Did God forsake Jesus on the cross?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I bet it was because during those seven years of trials of suffering , IT LED HER to draw Closer to GOD .
even paul once wrote
but we had the sentence of death in ourselves , so that we not trust IN OURSELVES BUT IN GOD .
GOD do allow sufferings and trials . Just as HE did upon JOB and scores of others .
TO DRAW US to depending upon and trusting upon HE and HE ALONE and not in us or worldy things .
What an insightful post..really spoke to my heart, thank you Lord,xx

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clear cut yea? “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” Overlooking though “He who became weak, that we be made strong.”

2 Corinthians 13:3-4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

I get you may still stand firm on it’s a done deal that God forsook Him who cried out to His Father who was able to Save Him, offering up strong supplication and in this God heard His Son. As also He sent the same Spirit of the Son into our hearts which cries out “Abba Father!”

But to me…even further there was a veil still over the hearts, a blindness …as Lazarus was called forth and Jesus told them to remove the blinders from Lazarus eyes. Okay in weakness of the flesh the Son asked why God forsook Him. Reminds me of John sending back word to Jesus Christ who wasn’t coming to visit John the Baptist in prison and they were coming to cut off Johns head. Oh man, if we are getting real John the Baptist had to be thinking Jesus Christ had forsook John to have his head taken off. John had to be sitting in that prison thinking all that talk about “you didn’t come visit me in prison. You didn’t give me water to drink when I was thirsty. You didn’t feed me when I was hungry…”was some kind of bad joke. I get this will be skimmed right over but I’m thinking if I was John the Baptist I would have felt the same as Jesus Christ on the cross …why have you forsook me?? Just saying… but i don’t think Jesus Christ forsook John the Baptist. No more than God forsook His only begotten Son.

God forsook the nation of Israel by pouring his wrath upon them. With divorcement, the Lord Yeshua came and took the bride of his which now part of the Spiritual Heavenly Jerusalem is where believers are set to going where God resides with the Lamb and his angels.

??

Some say Jesus took the wrath of God. But that is a manmade tradition.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God forsook the nation of Israel by pouring his wrath upon them. With divorcement, the Lord Yeshua came and took the bride of his which now part of the Spiritual Heavenly Jerusalem is where believers are set to going where God resides with the Lamb and his angels.

??

The Lord Yeshua? Is He the One you said BECAME the Lord God Almighty?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord Yeshua? Is He the One you said BECAME the Lord God Almighty?
Yes that is him. Jesus. He became this because of returning to his former glory and position with Yahavah his Father. Crowning He, and His Father as the Lord God Almighty, after all things are completed and God is all in all. Jesus was known as the Word of God in the beginning; some says pictures and types show up in the Old Testament that resembles the one whom was to become born in Flesh, Yeshua. Yeshua is not over his Father and Yeshua is subjected to him, by being his Word.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus perhaps I am overthinking it, but It was the fulfillment of the promises of Yahavah in which divorcement insued. He left them to their own vices and hardness of hearts, which he then sends Yeshua, the one to have the last call for the bride to come together to be gathered and taken to heaven.

Yahavah left them, behind, and that is one definition for forsaken.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is him. Jesus. He became this because of returning to his former glory and position with Yahavah his Father. Crowning He, and His Father as the Lord God Almighty, after all things are completed and God is all in all. Jesus was known as the Word of God in the beginning; some says pictures and types show up in the Old Testament that resembles the one whom was to become born in Flesh, Yeshua. Yeshua is not over his Father and Yeshua is subjected to him, by being his Word.
So explain how Jesus stopped being God and then BECAME God?

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.“
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭54‬:‭7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It was only for a small moment of time, in which Jesus was forsaken.
Isaiah 54:7 refers to Israel, not the Anointed One.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.“
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭54‬:‭7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Isaiah 54:7 refers to Israel, not the Anointed One.
Thank you for pointing that out. If it’s possible for God to forsake Israel. Why do people put some much emphasis on Yahavah not abandoning his son. Many continue to attribute as though he felt abandoned and from my perspective it was Christ within Jesus leaving. Their separation from each other was for three days, perhaps a moment in time in the same principle, concerning the death of Yeshua taking on sin.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God leaving his son make people feel a certain way?

There are birds who drop off eggs in other birds nest and leave them there to be took care off.

Does God abandoning his Son make you feel bad for him?

God was pleased by this… to have his son crushed…
I think Im in agreement. It's good to see you posting. I hope you are doing really well.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Im in agreement. It's good to see you posting. I hope you are doing really well.
Hey thank you, Wynona. Hope you, your husband, child, and friends and family are doing well in Christ. Just sharing by your own freedom of choice to even consider for oneself what is going on here is daunting, however to me there is a justification for the sacrificed body of the Lord Yeshua, on the cross.

This something people may have never consider before, that when Yeshua was born into this world he was given the breathe of life, which the Word of God (the expression of Gods Soul, mind, heart), lived within the Lord Jesus body. Just like our souls live within our own body, given to us when we are born into the world. You also have the Father living within the Lords heart, by the Holy Spirit of Yahavah, the God of Israel, as Christ (God was in Christ), however the flesh containing not only Christ but the Word of God, which is the expression of Gods mind, will, heart, I consider it to be Jesus soul which was for Gods will to be done and to only listen and learn from him.

Were separated, for moment of time three days in the grave, where (The Word of God ) Yeshua, was there in Abraham’s bosom and also travelled over the chasm, it seems to speak to the souls over there away from Abraham’s bosom or Paradise as some may say, outside of it was those who were imprisoned by their own willingness to not take heed to Yahavah or Yahweh, and the commands he had given except for a rare few sum. After the journey venturing three days, Yahavah by his spirit rose his son up from the dead, just as promised, and just had Jesus has continued to hope, trust, in faith that even though he had been forsaken for a moment of time, because of sin though he never sinned caused a separation just like in the Garden of Eden when Adam had sinned or fallen short missing the mark of having listened to the Word which God had spoke to him.

The forsaking is simply the Christ in Jesus leaving, but restore three days over essentially… it may all seem weird or strange or odd to some, in the end it was Gods will that was served by the willingly choice to decide to give up the life given by the Father in order for the reconciliation to be in order with the law and commandments of the Law nailed to the cross, in which now today Yahavah, writes his laws on the hearts and minds of people and not so much by dictated Law as the Pharisees so often lived to do and have power over people.

May the Spirit Guide us to the truth, and don’t ever follow me. God is good, even when bad things are meant to come about, in unexpected ways, especially when a person get to this section of the Bible cause it’s one to think on…

Perhaps not involving feelings so much; as emotionalism is essentially worldly wisdom used to manipulate or manufacture a way in order to have control over individuals in order for you to seek to come back for them, but not for the Father, whom was the God, YHWH, whom rescued his people from Egypt, and having fellowship with Him and His (Yahavahs) Son.

All the best to you! Thank you for reading if you were able to bear it. Much love and respect to you and all the mods, and the people of the forum in general.

Reactions: Wynona

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The short answer is no. God did not forsake his son. I believe John 14:11 is the authoritative reference on the subject.

Jesus was quoting Psalm 22. Various idolatrous doctrines require inventing the fiction of our divine Father abandoning his son, which he is in. This sets up a contradiction for one cannot abandon themselves.

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me
John 14:11

Reactions: DavidTaylor

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

??

I don’t know. Other words for “forsook”: rejected, as one who failed, forgotten. Whether or not the Father forsook the Son is not something I have to be right about. This is only my opinions on it. I could be wrong. You may be right and God did forsake the Son. First you said something in another post about the Father separation from the Son for three days? Did I understand that right? I think that is a place to start because if you need God to forsake The Son for this separation clearly to happen for three days then …how did the Son say or do only what He sees the Father say and do for those three days, if they separated? why do they have to separate for Christ to go to the lowest parts those three days?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus perhaps I am overthinking it, but It was the fulfillment of the promises of Yahavah in which divorcement insued
Do you mean
Matthew 5:17 ESV - 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them

If so I don’t think divorcement followed after.
Instead to me it’s the opposite. Reconciliation followed. It’s put off the divorcement as made widows by the body of Christ: be you free (reconciled u to God) from dead works to bear fruit unto God … Romans 7:2-4 For the woman which has an husband (even though some ask are they divorced?) is bound by the law to her husband so long as he live; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. [3] So then if, while her husband live, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. [4] Wherefore, my brethren, you also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Consider all the passages on a divorced woman. And as long as her husband lives. Maybe you are saying or suggesting “you have become dead to the law by the body of Christ” …is this what you mean by forsaken?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know. Other words for “forsook”: rejected, as one who failed, forgotten. Whether or not the Father forsook the Son is not something I have to be right about. This is only my opinions on it. I could be wrong. You may be right and God did forsake the Son. First you said something in another post about the Father separation from the Son for three days? Did I understand that right? I think that is a place to start because if you need God to forsake The Son for this separation clearly to happen for three days then …how did the Son say or do only what He sees the Father say and do for those three days, if they separated?
There is a lot that could be shared… of course it’s all speculation, with faith in that though Yahavah had forsook his Word for moment, it’s that commanding Law was fulfilled in Jesus, which was the wages of sins, he took in along with the sins of the world.

Just like forsaking Israel in divorcement, Yahavah divorced that body of sin, which the body was risen was Spirit though the flesh, was used in order for the promises of his return for the bride was a assured because Yeshua was the only one to be risen by Yahavah by and through what Yahavah allowed him to have as far as authority until everything from Yeshua hands back the Kingdom of God, to Father at when the end had come, becoming back in subjection to the one whom gave him that power concerning it.

Through retained memories of what Yahavah has reminded him of, what glories and mercy which would be given by and through the sacrifice of the body of Yeshua.

Though separated, Yeshua did not stop having faith, in trusting that his Father, though in this moment of time that God, Yahavah, who sent the Word, with hope and continued onward to pass on the message (which we are not sure what he could have stated or said to those in that place of prison? I think.

Even though Jesus is separated for a moment just like when the Word was Sent, you continue to see God and His Word working together though separated by and through the former state which was in the beginning, before being separated being from a heavenly place and born of and earthly place and flesh. The memories were retrained of what previous went down, I suppose from sleep waking up in hell (Sheol/paradise - with the compartment - prison though separated.)

Adam and Eve becomd separated from God, but Eve is the only one after seeing to be giving praise for the Son which she had bore.

Separation, wouldn’t suggest that the Father forgot or left the Son, as much as it is forsaking him, due to the notion of sin.

Everyone continued to die and show up in Sheol, with the spoken chasm, which separated those departed, of those who desired things of their own will, and those who desired the for Gods will, though bodiless (only souls,) it seemed that they were able to communicate with each other though separated. It seems to me though, no one could reach Yahavah whom they had served, because of sins not being paid for, until Jesus paid for sins.

He went to Hell, as the Word of God, continuing to carry out His Fathers will, in which extended to those long ago, with Jesus showing victory, over separation, by and through crossing the chasm, which no mere man could cross and through resurrection of Yahavah by Yahavahs Spirit brings forth those whom were sleeping prior perhaps, whom become the first ones to be resurrected in the Kingdom.
why do they have to separate for Christ to go to the lowest parts those three days?

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean
Matthew 5:17 ESV - 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them

If so I don’t think divorcement followed after.
Instead to me it’s the opposite. Reconciliation followed. It’s put off the divorcement as made widows by the body of Christ: be you free (reconciled u to God) from dead works to bear fruit unto God … Romans 7:2-4 For the woman which has an husband (even though some ask are they divorced?) is bound by the law to her husband so long as he live; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. [3] So then if, while her husband live, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. [4] Wherefore, my brethren, you also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Consider all the passages on a divorced woman. And as long as her husband lives. Maybe you are saying or suggesting “you have become dead to the law by the body of Christ” …is this what you mean by forsaken?

I agree with you about when a person becomes married to Christ internally from the heart, and they continue to bring forth fruit, regardless of the sin that may be in a persons life; they continue in the heart to believe and trust in the Lord Yeshua who was brought back from the dead by his Father, is when a person become born again because on their hearts Gods love is poured out upon them, being born now of the Holy Spirit and fire that tends to burn down the darkness within ourselves being our own soul, battling between the flesh and the spirit, in the heart (mind/will/emotions) and between the heavenly and the earthly.

Praise God that is grace is sufficient even for Paul who desired whatever plagued him, to be gone, but was not taken; some say it was his eyes, it could have been a spiritual battle going on between light and the darkness and Paul continued to call out to God, but it was his faith, love for God and love for others and the issues he had kept him humble before his Father and never exalted himself above his Father.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The short answer is no. God did not forsake his son. I believe John 14:11 is the authoritative reference on the subject.

Jesus was quoting Psalm 22. Various idolatrous doctrines require inventing the fiction of our divine Father abandoning his son, which he is in. This sets up a contradiction for one cannot abandon themselves.

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me
John 14:11

Thank you for sharing your take away of your perspective.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was quoting Scripture, because many esteemed Him forsaken by God.

Psalm 22:1
1 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning?

Isaiah 53:4
4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.

Yeah, I know too much about Copeland. It's sickening.
JESUS was quoating scripture because scripture POINTED TO HE ALONE .
And JESUS was not quoating anything that HE HIMSELF has not inspired through the prophets .
AKA , JESUS INSPIRED SCRIPTURE . OH i know this may seem odd to many .
BUT GOD IS HIS WORD AND HIS WORD BE HE . GOD IS HIS SPIRIT and HIS SPIRIT BE HE .
Folks today act like JESUS contradicted scriptures . rather odd . HE FULLFILLED what HE HIMSELF
had inspired . Even the law itself . WHO YA THINK inspired even that . GOD DID
if GOD DID , it meaneth JESUS DID .
But due to the weakness of man , of the flesh , the very law HE gave to moses
that WOULD POINT TO HIM
HE WOULD COME and FULLFILL the very RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE LAW
AND THEN , not only that HE BECAME THE SACRIFICE and i mean THE ULTIMATE ONE
the entire law itself had spoken about . HIS BLOOD . not the blood of goats and bulls
BUT HIS OWN BLOOD which reaches WAY DOWN DEEP to the inner conscious of man
TO CHANGE THE INWARD parts of man . to SAVE man who could not save himself .
THE FIRST MAN , the first woman FAILED and brought death to all mankind .
JESUS BRINGETH LIFE and the true reconcilation to GOD unto men that the blood of bulls and goats
could only cover for a time . speaking of time , TIME BE RUNNING OUT
and speaking of time its about HIGH TIME folks got back INTO the bible . and boy do i mean fast .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
JESUS was quoating scripture because scripture POINTED TO HE ALONE .
And JESUS was not quoating anything that HE HIMSELF has not inspired through the prophets .
AKA , JESUS INSPIRED SCRIPTURE . OH i know this may seem odd to many .
BUT GOD IS HIS WORD AND HIS WORD BE HE . GOD IS HIS SPIRIT and HIS SPIRIT BE HE .
Folks today act like JESUS contradicted scriptures . rather odd . HE FULLFILLED what HE HIMSELF
had inspired . Even the law itself . WHO YA THINK inspired even that . GOD DID
if GOD DID , it meaneth JESUS DID .
But due to the weakness of man , of the flesh , the very law HE gave to moses
that WOULD POINT TO HIM
HE WOULD COME and FULLFILL the very RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE LAW
AND THEN , not only that HE BECAME THE SACRIFICE and i mean THE ULTIMATE ONE
the entire law itself had spoken about . HIS BLOOD . not the blood of goats and bulls
BUT HIS OWN BLOOD which reaches WAY DOWN DEEP to the inner conscious of man
TO CHANGE THE INWARD parts of man . to SAVE man who could not save himself .
THE FIRST MAN , the first woman FAILED and brought death to all mankind .
JESUS BRINGETH LIFE and the true reconcilation to GOD unto men that the blood of bulls and goats
could only cover for a time . speaking of time , TIME BE RUNNING OUT
and speaking of time its about HIGH TIME folks got back INTO the bible . and boy do i mean fast .
Praise and thank the Lord. Bible up time everyone. Time to open the Bible and read it before time is up and the Lord returns. Which the signs are showing us will be very soon.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo