AN OPEN LETTER TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering why they allow watchtower followers on the board here in the forum. They're not Christian and I can't see that they have any business here, except to indoctrinate unsuspecting believers with very little discernment.
Hmmm ... so if there's going to be a discussion about so called "cults", like on the Non-Christian General Discussion, you can talk among yourselves about what the JW's and other so-called "Non-Christian" groups believe, but you're not willing to speak to them, only about them. Why not go to the source then?

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm ... so if there's going to be a discussion about so called "cults", like on the Non-Christian General Discussion, you can talk among yourselves about what the JW's and other so-called "Non-Christian" groups believe, but you're not willing to speak to them, only about them. Why not go to the source then?
I am happy to talk.
Also happy to challenge them.
But I will always classify them as heretics.
They deny Jesus.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not worship Him,
They don’t deny Jesus. What Scripture verse are you relying on that anyone has to acknowledge Jesus the way you seem to suppose?
If you do not worship Him,You deny Him.
Yes they do deny Him.
Hands down a FACT.
That is common knowledge.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they deny YOUR Jesus, but they do believe in the Jesus of the Bible.
Satan believes in Jesus...so yawn.
Jesus is God.
Do you deny that in YOUR Jesus.
Then you testify against Jesus.
Hebrew's 1
"....but the Father says of the Son , 'your throne o God is forever and ever' "
That's MY JESUS.
The one of the bible
Hard to believe people have so little discernment, and do Not Know Who Jesus is.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason it had to be God on the cross, is because only God could resurrect. You could sacrifice 100 righteous men and none of them would be able to resurrect.
That's the whole thing right there.
As a Trinitarian, I have learned to be cautious on this site when disagreeing with fellow Trnitarians. But I am confident that you will take no offense when I say, respectfully, I think you are mistaken here about the reason "it had to be God on the cross." It's true that only God could resurrect a dead man, but not true that only God (in his incarnate form) could BE resurrected. (We all can be, and many of us will be.)

When Jesus died on the cross, it was not by his own power that he was resurrected, but by the Father - as the NT says many times. Remember that when he became incarnate the Son "emptied himself" (Phil. 2:6-7) of aspects of the Deity -- and the ability to raise himself from the dead was one power he had cast aside.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Trinitarian, I have learned to be cautious on this site when disagreeing with fellow Trnitarians. But I am confident that you will take no offense when I say, respectfully, I think you are mistaken here about the reason "it had to be God on the cross." It's true that only God could resurrect a dead man, but not true that only God (in his incarnate form) could BE resurrected. (We all can be, and many of us will be.)

When Jesus died on the cross, it was not by his own power that he was resurrected, but by the Father - as the NT says many times. Remember that when he became incarnate the Son "emptied himself" (Phil. 2:6-7) of aspects of the Deity -- and the ability to raise himself from the dead was one power he had cast aside.

That is not true.
Jesus raised Himself from the dead.
" destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up"
Jesus said " I am the resurrection"
In Gal it says " there was no Law Given that could impart life.There had to be a resurrection. Only God could resurrect himself.
It had to be God on the Cross.
Nothing else would do.
In Ruth we see the kinsman redeemer.
The ONLY REASON Jesus is the kinsman redeemer is because God died on the cross...THE GOD MAN.
Both man and God.
God raised up Jesus from the dead...fact
Jesus raised Himself from the dead...fact

If you deny all that. You do not understand salvation.
It is actually profound.

It raises a question...." Is God able to resurrect himself"?
All heaven replies ..."YES" !!!!!
Earth...scratches their heads

Last edited:

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not true.
Jesus raised Himself from the dead.
" destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up"
Jesus said " I am the resurrection"
In Gal it says " there was no Law Given that could impart life.There had to be a resurrection. Only God could resurrect himself.
It had to be God on the Cross.
Nothing else would do.
In Ruth we see the kinsman redeemer.
The ONLY REASON Jesus is the kinsman redeemer is because God died on the cross...THE GOD MAN.
Both man and God.
God raised up Jesus from the dead...fact
Jesus raised Himself from the dead...fact

If you deny all that. You do not understand salvation.
It is actually profound.

It raises a question...." Is God able to resurrect"?
All heaven replies ..."YES" !!!!!
Earth...scratches their heads
BTW
It is not that only God can be resurrected.
It is that ONLY God can resurrect HIMSELF.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If the trinity is discussed again the thread will be locked

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That only God can resurrect HIMSELF doesn't negate the many verses I've cited saying that God resurrected His Son.
Jesus said if you see me you have seen the Father.
How can that be?
It is not a mental dynamic.
In genesis it says "...let us create man in our image.
In Johns gospel we see Jesus as the sole creator.
Again, not a mental dynamic.
Jesus said "destroy this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up"
You would have to strike that verse to try and make a futile case that in no way did Jesus resurrect himself.
Your problem is that you are making a dynamic one dimensional ,when in fact I can say BOTH With 100% confidence and agree 100% with the word of God

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the trinity is discussed again the thread will be locked
Is discussing Jesus is God off limits?
Not being smart or disrespectful but that is the only thing separating Christianity from false religion. I don't know if you're saying not to use the word Trinity or what

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is discussing Jesus is God off limits?
Not being smart or disrespectful but that is the only thing separating Christianity from false religion. I don't know if you're saying not to use the word Trinity or what
There is a very thin line and often as not you cannot discuss that without going onto the subject of the trinity.

Reactions: Ritajanice