• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Where is the disputer ?

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me give you an earthly analogy.

When a person is appointed to represent his country as an ambassador by the president, to another country, doesn't he represent (mouthpiece, as you will) for his president and country?? Same idea with God and Jesus, see that??

To God Be the Glory
Have no idea what this has to do with being "birthed into Gods spirit"

My Spirit was born again, Regenerated. made alive in Christ. It was not birthed into his spirit. I have no idea what that means
Can you expound to us the meaning of the term "being born again of water and Spirit" and why you called it nonsense? Thanks.
I was born again, Do you even know what it means to be born again?

That which is born of flesh (water) is flesh, that which is born in spirit (spirit) is spirit.

To be born again is to be born a second time. The first time is our physical birth, the second time is our spiritual birth.

To those who have no idea about the things of God would think the things of God are gibberish. But to those who can discern the things of God would turn to John 1:12-14:

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

To God Be The Glory
lol.. Being born again is not Gibberish.

Those who receive Christ in faith are born again. Just as John 1 says, Its not rocket science. Just like those who were dead in Moses day and looked to the serpent he rose up. Those who look up to the cross will be saved (born again or given new life) and this new life is forever.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Born again are meek and lowly, or they are born again as satan was exalted up to heaven, to be thrust out.

Proverbs 27:1 Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
3 A stone is heavy, and the sand weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Luke 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

2 Corinthians 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The born again do not join in with the antichrist spirit found on these forums.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
But you are joining in with the antichrist spirits you seem to find here.
Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Thorns and thistles are what bears no fruit=forums, ( WITHOUT CHARITY) they are TEXT ONLY.

John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Colossians 3:12Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
I think he sees himself as an apostle right up there with Paul. Sad, to be sure.
Is it not those who want to hear themselves on forums who are lovers of their own selves now..

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Well it would be good to see what he actually believes. and not just him attacking everyone
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
lol.. So let me guess. Whatever you believe (I do not know even what that is right now) is true. and everyone who disagrees is not..

is that what your saying?

what is your truth?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
ok, what does this mean to you? Is this how one is born again? Does this show that those who are born again are sinless?

anyone can post a passage of scripture. does nto mean they know what it actually says