You shall not wear cloth of wool and linen mixed together

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Deuteronomy 22:

11 You shall not wear cloth of wool and linen mixed together.
No flannel shirts. Why not?

It was a rule to distinguish the Israelites from other peoples.

I am glad that Jesus' commandments are more universally sensible.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 22:

No flannel shirts. Why not?

It was a rule to distinguish the Israelites from other peoples.

I am glad that Jesus' commandments are more universally sensible.
‘It’s a rule to distinguish the Israelites from other people’ makes me think of “you will know them by their Fruit”

Considering your topic. It does sound silly to me and pointless about flannel shirts or …does my pants have wool in them?

But there seems to be something to it:

Leviticus 19:19
‘You are to keep My statutes. You shall not cross-breed two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment of two kinds of material mixed together.

If we are speaking of sowing a field with either tomato seed and throwing some cucumber seed in there too. Is that what it’s about not sowing mixed seeds? But what of “did I not sow good seed in the field?” Yet while men slept the enemy crept and sowed a different seed, his seed of division, lust, greed, hatred and every sinful thing.

Same with “do not wear a garment of two kinds of material mixed together”

Either make it New: or if the eye be dark then the whole body is full of darkness.

Consider verses like:
The Not mixing two garment? Luke 5:36-39 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old. [37] And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. [38] But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved. [39] No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

And “take off the old man and put on the New man created after Christ”

And
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Or:
Jude 1:21-23 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. [22] And of some have compassion, making a difference: [23] And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

There seems to be some validity to not mixing to types of garments? Although not necessarily concerning whether to wear flannel or pants with wool in them which has nothing to do with: taking off the old man and putting on the New.

Last edited: