Hyper-grace: then and now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today, we have Christians who teach hyper-grace:
The term hyper-grace has been used to describe a new wave of teaching that emphasizes the grace of God to the exclusion of other vital teachings such as repentance and confession of sin. Hyper-grace teachers maintain that all sin, past, present, and future, has already been forgiven, so there is no need for a believer to ever confess it. Hyper-grace teaching says that, when God looks at us, He sees only a holy and righteous people. The conclusion of hyper-grace teaching is that we are not bound by Jesus’ teaching, even as we are not under the Law; that believers are not responsible for their sin; and that anyone who disagrees is a pharisaical legalist.
The idea is not new. Back in the days of Paul, Romans 3:
8 Why not say, as some slanderously claim that we say, "Let us do evil that good may result"? Their condemnation is deserved!
Romans 6:
1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?
Jude 4:
4 For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
Repenting is not a one-time event.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Colossians 2:13-14

King James Version

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The repenting you are talking about is continually sinning for the rest of your life, so that you can repent of it for the rest of your life.

That's your idea of "Christianity".

This false teaching is based on a misunderstanding of Romans 7, where "paul says.....That which i hate i do".. and people who are not students of the bible, but who love to post "commentary Teacher's" nonsense, live in Romans 7.

Paul didnt.....he continued with that teaching, and resolved it here... "Christ ALWAYS Gives me the Victory", over the flesh, the world and the devil".

So, your idea of Christianity, is "Sin, repeat, repent", and start over., as you never left Romans 7 and read the other 12.9 Epistles of Paul.

And @TonyChanYT .. that is not Christianity.

And people who teach and preach that, are "fallen from Grace", if they are even born again.

That's a fact.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Colossians 2:13-14​

King James Version​

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Those are all of the sins you have committed up til then, and the blotting of the handwriting of ordinances was that Christ replaced the sacrificial offering.
Phil 12:2 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

These are already Christians--what are they working out?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those are all of the sins you have committed up til then,
What has been quickened in us?

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;..

and the blotting of the handwriting of ordinances was that Christ replaced the sacrificial offering.
Phil 12:2 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

A Born Again has been set free from all sin, when they become Born Again of imperishable seed..please explain what that means?

God says we must be “ Born Again “?

A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

If you aren’t Born Again..you wouldn’t understand any of this.

Gods seed cannot indwell a sinner.

How does God make us Alive, what does he make Alive in us?

Commentary.

The cross is an emblem of how we were dead but God made us alive. The cross is a picture of our debts being nailed to the cross so that we are no longer under the threat of wrath for our disobedience. The cross is the forgiving of our sins and the erasing of the IOU that was against us.

We need the death and resurrection of Jesus...we also need to be Born Again of imperishable seed to have all of our sins forgiven.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are all of the sins you have committed up til then,
How do you figure?

All your sin was future concerning the cross. Are you saying that God looked at your life, and collected up all the guilt for your sins that would come up to the time of your conversion, and nailed that to the cross, but not for your sins that would come your conversion? And then the sins that you commit after your conversion, the guilt for these was NOT nailed to the cross?

That makes no sense to me, nor does it seem to me to be reflected in Paul's writing.

(listening to "It Is Well" at the moment, just caught the line, "my sin, not in part but the whole . . .")

Colossians 2:14 KJV
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

"the handwriting of ordinances that was against us"

The is the "certificate of indebtedness", our debt of guilt of sin. It's been nailed to the cross, blotted out. You say in part, but the passage is inclusive of all.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Here is what they are supposed to work out....

A.) How to understand what it means to have Salvation.

What are all the moving parts?

Like, "what does seated in heavenly places"" mean?

What does it mean to become "the temple of the Holy Spirit".?

What does it mean to have become...

"Heir of God"
"Saint"
"Joint Heir with Jesus"
"Made Righteous".
"New Creation in Christ"
"Child of the Light".
"Born again"
"Lively Stones"
"Bride of Christ'

See all that?
That is about 8% of the understanding of .. "The Gift of Salvation".

Most never "work out" even that much...

And people who never learn anything about it... are found here......as diapers babies.... = Hebrews 6:1.

These "still on the milk tit" = self righteous baby Christian, who have not learned anything , have not "worked out their salvation yet".. even 2 %.

Everyone of them, believes they are to confess sin to try to stay saved, because they dont trust that Jesus keeps them saved.
They ALL HAVE that broken Faith., issue.
Because....They misunderstood ONE VERSE< in John..... and that became their entire FAILED Discipleship for LIFE., as they falsely believe that Christianity... = ......Is.. .""""SIN... confess... and repeat"....

See that one?
You dont want that one teaching the Bible on a a Forum..
You dont want that one as a MOD who has the power to BAN YOU on a forum. You dont want that one as a Sunday School Teacher, or as the Pastor of your Church.

Believe it.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are all of the sins you have committed up til then, and the blotting of the handwriting of ordinances was that Christ replaced the sacrificial offering.

They are working out what they have. So God can use them..

Reactions: mailmandan

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Colossians 2:13-14​

King James Version​

Thanks for the reference. This is how to do referencing in a scholarly manner:
  1. Display and indent the quoted text.
  2. Selectively bold the relevant keywords that are important to your point. There is no need to bold the entire sentence. Have a laser-sharp focus.
  3. Be concise and precise to the point. No need to quote the whole paragraph.
I do this for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee it will sharpen your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The repenting you are talking about is continually sinning for the rest of your life, so that you can repent of it for the rest of your life.

This false teaching is based on a misunderstanding
Thanks for sharing. Can you quote my words and contradict them?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reference. This is how to do referencing in a scholarly manner:
  1. Display and indent the quoted text.
  2. Selectively bold the relevant keywords that are important to your point. There is no need to bold the entire sentence. Have a laser-sharp focus.
  3. Be concise and precise to the point. No need to quote the whole paragraph.
I do this for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee it will sharpen your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it.
Hi Tony.

Have you been Born Again of imperishable seed?

That liveth and abideth forever...liveth and abideth where?

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has been quickened in us?

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;..

A Born Again has been set free from all sin, when they become Born Again of imperishable seed..please explain what that means?

God says we must be “ Born Again “?

A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

If you aren’t Born Again..you wouldn’t understand any of this.

Gods seed cannot indwell a sinner.

How does God make us Alive, what does he make Alive in us?

Commentary.

The cross is an emblem of how we were dead but God made us alive. The cross is a picture of our debts being nailed to the cross so that we are no longer under the threat of wrath for our disobedience. The cross is the forgiving of our sins and the erasing of the IOU that was against us.

We need the death and resurrection of Jesus...we also need to be Born Again of imperishable seed to have all of our sins forgiven.

So you are saying that in now over 30 years you have never asked again for forgiveness because you are born again?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you are saying that in now over 30 years you have never asked again for forgiveness because you are born again?
If you would like to view my activity, you will find my testimony..I’ve shared it many times..xx

A Born Again cannot not go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed..which means what? Xx

A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed that liveth and abideth forever...where does the seed liveth and abideth forever?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you would like to view my activity, you will find my testimony..I’ve shared it many times..xx

A Born Again cannot not go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed..which means what? Xx

A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed that liveth and abideth forever...where does the seed liveth and abideth forever?
Oh the deceived who think they are sinless.

The lack of understanding of what it means to be born again is scary

Reactions: mailmandan and Cyd

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thanks for sharing. Can you quote my words and contradict them?

"Hyper Grace" then and now".

If its not then you would not be trying to confess sin, because you dont understand that The Cross has resolved it all.

Now, in the year '2024, the heretics who dont understand God's Grace..., use "OSAS" as their backward's theology mind blindness.

