Your wife is about to labor, Doc says death for mother is imminent unless abort the baby. Poll

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

acebopata

May 19, 2012
On God's blue marble, Earth.
First, I'd pray to the Lord over the issue. Secound, If everything turned out fine and would have turned out fine anyway's, I'd sue the Doc. If I where a king, I'd consider charging the doc with attemped muder, but if there really was a problem with the pregnacy so serious it merited the sugestion of an abortion, (If such a thing exsist), I'd let the doc go scoot free.

Jul 6, 2011
Pray for all those involved and be thankful one isnt the mother, the unborn child or any of the medical staff with the difficult situation.

The percentage of cases like this are minimal, we have huge numbers of abortions by choice according to the liberal secular idea of the mother's right. So many times I see these isolated instances discussed, is it to distract from the main issue?

I have to say I would save the mother, not least for some of the reasons given, but its a wonderful opportunity to say to pro-choicers let the mother die and see how angry they get for a change. LOL

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
The decision to abort (murder) the unborn baby should be left up to the mother-to-be since it's her life in danger. It could be a test of faith from God--like God telling Abraham to sacrifice his only son, Isaac. However, what if she is unconscious and unable to make that decision? I would then pray for God's guidance and intevention. Whatever happens, it has to be God's will and not ours. Yes, I know that's easier said than done sometimes, but putting our will ahead of God's only brings more heartaches. Been there-done that and wish I hadn't.

Watchwithme

Jul 20, 2012
To all Christians: what decision would you make ?

Epic Predicament.

You are the husband standing beside the bed of your spouse who will give birth to a baby. Complication with the baby so whether C-section or natural birth would most likely (99.9%) result to the death of the mother-to-be. Doctor's medical advice is to abort to save the mother or save the baby but must cut lose the mother.

What is mean't by "cut lose the mother"? If it means kill, then either option requires breaking a commandment, in which case, neither is an option. Let time and God decide, however if it happened to me, I would want to save my wife. It is not clear from the OP whether the mother is awake or not, her decision would have to be considered