Would You Have Worshipped God Almighty If There Was No Hell Or Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Umm... There is soon to be no Heaven or Heal. The Heavens will be rolled up and Melted. (Isa) and Hell gets tossed in the Lake of fire. I will still Worship God though.

What a strange Question.

Jesus Is Lord

gumby

May 29, 2009
The answer to that is yes, you see the true fact if the matter is my freind is that heaven is a place defined with god. You might say im in heaven as we speak because god is moving through me and is within me through the holy spirit. Hell is just to opposite i beleive that people that dont know christ are already burning inside spiritually with fire and brimstone. There spirit goes through so much agony without christ i beleive they are already in hell. Try to look at things that way. Heaven is wherever god is and hell is wherever satan is and within the hearts of the people who are stuborn.

Hope i have rationalized things for you a bit, god bless you :)

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
After looking at the Question again. Could the Question be that we server God our of fear of death??

Or like the Muslim, We serve God for all the goodies we hope to get in the end??

Truly Jesus Prayed Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, and all things are ours now, and in the life to come. Jesus defeated Death, and no enemy will be left, so not out of fear of hell, but because God first loved us, then we Him.

If there be no heaven or Hell, Only a fool would not love and serve God. I mean you want to get as close to the one that made everything anyway..... Least I assume you would, then again, looking at the World, Maybe not.

I think that might have been the Question. could be wrong though.... :rolleyes:

Jesus Is Lord

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
my belief in heaven and hell (even god for that matter) is based solely on faith. one goes with the other.

if i believed that there was no heaven or hell, neither would i believe in god

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The answer to that is yes, you see the true fact if the matter is my freind is that heaven is a place defined with god. You might say im in heaven as we speak because god is moving through me and is within me through the holy spirit. Hell is just to opposite i beleive that people that dont know christ are already burning inside spiritually with fire and brimstone. There spirit goes through so much agony without christ i beleive they are already in hell. Try to look at things that way. Heaven is wherever god is and hell is wherever satan is and within the hearts of the people who are stuborn.

Hope i have rationalized things for you a bit, god bless you :)

So don't you believe that God is omnipresent?

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
For a Christian, it doesn't matter if there is a heaven or hell. God is enough and His Spirit bears witness to our own which causes us to praise and worship Him. We love Him because He first loved us. Heaven and hell doesn't change the results of the fruitfulness of a Christian or their growing in holiness...but it does fill our hearts with delight to know that there will be one day, such a time, when we will be in complete and perfect fellowship with the Father and all the saints forever and ever. I know that even if there was no promise of eternal life...I would still have love and reverence towards God.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Of course God is omnipresent, he can be anywhere and evrywhere he chooses to be or anywhere and evrywhere he doesnt choose to be.

But that's not what omnipresent means Gumby. Omnipresent means present in all places at all times. Now this doesn't mean that because God is omnipresent that He doesn't hide Himself from us at times or that we will always recognize His presence but neither mean that God is not present.

Hell is just to opposite i beleive that people that dont know christ are already burning inside spiritually with fire and brimstone. There spirit goes through so much agony without christ i beleive they are already in hell.

If I understand you properly here, hell is not a physical place. Do you believe that those who are "already burning inside" and "already in hell" have the hope of reconciliation?

Try to look at things that way. Heaven is wherever god is and hell is wherever satan is and within the hearts of the people who are stuborn.

[font="tahoma][size="3"]In the terms you define heaven and hell here, do you believe that satan can enter heaven?[/size][/font]

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
[font="tahoma][size="2"]
[/size][/font]

If I understand you properly here, hell is not a physical place. Do you believe that those who are "already burning inside" and "already in hell" have the hope of reconciliation?

In the terms you define heaven and hell here, do you believe that satan can enter heaven?

jiggyfly, I feel the same confusion that is festering here in this issue.
I am always impressed when the saints use philiosophy in place of the truth. It's like taking a road trip to nowhere, realizing you must go home at some point. Is it a waste of time? Probably not. Much is seen and heard on a road trip, and, though not necessarily recognized at the moment, could impact you later. Just take it all in, I guess.

God has spoken. He has recorded what He wants to be known of His sacred things. It is a small thing to some to add to the Word of God, and not flinch. But there are those who, by the grace of God, are moving into their new humanity by renewing their minds and becoming transformed here and now. The accurate and faithfull embrace of the Holy Writings is the only path in that direction.

God did not create the universe out of "nothing". That is not what He said. He said that everything came out of Himself. This is the word of God.

All is out of God, or, all is out of nothingness

One is the truth and one is not.

For in Him we live, and move, and have our being.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]
[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]
[/size][/font]

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I struggled with this same question about a year and a half ago.

Christina, Jordan and I were debating whether there was a hell where we burn forever or not. This same question popped into my mind. I thought about it, and prayed about it. When I asked God about it he said I already know the answer.

God possed another question and I imagined being in the new Jeruselem. Jesus was on His throne. God asked me if Jesus was thirsty if I would give him water or not. Would I give him water to drink if there were no consequences if I did or didn't? My answer was yes.

Then I was reminded of all the good things in my life and I was thankful for them. All the things God did for me and as ungrateful as I usually am, I was thankfull at that moment.

So, I thought about my friends and the loyalty I have for them and that they have for me. Not a single one of them ever did anything for me greater than God. But, they've been good friends and I'm loyal,, in return I consider myself a good friend, and they're loyal because of that. Although there's been many times where I wasn't such a good friend and it was overlooked every single time. I don't deserve their friendship, yet I have it.

Bringing right down to Loyalty is all where it lies with me now. Jesus has been a good friend despite me not deserving it. There was a time where I guess I just believed so I wouldn't go to hell, and to tell the truth fear of hell still pangs from time to time.

So for me,, all in all the big picture is, I don't care if there's a heaven or hell or not. I live right now, and Jesus does good things for me and wants the best for every single person.

If I were going to hell anyway would I still feel the same way? I guess so,, how many of us do things that we know are damnedable yet continue because we're enjoying our lives?

Beautiful and poetic we are promised eternal life, and are promised that the good things from God don't stop with this world.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
[/color]
[/color][/size]
[/font]jiggyfly, I feel the same confusion that is festering here in this issue.
I am always impressed when the saints use philiosophy in place of the truth. It's like taking a road trip to nowhere, realizing you must go home at some point. Is it a waste of time? Probably not. Much is seen and heard on a road trip, and, though not necessarily recognized at the moment, could impact you later. Just take it all in, I guess.

God has spoken. He has recorded what He wants to be known of His sacred things. It is a small thing to some to add to the Word of God, and not flinch. But there are those who, by the grace of God, are moving into their new humanity by renewing their minds and becoming transformed here and now. The accurate and faithfull embrace of the Holy Writings is the only path in that direction.

God did not create the universe out of "nothing". That is not what He said. He said that everything came out of Himself. This is the word of God.

All is out of God, or, all is out of nothingness

One is the truth and one is not.
For in Him we live, and move, and have our being.
[font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma] [/font]

Yes, revelation comes by HolySpirit and some of the scriptures have been misinterpreted, mistranslated, misunderstood so much for so long that the simplicity of the Gospel, which is Christ seems to be very complicated. The result is religious paradigms and bondage rather than the freedom that comes from Truth revealed.

Phil. 3:8 Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ

1Cor.1:30 God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself. He is the one who made us acceptable to God. He made us pure and holy, and he gave himself to purchase our freedom.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
I struggled with this same question about a year and a half ago.

So for me,, all in all the big picture is, I don't care if there's a heaven or hell or not. I live right now, and Jesus does good things for me and wants the best for every single person.

If I were going to hell anyway would I still feel the same way? I guess so,, how many of us do things that we know are damnedable yet continue because we're enjoying our lives?

Beautiful and poetic we are promised eternal life, and are promised that the good things from God don't stop with this world.

Whiteknuckle, I thank you for taking the time to share this. Having complete trust in God, no matter the situation, is extremely valuable. There is no price to buy from you what others can only hope to obtain, a realization of God.
fivesense

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
It was neither the threat of punishment nor the promise of reward that drew me to Christ.

It was Christ Himself.

It is a bit unsettling to folks, when I tell them I never "accepted the Lord" or "asked Jesus into my heart". It wasn't that way for me. He boxed me in, cornered me like a rat, and took away all my options. He let me live my life the way I wanted to, and then came after me. Subtley, quietly, especially during dark periods and episodes, I would sense His presence. It got to be that I knew He knew me so well that, like a dog, I rolled over on my back, submitting to His hand, realizing I wasn't fooling Him at all and resistance was futile.

When the Holy One reveals Himself in a person, it is life-changing and indescribeable. Eyes are opened, ears begin to hear, and hungar takes on a new meaning. It's like being a new creation. In fact, that is what is precisely what it is according to Paul, the old passed by, behold the new.

Thank you rjp for post.

fivesense

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a bit unsettling to folks, when I tell them I never "accepted the Lord" or "asked Jesus into my heart". It wasn't that way for me. He boxed me in, cornered me like a rat, and took away all my options. He let me live my life the way I wanted to, and then came after me. Subtley, quietly, especially during dark periods and episodes, I would sense His presence. It got to be that I knew He knew me so well that, like a dog, I rolled over on my back, submitting to His hand, realizing I wasn't fooling Him at all and resistance was futile.

When the Holy One reveals Himself in a person, it is life-changing and indescribeable. Eyes are opened, ears begin to hear, and hungar takes on a new meaning. It's like being a new creation. In fact, that is what is precisely what it is according to Paul, the old passed by, behold the new.

Thank you rjp for post.

fivesense

So are you saying you never RePenTed of your sins as in

RE - Recognize you are a sinner
PEN - Approached Him with a Penitent heart
TAN- Had a Tangible change of attitude and of mind from sin to God
CE - Ceased all sin and unrighteousness

and then accepted the Gift of God who is Christ our saviour into your heart as in "Opening the door to let Him in" ????

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
So are you saying you never RePenTed of your sins as in

RE - Recognize you are a sinner
PEN - Approached Him with a Penitent heart
TAN- Had a Tangible change of attitude and of mind from sin to God
CE - Ceased all sin and unrighteousness

and then accepted the Gift of God who is Christ our saviour into your heart as in "Opening the door to let Him in" ????

Nice breakdown of the formula. I have never seen that one before.
My testimony is quite similar to that of Saul of Tarsus. I was not seeking God, nor had I ever heard the Gospel.
But, considering what Paul said about the elect of God and how He does things and not men, it was not unusual.

1Ti 1:15-16 This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul is the heavenly pattern that I subscribe to, and his conversion to the faith is the same process I endured. It is the pattern that all who are elect and called should have experienced. If not, then his saying this is trivial and uninspired, and the One Who subjects is not the Subjector but merely a spectator in the affairs of men. I cannot accept that.

The faith of Christ, resident in me, came from above from the Father and His Son. I did nothing to obtain it, it is a gift. I made no promises, did no repenting, and my ceasing from sin is the result of the Holy Spirit and Christ in me. I can do nothing of myself. It is Christ who lives in me, I no longer live. I am crucified with Christ and reckon myself dead unto sin. The evil that I do is of the flesh, and the obedience to faith operating in me, and the ability to resist comes from outside my own will. It is God Who is both willing and doing of His good pleasure.

Phl 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

I have neither the desire nor the inclination to give up this privilege from on High. I exercise it daily. I die, He lives, I become conformed. My life is gone, and it is no longer I who lives, but Christ Who lives in me.

This is truth for all who are the called and the chosen and the elect of God in Christ Jesus.

fivesense

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Would you have worshipped GOD ALMIGHTY if there was no hell or Heaven?

I dont believe hell is the place that its made out to be and yet I still worship God.

I also don't believe i'll be going to heaven and yet I still worship God.

For me it comes down to who has the right to rule. This is Gods earth and we are his creation and therefore it is his right to receive our praise.

Reactions: truthquest

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
I dont believe hell is the place that its made out to be and yet I still worship God.

I also don't believe i'll be going to heaven and yet I still worship God.

For me it comes down to who has the right to rule. This is Gods earth and we are his creation and therefore it is his right to receive our praise.

Bottom line truth.
fivesense