Writing my first Christian Metal EP

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Analyzed Within

Jul 13, 2012
Hello everyone! It's good to be in the midst of Christians. My name is Brandon, and I would like to tell you about an EP I am writing. In case you don't know what an EP is, basically it is a mini-album. It's not big enough to be called a full length album.

I call myself "Analyzed Within." There is a great significance and parallel to this name. I wanted to create an artist name that described me, and be original as possible. I over-analyze most everything. I over-think jokes a lot. So all information that enters inside of me is analyzed within. Additionally, there is a parallel. As a believer in Christ Jesus, His Holy Spirit lives inside of me. I am analyzed within, for He is always watching me. ;)

My style I write is mostly Metal. I have never actually put together any kind of album. I have tried writing a few songs here and there. Now I am making the commitment to release a free EP. I will place the EP on Bandcamp.com, giving you the option to purchase if you wish, or just enter $0 to download for free. I don't have any lyrics right now. I am not skilled, nor do I have the equipment, to record vocals. I like some screaming, or growling, but I mostly enjoy the singing part. I am a melodic person. I don't know how well I will be melodic if it remains instrumental. It depends, I suppose, if I find a vocalist or not. No lyrics have been written.

You can sample my music I put up on my official Facebook fan page. Please like the page if you appreciate my work and/or my vision, explained in a moment, and write on my wall saying you found me through this site. My most recent sample (as of now) is the song "Our Hope Is Here." I am basing the EP on the End Times. My vision is to tell others about Christ. I want to blaze a trail if I have to. If I write lyrics they will not be vague, as so many bands have these days. I want you to know, without much doubt, that I am speaking of Jesus. And, if my songs remain instrumental, they will be driven by God with Christian-influenced titles. On my EP I want to have at least 5 tracks.

Are you a genre fanatic? Maybe you can help identify what category my music fits into (from what you hear through my samples). I like the progressive, metalcore, and djent styles. But I do include a lot of synths.

I do a little gaming and photography on the side of music. The game I am playing now is Sid Meier's Civilization 5. I am no veteran by the way. My favorite game of all time is Golden Sun from the GBA series. I love photography of nature and other objects outside. I own a Canon T3i with an 18-55 mm lens. I wanna get more lenses soon.

I did get a two degree in Microcomputers from a community college, but I am currently pursuing a career in Walmart Superstores, if all goes well and the LORD wills.

I really want a 7 string guitar. I don't have the funds. I have down-tuned my Jackson SLSMG soloist with thick strings to compromise. I really miss the warm tone of soloing on it though. The last time I played a 7 was at Guitar Center through a Valve King amp. That thing was killer for Djent sounds. That tone is what I am after. You just can't get that same tone through a Fender Mustang 1 amp - which I will sell when I can get another amp. I can get pretty close with POD Farm and its expansion packs. (But I am playing the Jackson as a baritone). I doesn't really sound like a 7 string.

I like a lot of different artists, but those that I listen to on a regular basis are:
Andy James, Brian "Head" Welch (since his conversion), Christian Muenzner, Demon Hunter, Fit For A King, For Today, Hope For The Dying, Intervals, Joe Satriani, Keith Merrow, Paul Wardingham, RED, Red Seas Fire, Sithu Aye, Skillet, and WideK.

I do have two YouTube channels. I have my main channel that I started first. It's kind of a general channel now. I post various stuff - even my brother's music and short films. And I also have my artist channel, where my originals are being posted. I haven't posted a while, but I will soon. Lastly, I have my blog. I write sometimes, and you can read through it all if you want to get into my thoughts.

I hope to hear from you, brothers and sisters.

-Brandon :)

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Metal is lot of noise , lyrics that are impossible to hear or discern or understand ... so what is the purpose ?

Would it not be more beneficial to produce something that at least has a slight possibility to be understood ?

Best wishes.

Analyzed Within

Jul 13, 2012
It would not be my taste to do otherwise. I listen to contemporary christian too, but my favorite is metal. And anyway, everybody has their own opinions. I sounds like a lot of noise to you, but to me it is cool. I know of a lot of bands who are easy to understand, and the more you listen to the genre, the more you know what they are saying. It's what you get used to. The purpose? It's my own musical style - just as people like: contemporary, rap, jazz, blues, funk, rock, punk, gospel, classical, dubstep...you name it. A musical style is a musical style. It's the message that counts. Besides, this might end up instrumental anyway. We'll see.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Brandon .... If you come across an example of one of your favorite Metal Christian songs .... try posting the video link here ... I would like to watch & listen to it. Maybe I have been picking the wrong ones in the past and missed the good ones. Thanks.

edit .... I just realized you gave your facebook link earlier .... I will check that out also. Thanks.

tcross.us

Jul 17, 2012
San Antonio
I love music. I play guitar. I recently had to sell all my equipment when I got laid off since I had a house and a family to support. God is good though, I found a job. It will probably take me forever to get some instruments but I am like you, I go to Guitar Center and dream of all the instruments I will get one day. I grew up listening to hair metal, your taste is a bit heavier...lol... You just keep following your dream. Blessings and best wishes on your music. Keep the faith!!

Analyzed Within

Jul 13, 2012
I love music. I play guitar. I recently had to sell all my equipment when I got laid off since I had a house and a family to support. God is good though, I found a job. It will probably take me forever to get some instruments but I am like you, I go to Guitar Center and dream of all the instruments I will get one day. I grew up listening to hair metal, your taste is a bit heavier...lol... You just keep following your dream. Blessings and best wishes on your music. Keep the faith!!
I appreciate that! I really do. :) :) I pray God will give you what you need.