Would You Date a Woke Woman? One Feminist Demands that You Do!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingdomInCulture

Jan 28, 2020
Iowa City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
British actor, Laurence Fox has recently stated that he does not date "woke" women and at least one feminist is so offended that she wants Fox de-platformed for committing the crime of refusing to date her. So do you agree that woke women are off-limits, and do you believe in dating across the political aisle?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know what the term meant so I read a couple of articles on the slang term. And... I still don't know. Best I can figure out is that they are liberal feminists who want to bitterly complain about every social evil under the Sun and demand people listen, because they're "woke".

Now, upon listening to them, if you disagree, it must be because you are racist, sexist, against poor people, are intimidated by intelligent women and if none of this applies, you are a male shovenist in some way.

Again, this is the best that I can come up with. If this is in correct, please... Let me know.

As for the questions, I saw nothing directly related to political alliance other than a hatred for Trump. It's pretty obvious that we are talking about hardcore liberal democrats.

Well, I am married, but otherwise, I would not ask such a woman on a date and i(knowing they are this type of woman, I would not accept their invitation either. I will not be lectured to about all the evils men bring over a vegan meal! (This was a direct quote from one of the articles I read).

Would I date across the political isle? Probably not but I wont say no. I did in college and then once after college. At this stage in my life it probably wouldn't work out... Though I would be open to it. (Again, I am happily married).

I wouldn't get serious outside my religious views though.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dating across the political aisle is generally not a good idea, but it CAN work. In fact, my father was a Republican who was married to a staunch Democrat. Her brother was even in the Democratic House of Representatives.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched the video and I am still unsure exactly what "woke" means. I was thinking I was getting an idea of what it was but then he mentioned that there were also "woke" men but in lesser numbers and that completely confused the issue for me. Am I really missing out on some important information here? In any case, like @FHII I am happily married and along with being 76 yrs old, I have no dating plans at all.

Reactions: Taken and Base12

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, last time I got involved with a woke women she came out as a lesbian after 17 years of marriage so this liberal is going to pass....

However, I wouldn’t date a hillbilly, slack-jawed yokel either and I am sure I could find a YouTube video of a toothless, ever-Trumpster shopping at Walmart with her gut exploding out of her stretch pants if I wanted to stir the pot.

Reactions: Helen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just watched the video myself... Gee.. why didn't I do that before? But no, still have no idea what a woke woman is if is not simply a feminist liberal.

Id date a real feminist who believes if she works she should earn equal pay. She should get equal status as a citizen. She should not be denied a job because of her sex (I have, by the way... I have been denied because of my sex and race), or at least it looks that way in the age of affirmative action).

But ladies... There is something to be said about the job of a wife. A woman who raised children and is the care taker of the home.

Why haven't feminist embraced that?

KingdomInCulture

Jan 28, 2020
Iowa City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just watched the video myself... Gee.. why didn't I do that before? But no, still have no idea what a woke woman is if is not simply a feminist liberal.

Id date a real feminist who believes if she works she should earn equal pay. She should get equal status as a citizen. She should not be denied a job because of her sex (I have, by the way... I have been denied because of my sex and race), or at least it looks that way in the age of affirmative action).

But ladies... There is something to be said about the job of a wife. A woman who raised children and is the care taker of the home.

Basically a woke individual is a feminist, radical leftist individual. I also made another video specifically on three of the main beliefs of individuals who are woke, although I didn't actually use the word "woke" in the video:

Forgive me for use of the term, but I did not invent it. Woke people invented it. It is very loosely defined, so there probably is a lot of disagreement on the term. It is also both a culture and an ideology that is most prevalent in modern intersectional feminism.

Reactions: amadeus and FHII

KingdomInCulture

Jan 28, 2020
Iowa City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dating across the political aisle is generally not a good idea, but it CAN work. In fact, my father was a Republican who was married to a staunch Democrat. Her brother was even in the Democratic House of Representatives.
Yes, it can work, but not generally. If I were to advise someone, I would definitely recommend against it. Just because the lottery worked for someone doesn't mean I would recommend it as a retirement strategy. Although, to be fair, making a relationship work with political differences is certainly more likely than the lottery.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are over identified with your political opinion, it will not work

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So do you agree that woke women are off-limits
They have put themselves off-limits by choosing to be DERANGED. Why would any sane person date one who is deranged? Have you heard of Trump Derangement Syndrome? It is synonymous with *woke*.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Id date a real feminist who believes if she works she should earn equal pay.
That would NOT be a real feminist. A real feminist would make sure that you understand your *toxic masculinity*, and then she would do something about it (which would be rather unpleasant).

Reactions: Willie T

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
British actor, Laurence Fox has recently stated that he does not date "woke" women and at least one feminist is so offended that she wants Fox de-platformed for committing the crime of refusing to date her. So do you agree that woke women are off-limits, and do you believe in dating across the political aisle?

Hard to date someone who is asleep.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@amadeus

Woke (/ˈwoʊk/) as a political term of African-American origin refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It is derived from the African-American Vernacular English expression "stay woke", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues. Wikipedia.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

Woke (/ˈwoʊk/) as a political term of African-American origin refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It is derived from the African-American Vernacular English expression "stay woke", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues. Wikipedia.
Thank you! I guess I could have searched for such an answer myself, but knowing the meaning of the term won't change what is. I have for as long as I can remember favored equal pay for equal work and really equal opportunity. These may be good things, but more important is the heart of a person changed or being changed his faith in God. Most people don't really understand that the primary trouble with this country and this world is the dependence on self and the efforts of men instead of faith in God.

Reactions: Taken