Would You Have Worshipped God Almighty If There Was No Hell Or Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Bottom line truth.
fivesense

yes it certainly is.

Im a parent and I would like to know that my children will not simply leave the nest and never have another thought of me or how I raised them. Hopefully I will only ever 'imagine' how painful that would be to be treated that way... I treated God that way when I was younger because I never knew him. Now that I know him I will do my utmost to acknowledge him every day as I rightly should.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I dont believe hell is the place that its made out to be and yet I still worship God.

I also don't believe i'll be going to heaven and yet I still worship God.

HELL is worse than its made out to be.

Without stating particulars I can say with all truth and confidence that I've been to the edge of it and looked into the situation.
Have you ever had a memory of an event that was troubling to even remember? Some dumb thing you did or some painful event you lived through?
My experience of hell was so terrifying that I have absolutely no desire to even touch the memory of it again.
It was that bad....

Few have the slightest notion of what awaits and only fools mock the warnings which have been passed down across the ages.
I fall to my kness and thank God that He has saved me.
It was His doing and none of my own.
I know that I was too much of a fool myself to do it.

Do anything required of you to avoid it.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI

Without stating particulars I can say with all truth and confidence that I've been to the edge of it and looked into the situation.
Have you ever had a memory of an event that was troubling to even remember? Some dumb thing you did or some painful event you lived through?
My experience of hell was so terrifying that I have absolutely no desire to even touch the memory of it again.
It was that bad....

Few have the slightest notion of what awaits and only fools mock the warnings which have been passed down across the ages.
I fall to my kness and thank God that He has saved me.
It was His doing and none of my own.
I know that I was too much of a fool myself to do it.

Do anything required of you to avoid it.

I exalt my God and your God at your testimony of thankfulness. Your reliance on God to save you out of despair and death is to His acclaim only. Thank you rjp, for pointing us to the only hope we all share in humble realization of who we truly are.

fivesense

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is a bit unsettling to folks, when I tell them I never "accepted the Lord" or "asked Jesus into my heart". It wasn't that way for me. He boxed me in, cornered me like a rat, and took away all my options. He let me live my life the way I wanted to, and then came after me. Subtley, quietly, especially during dark periods and episodes, I would sense His presence. It got to be that I knew He knew me so well that, like a dog, I rolled over on my back, submitting to His hand, realizing I wasn't fooling Him at all and resistance was futile.

When the Holy One reveals Himself in a person, it is life-changing and indescribeable. Eyes are opened, ears begin to hear, and hungar takes on a new meaning. It's like being a new creation. In fact, that is what is precisely what it is according to Paul, the old passed by, behold the new.

Thank you rjp for post.

fivesense

I fled Him down the nights and down the days
I fled Him down the arches of the years
I fled Him down the labyrinthine ways
Of my own mind, and in the midst of tears
I hid from him.....

The Hound of Heaven
-Francis Thompson