and be naughty!"
Reconciliation takes two to have a relationship. God asks, if they don't want one, then there is no reconciliation.
When there is no judgment or justice served, how can there be righteousness?
The wages of sin is death! What do think death is, some empty threat?