The last supper

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22 explains the truth on this. Jesus said--Keep on doing this in remembrance of me. It occurred on the night of the passover, thus once a year on the night of the passover is when it should be celebrated. Notice at verses 29-30--A special covenant it was for the ones who would sit on thrones beside Jesus in Gods kingdom(Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6) These are called-The little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed= the bride of Christ numbered at 144,000( Rev 14:3)- Only members of the little flock were present at the Lords supper. The great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold should not partake of those emblems, they go to observe out of great respect and love for Jesus and the little flock.
Why are so many teachers misleading all the flock to partake of the emblems of that special covenant? I believe it is a major sin for them to.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
thus once a year on the night of the passover is when it should be celebrated

Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple area and to breaking bread in their homes.

Ever the enemy seeks to put an end to the daily sacrifice.

Yet still is fulfilled Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

You can take your poison elsewhere, you have been exposed.

Reactions: Illuminator

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple area and to breaking bread in their homes.

The harvest work that Jesus established has proven to be unstoppable. As foretold by the prophet Malachi, the preaching work is being carried out today “from the rising of the sun to its setting.” (Mal 1:11) So, from sunrise to sunset—from east to west, no matter where they are on earth—sowers and reapers work and rejoice together. And from sunrise to sunset—from morning till evening, or all day long—we work with a sense of urgency as they were instructed... (Matt 28:19-20)
For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

What poison? God’s word? Telling the truth and exposing the lies is an obligation.

Only the elect can take the bread and the wine because only they are parties to the new covenant instituted at the last supper on the night of Jesus’ arrest. Only these have “the heavenly calling”. (Heb 3:1)
Not all of Christ’s disciples have the heavenly calling.
Paul wrote.....“to the congregation of God that is in Corinth, to you who have been sanctified in union with Christ Jesus, called to be holy ones, together with all those everywhere who are calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours”. (1 Cor 1:2)

Same “Lord” for both groups.....not all are called to be “holy ones” (or saints).

Reactions: shortangel and Keiw

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Breaking in their bread in homes has nothing to do with that covenant. The daily sacrifice is one disowning( Mark 8:34) themselves to follow Jesus and living to do his Fathers will over their own will.( Matt 7:21)- Just as Jesus did.
The last supper occurred on the night of the passover for a reason. Its the night to be remembered as Jesus asked, just like the Jewish faith remembered the passover on that night. It had special significance. And Luke 22:29-30--is clear a covenant made only with the ones who will sit on thrones beside Jesus.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Breaking in their bread in homes has nothing to do with that covenant. The daily sacrifice is one disowning( Mark 8:34) themselves to follow Jesus and living to do his Fathers will over their own will.( Matt 7:21)- Just as Jesus did.
The last supper occurred on the night of the passover for a reason. Its the night to be remembered as Jesus asked, just like the Jewish faith remembered the passover on that night. It had special significance. And Luke 22:29-30--is clear a covenant made only with the ones who will sit on thrones beside Jesus.
We've already had debates about this very issue. The bible spells out weekly breaking of bread. So most churches do it every Sunday.

Acts 20:7
Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've already had debates about this very issue. The bible spells out weekly breaking of bread. So most churches do it every Sunday.

Acts 20:7
Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.
Humans break bread daily. It says nothing about the covenant in what you posted. Assuming is never a wise thing when it comes to the bible.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans break bread daily. It says nothing about the covenant in what you posted. Assuming is never a wise thing when it comes to the bible.
Nonesense. Let me quote iforrest post in the other thread:

1 Corinthians 11:27-30
27So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonesense. Let me quote iforrest post in the other thread:

1 Corinthians 11:27-30
27So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.
Yes part of the flock is unworthy to partake-its the great crowd of other sheep-The little flock are the ones who will sit on thrones in heaven by Jesus' side. Jesus made that covenant with the little flock-Luke 22:29-30

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As foretold by the prophet Malachi, the preaching work is being carried out today “from the rising of the sun to its setting.” (Mal 1:11)

the preaching work? Where do you find that in Malachi 1:11?

Only the Eucharist fulfills this prophecy, as the Church has recognized from the very beginning...

1. On the Lord's Day of the Lord come together, break bread and hold Eucharist, after confessing your transgressions that your offering may be pure;
2. But let none who has a quarrel with his fellow join in your meeting until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice be not defiled.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord, "In every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice, for I am a great king," saith the Lord, "and my name is wonderful among the heathen."

~The Didache~

Pax et Bonum

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only the elect can take the bread and the wine because only they are parties to the new covenant instituted at the last supper on the night of Jesus’ arrest. Only these have “the heavenly calling”. (Heb 3:1)

all of the Baptised are 'the elect'., and have the right to come to the Feast!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

All are welcome, to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

Pax et Bonum

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"This cup is the new covenant in my blood"

try again, snake
Luke 22:29-30--a covenant made only to the ones who will sit on thrones= 144,000 = the little flock= the anointed=the bride of Christ--Only these are going to heaven. The great crowd is not going to heaven. Only the little flock are going to heaven to sit on thrones. You have been mislead by the real snake.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22 explains the truth on this. Jesus said--Keep on doing this in remembrance of me. It occurred on the night of the passover, thus once a year on the night of the passover is when it should be celebrated. Notice at verses 29-30--A special covenant it was for the ones who would sit on thrones beside Jesus in Gods kingdom(Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6) These are called-The little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed= the bride of Christ numbered at 144,000( Rev 14:3)- Only members of the little flock were present at the Lords supper. The great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold should not partake of those emblems, they go to observe out of great respect and love for Jesus and the little flock.
Why are so many teachers misleading all the flock to partake of the emblems of that special covenant? I believe it is a major sin for them to.
false

Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22:29-30--a covenant made only to the ones who will sit on thrones= 144,000 = the little flock= the anointed=the bride of Christ--Only these are going to heaven. The great crowd is not going to heaven. Only the little flock are going to heaven to sit on thrones. You have been mislead by the real snake.
You should be banned for your apostasy from the Gospel.

TRUE GOSPEL = John ch1 - He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

TRUE GOSPEL = I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep and My sheep know Me, just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one Shepherd.

TRUE GOSPEL = For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Reactions: Philip James

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The harvest work that Jesus established has proven to be unstoppable. As foretold by the prophet Malachi, the preaching work is being carried out today “from the rising of the sun to its setting.” (Mal 1:11) So, from sunrise to sunset—from east to west, no matter where they are on earth—sowers and reapers work and rejoice together. And from sunrise to sunset—from morning till evening, or all day long—we work with a sense of urgency as they were instructed... (Matt 28:19-20)

What poison? God’s word? Telling the truth and exposing the lies is an obligation.

Not all of Christ’s disciples have the heavenly calling.
Paul wrote.....“to the congregation of God that is in Corinth, to you who have been sanctified in union with Christ Jesus, called to be holy ones, together with all those everywhere who are calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours”. (1 Cor 1:2)

Same “Lord” for both groups.....not all are called to be “holy ones” (or saints).
Anyone can have the bread and wine. Jesus said to eat and drink to remember Him. That doesn't limit who can participate. It's not a contract.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only real to those who can understand english-Luke 22: 29-30--a covenant made to the ones who will sit on thrones=100% fact. = The little flock, not the great crowd.
i am in agreement with the LORD

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me.
To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."

Reactions: Philip James

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should be banned for your apostasy from the Gospel.

TRUE GOSPEL = John ch1 - He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

TRUE GOSPEL = I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep and My sheep know Me, just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one Shepherd.

TRUE GOSPEL = For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
True gospel--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--but you will not believe Jesus why? His real teachers taught that fact-Coll 1:3, Eph 1:3,17, 1 Cor 15:24-28--1 Peter 1:3--Another truth from Jesus you will refuse to believe= John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLYTRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--2 major truths Jesus taught there-The Father is the only true God-And the only true God did not come down here, he sent another named Jesus as a mortal. You wont believe Jesus because your translations are filled with errors that contradict his true gospel. John 4:22-24 Jesus points his true followers only to the Father. 1Cor 8:5-6--Paul tells all who God is-only the Father is named. Both spots start by saying all other Gods are false as a warning.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True gospel--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--but you will not believe Jesus why? His real teachers taught that fact-Coll 1:3, Eph 1:3,17, 1 Cor 15:24-28--1 Peter 1:3--Another truth from Jesus you will refuse to believe= John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLYTRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--2 major truths Jesus taught there-The Father is the only true God-And the only true God did not come down here, he sent another named Jesus as a mortal. You wont believe Jesus because your translations are filled with errors that contradict his true gospel. John 4:22-24 Jesus points his true followers only to the Father. 1Cor 8:5-6--Paul tells all who God is-only the Father is named. Both spots start by saying all other Gods are false as a warning.
Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.

No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.