You did not chose Me, I chose you.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was from John 15:16, but...

I hope you read all of chapter John 15.

2. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Jesus died for the whole world, but not all of the world will remain and not be lopped off because they did not keep the commands of Jesus.

Partial truths taking one verse out of the context of the whole like many have done produces heresies. Two heresies in the Church are Universalism and OSAS.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was from John 15:16, but...

I hope you read all of chapter John 15.

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Jesus died for the whole world, but not all of the world will remain and not be lopped off because they did not keep the commands of Jesus.

Partial truths taking one verse out of the context of the whole like many have done produces heresies. Two heresies in the Church are Universalism and OSAS.
I was just looking at this, OSAS IS A HERESY? you said,
Just because it is taken away don't mean it cannot be grafted back in? scripture,
Romans 11:16 "For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Romans 11:17 "And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree". HOLD IT, the keyword here in John 15 is "in Christ". LISTEN,
John 15:2 "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit". IN ME? scripture, Matthew 15:13 "But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up". (one might want to read that again).

just as with our Lord and his Sheep in John 10,
John 10:9 "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture". and if you're not in christ, John 10:1 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber".

if you're in a plant that is not plante by God, it make not difference root or branches you're done, or not saved. so this OSAS is no HERESY.

as said, "don't take a few scriptures out of context". get them all.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that some people are adamant pro-OSAS believers and some are adamant anti-OSAS believers is something that anyone who spends time of here will get loud and clear.
TRUE, I live by Faith, so in this hope I'm saved. but as said, people can chose what they want to believe.

now on this Universalism????????? the bible is clear there also. Romans chapter 9

PICJAG.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
John 15:16 "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you" Jesus is speaking to His Apostles, Jesus chose them for that Apostolic office they did not chose that office for themselves..see also John 6:70; John 13:18. Calvinists misuse Jn 15:16 to teach the idea of Calvinistic election. Truth is ANYONE can be saved by choosing to obey the gospel not just those lucky enough to be unconditionally, randomly chosen by Christ to be saved. If Calvinists were correct and you were not chosen then you cannot be saved even if you wanted to be saved, there would be respecter of persons with God for those who were chosen over those not chosen and how could you rightly just be condemned for a choice God made for you against your will? God will condemn you for His choice in not having chose you.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:16 "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you" Jesus is speaking to His Apostles, Jesus chose them for that Apostolic office they did not chose that office for themselves..see also John 6:70; John 13:18. Calvinists misuse Jn 15:16 to teach the idea of Calvinistic election. Truth is ANYONE can be saved by choosing to obey the gospel not just those lucky enough to be unconditionally, randomly chosen by Christ to be saved. If Calvinists were correct and you were not chosen then you cannot be saved even if you wanted to be saved, there would be respecter of persons with God for those who were chosen over those not chosen and how could you rightly just be condemned for a choice God made for you against your will? God will condemn you for His choice in not having chose you.

Yes, I agree.

The key words are the ones the Father gave me. For all those who believe this also applies to you, study it for yourself. Look at John 17 and 10 again. Here:

John 17:

Jesus Prays for His Disciples
6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. 8 For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.

9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Jesus Prays for All Believers
20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples Again
24 “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

John 10:
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

To you yes...but to them it is deeper revelation of the Plan, intent and Fatherhood of God.

Reactions: 101G