IN Paul's day, when Religious unsaved Jews, "could not hear Paul's words" also, because they have to be "rightly divided" as "spiritually discerned".
They could not do this, so, they defined Paul's words as "OSAS", by saying... "you are saying we are to sin, so that Grace may abound'.

See that?
That is the same idea of OSAS, but its presented in the NEW Testament, as the verse you dont understand, and neither did those Messiah Rejecting Jews..

And the other verse you misused........came from Jude.. and you twisted it..

He said.. .that these same Jews, came into the Local Assemblies and "perverted the word".. "perverted the Gospel"..

How?

By teaching that the Real meaning of Grace, as its taught in Truth, is... "license to sin", as you teach it.

So, you are the perverter of the correct idea and understanding of God's Grace, when its taught as Paul's Gospel of Grace, ... You teach it as meaning License to sin, because you dont understand the Grace of God. @TonyChanYT

So, your wrong understanding of GRACE, of GOD's GRACE...is proven by the fact that you are confessing Sin, that Jesus has already taken care of on the Cross.... 2000 yrs ago.

Notice.

"Jesus is the ONE TIME... .ETERNAL SACRIFICE... for SIN"...

You .. @TonyChanYT , are one more found without the ability to comprehend the word : ETERNAL.

"Jesus is the ONE TIME... .ETERNAL... .sacrifice for sin"..

You should get a dictionary and stay away from a bible, until you can figure that out, as the Bible is not your Friend when you try to bend it to suit your self righteousness, or to try to prove some Heretics theology.

Last edited:

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have seen you post many times over and over the same thing...and for me I hear then this scripture. You did not answer my question please do so. Woops forgot the scripture had to edit.

Matthew 19:21 KJV
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.​

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen you post many times over and over the same thing...and for me I hear then this scripture. You did not answer my question please do so.
Check out my activity...it’s all there, if you like to scroll through.

Are you able to answer my questions to you?xx

1 John 3:9

King James Version

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Do you need to be Re-Forgiven, or Has Christ died to forgive you , already?

Is .. "Jesus the one time ETERNAL Sacrifice for Sin" or is His Shed Blood and death, a part time, temporary REDEMPTION?

So, Listen, Reader...

= everyone who is born again, can get into some "works of the Flesh".

That is why Paul said...>"Use not your LIBERTY, for an occasion to the Flesh"..

However, and here is the thing @Cyd... Its the LAW that defines your works of the flesh as "sin".

A.) So, "where there is no LAW, there is no SIN">..

That means, it can't define anymore.. because you are not under the "dominion of the Law".

So, how do you know the law can't define your occasional carnality as sin?

"You are not under the LAW, but under Grace".

See that?

And here is one more for you to realize..
READERs.....

You, as a born again Christian, are "In Christ".. "One with God".. "seated in heavenly places"..

And there is no SIN found there.........

"well behold, what if i was watching Netflix and i knew it said "M" MATURE Audience", and i watched it anyway, and they had some advanced sex scenes in it'.

"well behold, i watched GAME OF THRONES, and for 7 yrs, they had Rape, Incest, and similar", ."saw it every week"...

So, that means you "used your liberty for an occasion to the Flesh", .. so, dont do that..

That's the answer.

"dont do that", as that is abusing God's Grace that Jesus died to give you ..

1.) Dont go there
2.) Dont look at that
3.) Dont turn that on
4.) Dont download that.
5.) Dont smoke that.
6.) Dont put that in your veins.

See, YOU KNOW before you do it......because The Holy Spirit reminds you..

And then.....you choose that "occasion to the flesh" or you dont.

The world and the Flesh and the Devil, are not going to turn and walk away,. so YOU have to put on the Armor and DENY IT....REFUSE IT.....Walk away.......put it behind you.

So, YOU have to just "pause" and then turn and walk away, and its the Holy Spirit that is giving you that "PAUSE">.

So, LISTEN.
LISTEN.

Reader... LISTEN...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice