Ye Are Gods. What Does That Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dad of 3

Sep 17, 2006
"...."For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opeend, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." [Genesis 3:5]"

While I only skimmed the answers, I didn't see the correct one at all.

God is saying that by eating the forbidden fruit, Adam and Eve would have a great deal of knowledge, similar to God's. The 'gods' referred to here is echoed by Jesus as he was being persecuted by the Jews. He tells them that they are gods, great in knowledge and perhaps power but still earthly and thus flawed.

This is one argument that Mormons use to support their erroneous view of being able to attain 'exaltation,' and becoming a god like God.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I am not sure why, but I got a e-mail about this thread. I guess I posted a comment on it somewhere. As one of the reason I left, I see way to much over analysis on such a simple subjects........... "We Are gods"

I am sure somewhere, I posted on the subject....... But man..... after reading all the responses, you can only just throw your hands in the air.

and Abb123............. not that you will post back, but I checked out your site, as the same link mysteriously appeared on another forum. I am not offended by it, but it is very silly. It also shows that you don't mind wasting your time, because nobody here is going to fall for such nonsense....

As Always...........

Jesus Is Lord!!!

Be Blessed everyone.