Have an addiction to MacDonald's? You are like me!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just reread this barney and perhaps your right i aint verbose enough to ever be president .
But though rude in speech YET NOT IN KNOWLEDGE this wee thing shall continue to point to CHRIST
and all holy , pure , wonderful and magnificent TRUTH in that bible , WHICH aint IDOLARTY to do so .
Be encouraged my friend . Guess when your right your right .

It was sarcasm. You are quite verbose enough. ;)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To agree on that which pertains to what enters the stomach
PALES HUGE in comparison to finding agreement or common ground in the things of this world.
THIS Too is a huge mistake many in the churches are fast making .
You see to them its all about AGREEING . agreeing and common ground has become the god and love of today .
Rather , its We need to agree and find common ground and be of the same mind , ON THE TRUTH OF THE LORD
not unity for sake of unity , but UNITY UNDER THE TRUTH and to rather mark those who cause divisions
TO SOUND DOCTRINE , not to omit and overlook sound doctrine . EL DIABLO , EL HOMBRE DE MINTIDAS
Y MEURTE sleepth not .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its junk food . on that we can surely agree .
When we were kids, we would make a 2 mile walk to the city pool and when they built the little towns first McDonalds it was about 1 and 1/2 miles coming home from the pool, and if we had scrounged up under 50cents we would get a burger, fries, coke…or share one, yep drank after each other!
Now the food is ALL junk and doubt you could buy A fry for under 50 cents, and drinking after another is taboo…pfff.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the thing about McDonald's is that it makes me green. I get sick in a green way - that's the only way I can describe it. I don't seem to be able to let go of it - it feels like a losing battle spiritually.

I get the benefit of not eating it, but for some reason my appetite for it doesn't change?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the thing about McDonald's is that it makes me green. I get sick in a green way - that's the only way I can describe it. I don't seem to be able to let go of it - it feels like a losing battle spiritually.

I get the benefit of not eating it, but for some reason my appetite for it doesn't change?

It's a peculiar thing, but I distinctly remember practically every bit of enjoyment I got out of McD's, but I'd also much rather have a huge chunk of fresh pineapple.

Eat nothing but fruits, nuts, vegetables, and grains for a 10 days and your appetite will change. :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This article says that is not true.

I learned about it from a friend who actually lives in the town in Kentucky where it happened and it was in their local news, and during that time, she learned it was also found to happen in an Oklahoma McDonald's. I believe her.

• Wow

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learned about it from a friend who actually lives in the town in Kentucky where it happened and it was in their local news, and during that time, she learned it was also found to happen in an Oklahoma McDonald's. I believe her.
o_O that sounds nasty dear sister . i guess todays menu is baby the other white meat . This sounds so nasty
guess it gives a new meaning to UNC burgers . cause it might be ones uncle In them burgers .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
todays menu is fetus salad coupled with leg of man . This is so sick dear sister .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a peculiar thing, but I distinctly remember practically every bit of enjoyment I got out of McD's, but I'd also much rather have a huge chunk of fresh pineapple.

Eat nothing but fruits, nuts, vegetables, and grains for a 10 days and your appetite will change. :)

fresh pineapple do sound good .
I have another meat to offer up for all to diet on daily . The words of GOD . Bible time in the building .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

chunk some salmon in too . that be one healthy fish .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we were kids, we would make a 2 mile walk to the city pool and when they built the little towns first McDonalds it was about 1 and 1/2 miles coming home from the pool, and if we had scrounged up under 50cents we would get a burger, fries, coke…or share one, yep drank after each other!
Now the food is ALL junk and doubt you could buy A fry for under 50 cents, and drinking after another is taboo…pfff.
It be LORD praising time in the building my friend .

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'd love to see the news --I've seen that discounted and labelled as satire.
I had a friend who claimed her husband worked in a hospital in Dallas where JFK was taken when he was shot , and instead of dying, he was a vegetable in that hospital.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before they built the Starbucks a block away, I used to stop in at the McCafe for coffee on the way to work. They actually do have decent coffee and specialty drinks like lattes.

I've transferred that addiction to Starbucks, but I try to limit it to one visit per week.

You...you like McDonalds coffee? I think McDonalds coffee is the worst coffe in the world and was the primary reason that I stopped going to McD's at all. I havent had Mcd's in over 30 years. Maybe they make better coffee now, I dunno. I'm a Burger King manor I was until China bought Burger King. So I went to Taco Bell after that. But after I got a dollar menu burrito for a Burrito Supreme Two trips in a row!, I stopped eating there too.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi there,

So this is intended as a thread in which to share the burden of being addicted to McDonald's, but also to brainstorm ways of beating the addiction.

Off the top of my head, it might help to meditate on MacDonald's food, as if it is decaying and dying - that is a Tibetan Buddhist trick, to kick over-eating in general.

Also, there is prayer: I have asked my faithful Mum a couple of times, to pray that my addiction would go away.

Part of it, is just staying clear (from McDonalds') altogether, not going in for a pancake or a piece of cheesecake.

What is your experience? There are some people, that eat it every day without fail - I don't envy them!

In my life, I haven't really eaten that much, it is just that I had a craving for it from a very early age and I reached the point where I realised "Hey, I really don't have self-control in this area of my life".

Tell me what you think? Would Jesus eat McDonald's?
One has to ask....does a happy meal really make you happy? :rolleyes: