Wow, I am sooooo right (from my perspective)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Perspective

by

Justin Mangonel

Tabernacle Theology Series

One of the greatest needs in Christianity today is the need for perspective. Many individuals, churches, and even whole denominations could be likened to a person viewing a gigantic, yet intricate painting from six inches away. From their viewpoint they understand what they see very well. Yet, they cannot see or understand clearly those aspects of the painting that lie at the limits of their sight or completely beyond their vision. Next, picture many individuals looking at the same painting, but from different points of view. Each understands what they see very well, but from their vantage point they cannot see or fully understand what lies beyond their immediate field of vision.

When these people discuss how each sees the painting they relate unique viewpoints that, to varying degrees, seem different from the others depending on how far apart they stand. Each person is certain that what they see is correct and when it does not agree with another they say to that person, "You are in error." The person accused of error retorts, "I am not wrong, I know what I see is correct and it is you that is in error!". Everyone is sure that what they see is correct that after a while they just stop talking with those of different viewpoints and only speak with those who are looking at the painting near them and generally agree with their perception.

I believe that if we could all step back a good number of paces and let the Spirit of Truth give us His perspective, much of the confusion that prevails in Christ's body would vanish. Just like this painting, God's word is vast and intricate. It must be viewed from the perspective of the artist who painted it. If we ask the Holy Spirit to elevate our understanding and point of view to that of His own we may begin to see how all this really does fit together. We may all find that our different perspectives need to be modified to different degrees as we see the big picture for what it truly is.

It is written,

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;"

Ephesians 4:1-4

I believe that it is the unity of the Spirit that will bring about the unity of the faith,

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:"

Ephesians 4:13

The unity of the Spirit will come about through the shared spiritual experience of Tabernacles. As we become one with God through the Holy Spirit we will naturally take on His perspective and come into agreement with one another.

In conclusion, we live in an age full of the knowledge of God, but what we need now is His perspective to correctly understand what we know. If we will but trust our heavenly Father to help us step back and look at the scripture from His point of view many of the schisms that currently divide us will simply disappear.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I disagree. Many Christians I run into simply don't believe the God they believe in. That isn't spiritual myopia, that's spiritual malnutrition.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Well...that presupposes that they would see right if they were well fed. I don't believe that to be the case. Teaching is actually killing the church rather than helping it.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Christian leaders think that they are helping the people by teaching them. What they are actually doing, many times, is spiritually killing them. Filling them with the knowledge of good.