Jesus YIELDED up his spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are told to not do as those WITHOUT THE SPRIT, by keeping ourselves IN THE LOVE OF GOD.

Jesus kept the Fathers commandments, to abide in HIs love.
We are in different levels of spiritual understanding.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
We are in different levels of spiritual understanding.
Jesus shows the way, what way are you showing ?

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those witHout the Spirit are WITHOUT FRUIT.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
No....the fruit of Jesus are being brought to fruition by the power of the Spirit who indwells our spirit.

The Spirit produces Jesus fruit in us, we are being made into Jesus image...

We are not the fruit bearer, The Spirit in us is , plus we bear Jesus fruit in Gods timing...we wouldn’t know how to bear Jesus fruit without the the Holy Spirit softening our heart, to submit to the will of God.

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
There is no Spiritual understanding unless this:

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
No....the fruit of Jesus are being brought to fruition by the power of the Spirit who indwells our spirit.

The Spirit produces Jesus fruit in us, we are being made into Jesus image...

We are not the fruit bearer, The Spirit in us is , plus we bear Jesus fruit in Gods timing...we wouldn’t know how to bear Jesus fruit with the Holy Spirit softening our heart, to submit to the will of God.
Keeping the commandments is not in time, it is done by Christ as an example to follow and do. ( to abide in HIs love)

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no Spiritual understanding unless this:

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
There is no spiritual understanding unless one has been Born Again...the Holy Spirit must..” Spirit gives birth to spirit..

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Keeping the commandments is not in time, it is done by Christ as an example to follow and do. ( to abide in HIs love)

Sorry, you must be Born Again, then we are Gods spiritual children.

That is the Living word of God.

Everything is in Gods timing..including becoming Born Of The Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your addressing is to not acknowledge how Christ abides in the love of the Father. ( as He said, by keeping the Fathers commandments, as we are told to do the same.)
Work based.

Born Again are under grace.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The antichrist denies, and cant acknowledge, this is what it is.

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Sorry, you must be Born Again, then we are Gods spiritual children.

That is the Living word of God.

Everything is in Gods timing..including becoming Born Of The Spirit.
Christ kept the Fathers commandments to abide in HIs love, this way..

John 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
So far you excuse why to not do as Christ did, and the reason He did them sayings of the Father.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What Spirit to do different to Christ, but the antichrist ?
Already addressed, we are just going round in circles...I don’t agree with any of your theology...you sound extremely confused...

Until you address the word that I have posted..I will not be answering any more of “ you” posts, they make no sense to me, goodbye.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
John 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Already addressed, we are just going round in circles...I don’t agree with any of your theology.

Until you address the word that I have posted..I will not be answering any more of “ you” posts, they make no sense to me, goodbye.
Jesus doing as the Father gave commandment is not theology or works based doctrine, it is fact, and He did it so we follow please God and live.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ kept the Fathers commandments to abide in HIs love, this way..

John 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
You teach work based salvation...

Bye, bye, not wasting any more time going back and forth.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
All you did was confirm this:

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.