Writers on Strike-A tragedy or blessing in disguise?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

zuessmatthews

Nov 3, 2007
The material on TV has become trashier over the years. Now that all the writers are all together in one place (where that place is I dont know) People who have the means and the free time should go up to them and tell them what they really think of what they are putting on our television sets. I wouldn't mind hearing about certain shows being discontinued. As a matter of fact I'm going to write to the networks and suggest they not cave in to these greedy writers, I will tell them I love watching reruns especially I love lucy and Carrol Burnnet. (the longer this strike goes on the better)

JUSTMEE

Oct 30, 2007
Sigh, I tend to agree with you that television has only gotten worse over the years. I still can't believe some things that are allowed during "family hour". But I sympathize with the writers to a point. They only want what they deserve. They are not getting the revenue that is rightfully theirs due to downloads and reruns. Not all the writers are wordly.I didn't think about writing the networks to voice my opinions. THAT is a great idea. They need to hear that not everyone likes the filth that goes on day & night. I'm thinking I'll do that as well.

Carissa001

Nov 15, 2007
I agree. We have real strict rules at place in home because of the way television is. I find it hard to visit non christian school friends homes and have to explain I can not watch the things their parents allow them to see or listen too.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
The minds of the writers are getting trashier all the time. That trash is spilling out into TV. I started watching a new show called Shield. Right off the bat the main character used God's name in vain, and I switched to another channel. There are so many shows using God's name in vain (plus the constant use of SOB) that it's getting more and more difficult to find anything worth watching. Don Johnson has always used the SOB phrase heavily. I bought some DVD's at Walmart for $1 each. Some of them weren't worth that. I threw one away without watching it when someone used God's name in vain. I'm sure we're not too far from hearing the F word on TV (or worse yet the MF phrase), if it hasn't already been used. Sorry if I'm putting any thoughts in anyone's mind. I certainly won't write the words. Using the letters is bad enough in my opinion. I haven't used that immature language since I was 16 when I outgrew the need for it. I don't consider it "adult language". An educated adult shouldn't need that kind of immature language to fill in where they lack.

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
This is why I watch things like the Food Network and Myth Busters. I have a bunch of dvds, books and videogames with which to have fun with as well. So, while I do agree with the writer's point (more so because I actually like to write myself) the strike doesn't really affect me that much.

JESUS4EVER

Dec 3, 2007
well i like good family movies with old fashioned values. i wish these other movies were never made or released.