Is “Easter” in the original Scriptures?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The first word of the Lord's Prayer is "our"....as in speaking collectively for a group.
Meaning worshipping, CELEBRATING, and of course praying together IN HARMONY with others IN HUMILITY is a mandate.

I think you have forgotten about this key principle. If people don't join you in your lack of doing anything then you need to join them when they do something.

:My2c:
Wow….how is that a response to anything I said? That wasn’t even 1 cent’s worth.

Did I not go into detail about the origins of what Christendom celebrates and why they are not acceptable to the God she claims to worship? Do you not see history repeating as this is exactly what the Jews did, and it was the reason why Jesus so roundly condemned them. (Matt 15:7-9) The traditions they introduced invalidated their worship…..didn’t Paul confirm that fact in 2 Cor 6:14-18?

I fear for you people because you do not sense the gravity of what you do “in Jesus’ name”….(Matt7:21-23)
You offer contaminated sacrifices to God that he must reject…..even a few drops of poison will render a glass of water undrinkable….what you assume to be harmless celebrations are exactly what Israel did with the golden calf…..changing the name doesn’t make it less pagan to God.

I have a very full spiritual life with my brothers and sisters….those who worship the same God as I do….that means no spiritual fellowship with those who worship a god who does not exist in the Bible.

Sad to say, most people will offend God just to be acceptable to men. Majority view has never meant much to Jehovah….his view was never held by the majority…satan saw to that…nothing has changed. Jesus said that “few” would be found on the ‘cramped and narrow road to life’…..the majority are travelling the superhighway to destruction, completely oblivious as to its destination. (Matt 7:13-14)
Why do you supposed that is?

Reactions: TheHC

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow….how is that a response to anything I said? That wasn’t even 1 cent’s worth.

Did I not go into detail about the origins of what Christendom celebrates and why they are not acceptable to the God she claims to worship? Do you not see history repeating as this is exactly what the Jews did, and it was the reason why Jesus so roundly condemned them. (Matt 15:7-9) The traditions they introduced invalidated their worship…..didn’t Paul confirm that fact in 2 Cor 6:14-18?

I fear for you people because you do not sense the gravity of what you do “in Jesus’ name”….(Matt7:21-23)
You offer contaminated sacrifices to God that he must reject…..even a few drops of poison will render a glass of water undrinkable….what you assume to be harmless celebrations are exactly what Israel did with the golden calf…..changing the name doesn’t make it less pagan to God.

I have a very full spiritual life with my brothers and sisters….those who worship the same God as I do….that means no spiritual fellowship with those who worship a god who does not exist in the Bible.

Sad to say, most people will offend God just to be acceptable to men. Majority view has never meant much to Jehovah….his view was never held by the majority…satan saw to that…nothing has changed. Jesus said that “few” would be found on the ‘cramped and narrow road to life’…..the majority are travelling the superhighway to destruction, completely oblivious as to its destination. (Matt 7:13-14)
Why do you supposed that is?
Since you have no understanding....
It says a LOT about your relationship with God.
Paul said something about those who say "do not touch. Do not taste"

Obviously you use sicsors for theology. Just like you claim we do.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since you have no understanding....
Sorry, but it appears that the lack of understanding is all yours.....you cannot defend what you believe so you divert attention to me.
It says a LOT about your relationship with God.
Your lack of a scriptural response says a lot about your own unfortunately.
What did Peter say....?
"But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have...". (1 Peter 3:13)
Where is your defense?
I never had a relationship with God when I was with the church.....only after I became a genuine Christian did I understand the Bible's message, what I was praying for in the Lord's Prayer, and how to have a close relationship with my Creator.
Paul said something about those who say "do not touch. Do not taste"
Paul said don't touch what is spiritually "unclean" to God....it doesn't matter if its a bed of roses to us....read his words again...2 Cor 6:14-18 and tell me whether adopting pagan festivals and doctrines makes you a "son or daughter" of God?
Obviously you use sicsors for theology. Just like you claim we do.
Did you mean scissors? Since I was raised in Christendom, there were certainly many times that scissors would have been handy to cut out all the rot. You seem to have no idea how far Christendom has strayed from what Jesus and his apostles taught....and how much they changed everything he said.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but it appears that the lack of understanding is all yours.....you cannot defend what you believe so you divert attention to me.

Your lack of a scriptural response says a lot about your own unfortunately.
What did Peter say....?
"But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have...". (1 Peter 3:13)
Where is your defense?
I never had a relationship with God when I was with the church.....only after I became a genuine Christian did I understand the Bible's message, what I was praying for in the Lord's Prayer, and how to have a close relationship with my Creator.

Paul said don't touch what is spiritually "unclean" to God....it doesn't matter if its a bed of roses to us....read his words again...2 Cor 6:14-18 and tell me whether adopting pagan festivals and doctrines makes you a "son or daughter" of God?

Did you mean scissors? Since I was raised in Christendom, there were certainly many times that scissors would have been handy to cut out all the rot. You seem to have no idea how far Christendom has strayed from what Jesus and his apostles taught....and how much they changed everything he said.
The reason for my misspellings is because of too many languages running around in my head. Mostly koine Greek, early Latin, Aramaic, Hebrew, Slovak, French, Italian, Spanish and etc. Absolutely destroyed my ability to spell anything anymore. My head can't hold it all.

Some of the most modern Bibles I simply don't trust as well as ones done a few years ago....but that's just me.

You have a strange notion concerning modern churches. You couldn't have gone to one and said the things you have said. There are still good ones out there even if YOU have not found one.
Meaning at best you gave limp wristed efforts to find one. Sure there are church congregations that don't do so well...I get that. But there are still some that do a great job. Maybe instead of using a "sour grapes" approach and falsely accuse, you should continue the search and not be caught up in your own righteousness as much....because you have none with that kind of attitude.

Reactions: marks

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've mentored countless new believers and, to my my knowledge, have never lost a single person to this issue. Some are more technical-minded (like myself—who had little or no mentoring) and are more difficult to reassure but, in the end, the Spirit is willing, even where the flesh is weak. ;)

:hearteyes:
I will send you where the changes affect the pillars trying to clearly take them out or make it hard to proclaim them, so its done with a intent, its not accidental. I can't do much on my tablet as not used to it, but should get home by the weekend to send you the texts and doctrines affected...

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The reason for my misspellings is because of too many languages running around in my head. Mostly koine Greek, early Latin, Aramaic, Hebrew, Slovak, French, Italian, Spanish and etc. Absolutely destroyed my ability to spell anything anymore. My head can't hold it all.

Some of the most modern Bibles I simply don't trust as well as ones done a few years ago....but that's just me.
Any Bible can be used to ascertain the truth if you have a good Interlinear and Concordance….I have learned so much about Bible translation from these resources. I have discovered blatant mistranslation to support Christendom’s doctrines and I have discovered many instances where the translation was worded to suggest something they never said, just in the way it was phrased….again to support man-made doctrines.
You have a strange notion concerning modern churches. You couldn't have gone to one and said the things you have said. There are still good ones out there even if YOU have not found one.
It’s not the people in the churches that I had issue with….though for some it was more of a duty than a privilege…..it was the doctrines they all supported when the Bible didn’t even suggest what the church wanted people to believe.
Not only that, but I have a firm belief that God’s spirit unites his worshippers, it does not divide them. That being said, even when I tried other churches, those core beliefs were all still there, just under a different banner…..in Christianity, there is no such things as denominations……these are divisions in the church and they are evidence of the absence of God’s uniting spirit.

Does God speak with a forked tongue?…or is that the other “god” who is vying for our worship, whose lies go all the way back to Eden?
Meaning at best you gave limp wristed efforts to find one.
I assure you my excursions into religion were extensive because I was determined to find the God I always knew was there, but was so badly misrepresented in the church system….all I saw in church hierarchy was “Pharisees”….all talk and not much action in obedience to the teachings of the Christ.

Let me give some examples that were obvious to me…..being “no part of the world” and “friendship with the world”….both condemned in God’s word, because of who is ruling it. (John 17:16; James 4:4 2 Cor 4:3-4; 1 John 5:19) Red flags should go up when you see the clergy rubbing shoulders with politicians and currying friendships with the world via support for their politics, wars and bloodshed.
A glaring example of this was the Second World War where we saw ”Christians” of the same denomination killing their brothers of another nation in A war over politics. Will the real Christians please stand up! (1 John 4:20-21) Churches were used as recruiting stations and clergy accompanied the troops to the battlefield, pacifying the soldiers whose conscience might have bothered them when taking the lives of others who were there doing exactly what they were.

There is nothing in this world that should motivate any Christian to kill their own brothers, or anyone else for that matter (Romans 12:17-21) ……the real Christians were in prison as conscientious objectors.

Having the national flag in pride of place alongside the cross in church buildings…..when the saluting of the flag is classed as an act of worship to your nation. We pledge allegiance to God and his Kingdom…not to any worldly nation who was never given their land by God, but stolen from others by conquest and bloodshed.
Saluting the flag is an act of idolatry….it is an image representing your country and its national pride. A true Christian has no nationality…..”there is no Jew or Greek…all are one in Christ”.

The Pharisees were accused of hypocrisy and apostasy by Jesus who condemned them to “Gehenna”….eternal death. The heirarchy of the various church systems are following in wicked footsteps if they think that currying favor with the world will get them “Brownie Points” with God.
Sure there are church congregations that don't do so well...I get that. But there are still some that do a great job.
If they are teaching Christendom’s lies as truth because they have been taught at some theological college that what the RCC started is what Christ taught.….they have never done any research on the origins of their beliefs.
There are many good people in churches around the world….but God never said he was just looking for “good” people. Many “good people” are fine humanitarians or genuine ecologists trying to save people and the planet from other humans……but many of them are avowed atheists.
God, at the outset, indicated that goodness was a requirement as those who are made in his image….but the primary quality he is searching for is obedience….it is all he has ever asked of his worshippers.
Maybe instead of using a "sour grapes" approach and falsely accuse, you should continue the search and not be caught up in your own righteousness as much....because you have none with that kind of attitude.
There are no sour grapes here…..just a plea to those who care that the devil has done a wonderful job at taking Christianity completely off the rails….just as he did with Judaism…they are mirror images of one another, except that Christendom has more sects than she can count right now….where is the unity of thought and spirit promoted by the apostles? (Cor 1:10) Read Jesus’ parable of the “wheat and the weeds” and see for yourself if it does not fit church history to a tee. (Matt 13:24-30; 36-42)

It might help if I told you that I chose to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses after two years of careful study..…these were the only ones who saw through the facade that Christendom puts up to disguise her real identity…..the divided church system is the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable and the “many” traveling the superhighway to destruction are her various denominations…..oblivious, because they trust the ones who were never trustworthy to begin with.

”Few” will be found on the road to life… (Matt 7:13-14)….and none of them will uphold any of the beliefs formulated by Christendom’s churches, with the old lies she has promoted for centuries.
JW’s were the only ones who were out in the “field” searching for the lost sheep as Jesus instructed. (Matt 10:11-14)
They were the only ones who knew what the kingdom of God was, and what it was going to do for redeemed mankind. They were not fixated on going to heaven because they discerned that a chosen “few” will have that privilege…..not the majority. (Rev 21:2-4)
They were in prison as conscientious objectors for refusing to shed blood for their governments. They have been the brunt of opposition and persecution for many decades, mainly by the churches because they do what Jesus did, and expose them as frauds and hypocrites. (John 15:18-21)

The truth can be confronting, but not to those “drawn” by God to the true teachings of his son. (John 6:44; 65)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The definition of "Easter" is the day Jesus rose from the dead. The Bible tells us that Jesus rose from the dead.

I can find nothing about any rabbits in the Bible, though I'm guessing there were two on Noah's ark.

I can't remember anyone hiding any eggs in the Bible, though I'm not aware of any rules that say we can't hide eggs.
LOL
I think the bible calls them coneys:
Deu 14:7
Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore they are unclean unto you.

And I think it was Job who liked salt on his eggs:
Job 6:6
Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg?

And since when do rabbits have eggs?
Why do we lie to our children?

hugs

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL
I think the bible calls them coneys:
Deu 14:7
Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore they are unclean unto you.

And I think it was Job who liked salt on his eggs:
Job 6:6
Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg?

And since when do rabbits have eggs?
Why do we lie to our children?

hugs
I can't remember anyone every telling me that rabbits lay eggs.

Reactions: Ziggy

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any Bible can be used to ascertain the truth if you have a good Interlinear and Concordance….I have learned so much about Bible translation from these resources. I have discovered blatant mistranslation to support Christendom’s doctrines and I have discovered many instances where the translation was worded to suggest something they never said, just in the way it was phrased….again to support man-made doctrines.

It’s not the people in the churches that I had issue with….though for some it was more of a duty than a privilege…..it was the doctrines they all supported when the Bible didn’t even suggest what the church wanted people to believe.
Not only that, but I have a firm belief that God’s spirit unites his worshippers, it does not divide them. That being said, even when I tried other churches, those core beliefs were all still there, just under a different banner…..in Christianity, there is no such things as denominations……these are divisions in the church and they are evidence of the absence of God’s uniting spirit.

Does God speak with a forked tongue?…or is that the other “god” who is vying for our worship, whose lies go all the way back to Eden?

I assure you my excursions into religion were extensive because I was determined to find the God I always knew was there, but was so badly misrepresented in the church system….all I saw in church hierarchy was “Pharisees”….all talk and not much action in obedience to the teachings of the Christ.

Let me give some examples that were obvious to me…..being “no part of the world” and “friendship with the world”….both condemned in God’s word, because of who is ruling it. (John 17:16; James 4:4 2 Cor 4:3-4; 1 John 5:19) Red flags should go up when you see the clergy rubbing shoulders with politicians and currying friendships with the world via support for their politics, wars and bloodshed.
A glaring example of this was the Second World War where we saw ”Christians” of the same denomination killing their brothers of another nation in A war over politics. Will the real Christians please stand up! (1 John 4:20-21) Churches were used as recruiting stations and clergy accompanied the troops to the battlefield, pacifying the soldiers whose conscience might have bothered them when taking the lives of others who were there doing exactly what they were.

There is nothing in this world that should motivate any Christian to kill their own brothers, or anyone else for that matter (Romans 12:17-21) ……the real Christians were in prison as conscientious objectors.

Having the national flag in pride of place alongside the cross in church buildings…..when the saluting of the flag is classed as an act of worship to your nation. We pledge allegiance to God and his Kingdom…not to any worldly nation who was never given their land by God, but stolen from others by conquest and bloodshed.
Saluting the flag is an act of idolatry….it is an image representing your country and its national pride. A true Christian has no nationality…..”there is no Jew or Greek…all are one in Christ”.

The Pharisees were accused of hypocrisy and apostasy by Jesus who condemned them to “Gehenna”….eternal death. The heirarchy of the various church systems are following in wicked footsteps if they think that currying favor with the world will get them “Brownie Points” with God.

If they are teaching Christendom’s lies as truth because they have been taught at some theological college that what the RCC started is what Christ taught.….they have never done any research on the origins of their beliefs.
There are many good people in churches around the world….but God never said he was just looking for “good” people. Many “good people” are fine humanitarians or genuine ecologists trying to save people and the planet from other humans……but many of them are avowed atheists.
God, at the outset, indicated that goodness was a requirement as those who are made in his image….but the primary quality he is searching for is obedience….it is all he has ever asked of his worshippers.

There are no sour grapes here…..just a plea to those who care that the devil has done a wonderful job at taking Christianity completely off the rails….just as he did with Judaism…they are mirror images of one another, except that Christendom has more sects than she can count right now….where is the unity of thought and spirit promoted by the apostles? (Cor 1:10) Read Jesus’ parable of the “wheat and the weeds” and see for yourself if it does not fit church history to a tee. (Matt 13:24-30; 36-42)

It might help if I told you that I chose to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses after two years of careful study..…these were the only ones who saw through the facade that Christendom puts up to disguise her real identity…..the divided church system is the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable and the “many” traveling the superhighway to destruction are her various denominations…..oblivious, because they trust the ones who were never trustworthy to begin with.

”Few” will be found on the road to life… (Matt 7:13-14)….and none of them will uphold any of the beliefs formulated by Christendom’s churches, with the old lies she has promoted for centuries.
JW’s were the only ones who were out in the “field” searching for the lost sheep as Jesus instructed. (Matt 10:11-14)
They were the only ones who knew what the kingdom of God was, and what it was going to do for redeemed mankind. They were not fixated on going to heaven because they discerned that a chosen “few” will have that privilege…..not the majority. (Rev 21:2-4)
They were in prison as conscientious objectors for refusing to shed blood for their governments. They have been the brunt of opposition and persecution for many decades, mainly by the churches because they do what Jesus did, and expose them as frauds and hypocrites. (John 15:18-21)

The truth can be confronting, but not to those “drawn” by God to the true teachings of his son. (John 6:44; 65)
Very true but some of these new versions make it harder to see what is being said and even purposely shade it or hide it altogether. Let me go over my notes and go over a few..

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a look at this comparison of a few verses on key doctrines in the King James Version versus the RSV and NIV....

1 John 5:7
Removal of the Trinity
KJV---For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one.
RSV---For there are three that testify the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost
NIV---( missing )

Romans 1:3
Systematic removal of the divinity of Jesus Christ
KJV---Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
RSV--- concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,
NIV---regarding his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,

Acts 22:16
Systematic removal of the divinity of Jesus Christ
KJV---wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord
RSV---and wash away thy sins, calling on his name.
NIV---wash your sins away, calling on his name.

In the new RSV/ NIV the following is completely missing so its message has just been wiped out:

Matt 17:21
Matt 18:11
Matt 23:14
Mark 7:16
Mark 9:44
Mark 9:46
Mark 11:26
Mark 15:28
Luke 17:36
Luke 23:17
John 5:4
Acts 8:37
Acts 15:34
Acts 28:29
Romans 16:24

Now compare this one to the NIV or many of the modern versions...
Revelation 1:11King James Version
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Compare....
ASV
saying, What thou seest, write in a book and send it to the seven churches: unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamum, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
AMP
saying, “Write on a scroll what you see [in this revelation], and send it to the seven churches—to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
CSB
saying, “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
CEB
It said, “Write down on a scroll whatever you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
CJB
saying, “Write down what you see on a scroll, and send it to the seven Messianic communities — Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea!”
CEV
The voice said, “Write in a book what you see. Then send it to the seven churches in Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”.........(cont)

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DARBY
saying, What thou seest write in a book, and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.
DLNT
saying “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches— to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea”.
DRA
Saying: What thou seest, write in a book, and send to the seven churches which are in Asia, to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamus, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.
ERV
It said, “Write down in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
EASY
The voice said: ‘When you see these things, write them in a book. Then you must send the book to the seven churches in these cities: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea.’
EHV
saying, “Write what you see on a scroll and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
ESV
saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
ESVUK
saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
EXB
The voice said, “Write what you see in a ·book [scroll] and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea [C locations in western Asia Minor, present-day Turkey].”
GW
saying, “Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
GNT
It said, “Write down what you see, and send the book to the churches in these seven cities: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
HCSB
saying, “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
ICB
The voice said, “Write what you see and send that book to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
ISV
saying, “Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
LSB
saying, “Write in a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
LEB
saying, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
MOUNCE
saying, “Write what you see on a scroll and send it to the seven churches—to Ephesus, · Smyrna, · Pergamum, · Thyatira, · Sardis, · Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
NOG
NABRE
which said, “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
NASB
saying, “Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
NASB1995
saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
NCB
that said, “Write down on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven Churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.
NCV
The voice said, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
NET
saying: “Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches—to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
NIRV
The voice said, “Write on a scroll what you see. Send it to the seven churches in Asia Minor. They are Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”.... (cont)

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NIV
which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”
NIVUK
which said: ‘Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.’
NKJV
saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
NLT
It said, “Write in a book everything you see, and send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
NRSVA
saying, ‘Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamum, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.’
NRSVACE
saying, ‘Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamum, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.’
NRSVCE
saying, “Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamum, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
NRSVUE
saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamum, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
NTFE
“Write down what you see in a book,” it said, “and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”
RSV
saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Per′gamum and to Thyati′ra and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to La-odice′a.”
RSVCE
saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Per′gamum and to Thyati′ra and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to La-odice′a.”
TLV
saying, “Write what you see in a scroll, and send it to Messiah’s seven communities—to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
WEB
saying,“What you see, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
WE
The voice said, `Write what you see in a book. Send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.'
WYC
saying to me, Write thou in a book that thing that thou seest [saying, That thing that thou seest, write in a book], and send to the seven churches that be in Asia; to Ephesus, [and] to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.

Look at what it says in Youngs Literal Translation..
Revelation 1:11 Young's Literal Translation
11 `I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last;' and, `What thou dost see, write in a scroll, and send to the seven assemblies that [are] in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.'

So clearly its in there, so why would they take it out, lets look as we find it in Isaiah for the Lord or Jehovah..

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

It relates again to the divinity of Christ and if they could take out all the verses proclaiming this in Revelation they would have...
Revelation they would have...

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now lets take a closer look a the Minority Text, also known as the Alexandrian Texts because they were from the few manuscripts produced in Alexandria in Egypt.

"..The Minority Texts were rejected by the early Christians and also by all the Protestant Reformers of the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries. The Reformers, who were well aware of the existence of
the Minority Texts, considered them unfit for translation purposes.

It is believed that the Minority Texts were butchered by Egyptian gnosticism with many changes, which are mostly deletions. The gnostics were a group that did not believe:
In the virgin birth, that Jesus was the Son of God, that Jesus was resurrected to heaven, that Jesus was the Creator, or that Jesus made atonement for our sins. There are many alterations in the Minority Texts, often a single manuscript being amended by several different scribes over a period of many years.

The Minority Texts omit approximately 200 versus from the Scriptures. This is equivalent to omitting First and Second Peter. The Minority Texts contradict themselves in hundreds of places...."

http://endtimeoutreach.com/whichbible.html
Here is some more background on the corruption of the Minority Text from another site....

"...almost all modern English bibles translated since 1898 are based on the Minority Text (this includes the New American Standard Bible, the New International Version, the Living Bible, the New Revised Standard Version, the New World Translation, the New Century Version, the Good News Bible, etc.). These bible versions are only supported by about five of the over 5,000 manuscripts in existence, or about .1% of all manuscripts, which is why it's also known as the "Minority text.".

The two most prominent manuscripts of the Minority Texts are the Vaticanus and the Sinaiticus....These Minority Texts frequently disagreed with each other as well as with the Majority Text, and also contained many obvious and flagrant mistakes. Up until the late 1800s, the Minority Texts were utterly rejected by Christians.

The fact that these two manuscripts may have been older does not prove they are better. More likely it indicates that they were set aside because of their numerous errors....

The Vaticanus, which is the sole property of the Roman Catholic Church, and the Sinaiticus, are both known to be overwhelmed with errors. Words and whole phrases are repeated twice in succession or completely omitted, while the entire manuscript has had the text mutilated by some person or persons who ran over every letter with a pen making exact identification of many of the characters impossible...."

"...One of the manuscripts that make up the Minority Text is the Vaticanus. The Vaticanus was found in 1481 in the Vatican library. The other manuscript is the Sinaiticus. The Sinaiticus was found in 1844 in a trash pile at Saint Catherine's monastery, and rescued from a long (and well-deserved) obscurity. It has a great number of omissions and has many words and phrases marked out and re-written. Both of these manuscripts are from Roman Catholic origin...."
http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/nt_manuscripts.html

and it just goes on and on....

"...The Vaticanus Manuscript (B)
The Vaticanus manuscript was found in the Vatican library in 1481. It was rejected by the King James Translators because it was very corrupt and unreliable. The following portions of Scripture are missing from the Vaticanus: Genesis 1:1-46; 28; Psalms 106-138; Matthew 16:2-3; Mark 16:9-20; The Pastoral Epistles (1 & 2 Timothy and Titus) and everything after Hebrews 9:14. These were intentional omissions because the manuscript was found in excellent condition with no pieces missing. In the Gospels it leaves out 237 words, 452 clauses, and 748 whole sentences. These omissions were intentional since there was room left on pages to write these in. The Vaticanus manuscript was written on expensive Vellum and was in good condition when found which means that the missing areas were not due to missing sections but intentional omission.

The Sinaiticus Manuscript (a) Aleph
The major characteristic of this manuscript is that it is a literary mess. There are mistakes, erasures, sentences written on top of other sentences plus many words are omitted. It contains nearly all the New Testament, the Apocryphal Books plus two other false books, The Shepherd of Hermes...."

So how do you find out if your Bible version is based on the distorted Alexandrian manuscripts or Minority Text, simple.
Look for Acts 8:37, if your version is missing it, then it is from the Gnostic Alexandrian manuscripts which tried to take out the divinity of Christ in their changed text. Here is the text..

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I could go on with all my notes, but everyone starts to a glaze after the first page or two and dont want to see more after 3, so just one point for now. I came across a poster who asked me about the claimed insertion of the so-called Johannine Comma in the KJV in 1 John 5:7, which he said should read, "For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement" (1 John 5:7-8 NASB).

Also the NIV has, "For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement" (1 John 5:7-8 NIV).

Here is my answer I gave him...

I don't think it is a insertion, just because the early manuscripts wore out or more likely destroyed by persecution or invasion doesn't mean the later Alexandrian influenced African manuscripts or Latin ones have the correct text. Then we have the following...

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Which lines right up...

1 John 5:7
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The Bible has to be read precept upon precept; line upon line, here a little, and there a little then we get to the whole truth, and God is glorified.

Now lets look at what history shows, we find mention of 1 John 5:7, from about 200 AD through the 1500s. Here is references to this verse:
200 AD Tertullian quoted the verse in his Apology, Against Praxeas
250 AD Cyprian of Carthage, wrote, "And again, of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost it is written: "And the three are One" in his On The Lapsed, On the Novatians, (see note for Old Latin)
350 AD Priscillian referred to it [Corpus Scriptorum Ecclesiasticorum Latinorum, Academia Litterarum Vindobonensis, vol. xviii, p. 6.]
350 AD Idacius Clarus referred to it [Patrilogiae Cursus Completus, Series Latina by Migne, vol. 62, col. 359.]
350 AD Athanasius referred to it in his De Incarnatione
398 AD Aurelius Augustine used it to defend Trinitarianism in De Trinitate against the heresy of Sabellianism
415 AD Council of Carthage appealed to 1 John 5:7 when debating the Arian belief (Arians didn't believe in the deity of Jesus Christ)
450-530 AD Several orthodox African writers quoted the verse when defending the doctrine of the Trinity against the gainsaying of the Vandals. These writers are:
A) Vigilius Tapensis in "Three Witnesses in Heaven"
B) Victor Vitensis in his Historia persecutionis [Corpus Scriptorum Ecclesiasticorum Latinorum, Academia Litterarum Vindobonensis, vol. vii, p. 60.]
C) Fulgentius in "The Three Heavenly Witnesses" [Patrilogiae Cursus Completus, Series Latina by Migne, vol. 65, col. 500.]
500 AD Cassiodorus cited it [Patrilogiae Cursus Completus, Series Latina by Migne, vol. 70, col. 1373.]
550 AD Old Latin ms r has it
550 AD The "Speculum" has it [The Speculum is a treatise that contains some good Old Latin scriptures.]
750 AD Wianburgensis referred to it
800 AD Jerome's Vulgate has it [It was not in Jerome's original Vulgate, but was brought in about 800 AD from good Old Latin manuscripts.]
1000s AD miniscule 635 has it
1150 AD minuscule ms 88 in the margin
1300s AD miniscule 629 has it
157-1400 AD Waldensian (that is, Vaudois) Bibles have the verse
1500 AD ms 61 has the verse
Even Nestle's 26th edition Greek New Testament, based upon the corrupt Alexandrian text, admits that these and other important manuscripts have the verse: 221 v.l.; 2318 Vulgate [Claromontanus]; 629; 61; 88; 429 v.l.; 636 v.l.; 918; l; r.

Does this text affect the divinity of Christ and His place in the Godhead, I would say yes...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't remember anyone every telling me that rabbits lay eggs.
Easter eggs are an ancient Christian tradition.

The Easter Egg tradition comes NOT from pagan bunnies ot fertility gods - nut from the ancient traditions surrounding the Lenten Season. Meat was not the only thing that was abstained from in the Early Church during Lent. For the Catechumens awaiting Baptism and entry into the Church - Eggs and ALL Dairy products were also abstained from. This is where we get the tradition of the Shrove Tuesday dinner of pancakes. They would use up all of their eggs and dairy prior to Ash Wednesday and make pancakes.

On Easter - eggs were painted RED - the traditional color of the Holy Spirit and happily feasted upon by those who abstained.

If you don't believe me - the Greek Orthodox still cling to this practice. In the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding - there is a scene where they are having Easter dinner and the girl, Toula picks up an RED egg along with her father and they crack them together. She says to him, "Cristos anesti (Christ is risen)", and he replies, "Alithos anesti" (He us truly risen)."

If people just stopped and did some homework instead of inventing all of these fanciful fairy tales about the Church - we would probably ALL get along better . . .

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Traditions have an origin…..a man-made origin. What did Jesus say about the adopted “traditions“ of the Pharisees? These claimed to worship the true God too….
Matt 15:7-9…
”You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: 8 ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”

Man made traditions, given a “Christian” facade, do not make them acceptable to God.…they made the worship of the Jews a “vain“ pursuit. “The commands of men” can never be true doctrines.
On Easter - eggs were painted RED - the traditional color of the Holy Spirit and happily feasted upon by those who abstained.
Where is that stated in the Bible? Easter and it’s “eggs” are not of Biblical origin at all….it comes from adopted pagan celebrations, along with all its traditions.
Red is the devil’s color….the wild beast is scarlet colored, and is ridden by the harlot in Revelation 17:3-6.
She sits astride this beast confidently believing that she will never suffer harm, but inexplicably, without warning, the beast turns on her and completely destroys her……this is the end of false religion forever.

1711573546374.png

…and also the colors “purple and scarlet” feature in his counterfeit religion…..

1711572966448.png 1711573023419.png 1711574067583.png
Where would we find Jesus or his apostles dressed like this? And in the presence of idols?
This is man made religion….the priesthood of Christ was not to be served on earth…it is served in heaven.
Those chosen for the heavenly priesthood knew that there was never going to be another earthly temple and that they would serve redeemed mankind from heaven. What Jesus left us were humble shepherds….never anything like this.
If people just stopped and did some homework instead of inventing all of these fanciful fairy tales about the Church - we would probably ALL get along better . . .
Indeed….some homework is needed to counteract the falsehood being promoted by an apostate church trying to cover up her pagan traditions by giving them a “Christian“ label.
God is not fooled for a moment.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Easter Egg tradition comes NOT from pagan bunnies ot fertility gods - nut from the ancient traditions surrounding the Lenten Season. Meat was not the only thing that was abstained from in the Early Church during Lent. For the Catechumens awaiting Baptism and entry into the Church - Eggs and ALL Dairy products were also abstained from. This is where we get the tradition of the Shrove Tuesday dinner of pancakes. They would use up all of their eggs and dairy prior to Ash Wednesday and make pancakes.

If you don't believe me - the Greek Orthodox still cling to this practice. In the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding - there is a scene where they are having Easter dinner and the girl, Toula picks up an RED egg along with her father and they crack them together. She says to him, "Cristos anesti (Christ is risen)", and he replies, "Alithos anesti" (He us truly risen)."

I've got no problem with Easter eggs.

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ostara marks the Spring Equinox, which happens between March 19 -23. Ostara is a pagan celebration of the German goddess of dawn (Eostre) and the origins of the Christian celebration of Easter.

Hares and eggs and all the rest of it can be checked here--> Ēostre - Wikipedia

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've got no problem with Easter eggs.
A lot of people have no problem with “Easter eggs”.....or with “Easter” at all.....and that in itself says a lot because we know the origin of these supposedly “Christian” celebrations and that goes against everything the Scriptures teach about fusing God’s truth with the devil’s counterfeit religions.

2 Cor 6:14-18...
“Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” 18 “‘And I will become a father to you, and you will become sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah, the Almighty.

If we want God to accept us as his “sons and daughters”...we better not be caught celebrating paganism dressed up as “Christianity”. It does not “Christianize” the paganism, but “paganizes” the Christianity. Pagan traditions introduced long ago, render worthless worship to a God who tolerates no compromise with the devil....there is to be “no sharing”.

If we are not to “touch” what is spiritually “unclean” to God, then who can we blame if he decides we are disobedient and rebellious children who are not worthy to be called his own? It’s not about what is acceptable to us.....it’s about what is acceptable to God.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the Wycliffe Bible or Tyndale's, or the Geneva Bible. Are they all 'inerrant', they are all written by men who were inspired, but men still. Only the Ten Commandments can be called 'inerrant' as that was written by God with His own finger.
the most accurate bibles are them versions , including the KJV .
so what if one writer put the word easter there instead of passover .
I mean he probably did it cause that was what the modern churches had long called it .
If it were I , i would have put passover . BUT the KJV IS ACCURATE .
Who cares . I dont even use the word easter and rather try and always say passover .
But some folks still say easter . I would just advise them
to TAKE THE PAGAN pratices out . Its kinda like CHRISTMAS .
I have no problem with the celebration of the remembrance of His birth .
BUT YOU WONT SEE ME PUTTING NO PAGAN INTO IT .
Now lift those hands , HOBIE , it be LORD praising time .

Reactions: Marvelloustime