The last supper

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.

No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
See, the error at John 1:1 has mislead billions. In the Greek lexicons( trinity religions own translating) The true God is called-Ho Theos in the second line, plain Theos to the word in the last line. To show a difference from God to god. The only word in Greek for either God or god is Theos. When the true God is mentioned in the same paragraph with one called god-he was called Ho Theos to show the difference. It is that way at 2 Cor 4:4, the only other spot in the NT where that occurs.
If the word were God-then your second line in simple english reads-And God was with God---that is impossible, there is only 1 God.
It takes believing Jesus over translating errors. Few will, probably the reason Jesus teaches-FEW will find the road that leads off into life.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True gospel--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--but you will not believe Jesus why? His real teachers taught that fact-Coll 1:3, Eph 1:3,17, 1 Cor 15:24-28--1 Peter 1:3--Another truth from Jesus you will refuse to believe= John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLYTRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--2 major truths Jesus taught there-The Father is the only true God-And the only true God did not come down here, he sent another named Jesus as a mortal. You wont believe Jesus because your translations are filled with errors that contradict his true gospel. John 4:22-24 Jesus points his true followers only to the Father. 1Cor 8:5-6--Paul tells all who God is-only the Father is named. Both spots start by saying all other Gods are false as a warning.
Thank You for your post

"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist.
And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist."

i think you missed something here in 1 Cor 8:5-6
See, the error at John 1:1 has mislead billions. In the Greek lexicons( trinity religions own translating) The true God is called-Ho Theos in the second line, plain Theos to the word in the last line. To show a difference from God to god. The only word in Greek for either God or god is Theos. When the true God is mentioned in the same paragraph with one called god-he was called Ho Theos to show the difference. It is that way at 2 Cor 4:4, the only other spot in the NT where that occurs.
If the word were God-then your second line in simple english reads-And God was with God---that is impossible, there is only 1 God.
It takes believing Jesus over translating errors. Few will, probably the reason Jesus teaches-FEW will find the road that leads off into life.

1 Cor 8:5-6 says it all.

Yet there is a whole lot more in Scripture beginning in Genesis

Have you looked closely at Genesis 1:1-3 and compared it to John chapter 1

In Genesis 1:1-3 is:
a.) God/Elohim=Plural b.) Word c.) Spirit

The Apostle John in chapter 1 of the Gospel declares 3x Word + Word with God + Word was God
John has 3 Persons that are EQUAL/Echad = God/Father + Word/Son + Holy Spirit

the TRUE LIVING GOD has no other gods with HIM = Isaiah 45:21-22

there is no other God besides Me,
A just God and a Savior;
There is none besides Me.

“Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.

the Hebrew word for God is Elohim = plural = literal translation is Gods plural
It is written in structure as singular because FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT are ONE GOD
the Hebrew word for one is 'echad' which means a unified one = have more then one part but consisting as ONE in Equality/Inseparable

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You for your post

"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist.
And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist."

i think you missed something here in 1 Cor 8:5-6

1 Cor 8:5-6 says it all.

Yet there is a whole lot more in Scripture beginning in Genesis

Have you looked closely at Genesis 1:1-3 and compared it to John chapter 1

In Genesis 1:1-3 is:
a.) God/Elohim=Plural b.) Word c.) Spirit

The Apostle John in chapter 1 of the Gospel declares 3x Word + Word with God + Word was God
John has 3 Persons that are EQUAL/Echad = God/Father + Word/Son + Holy Spirit

the TRUE LIVING GOD has no other gods with HIM = Isaiah 45:21-22

there is no other God besides Me,
A just God and a Savior;
There is none besides Me.

“Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.

the Hebrew word for God is Elohim = plural = literal translation is Gods plural
It is written in structure as singular because FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT are ONE GOD
the Hebrew word for one is 'echad' which means a unified one = have more then one part but consisting as ONE in Equality/Inseparable
The Hebrews say in their language-Elohim is not plural for the true God. It translates-The supreme one or the mighty one.
Right--Yhwh(Jehovah) said--there is no other God beside me--not we.
Jesus would have lied at John 17:3 if God were a trinity. We know he did not lie.
And 1 Cor 8:6 is literal about who God is, only the Father is named as God--Your confusion comes because Jesus is called Lord there. But- In the OT Every spot-GOD or LORD all capitols is the tetragramoton actually belongs=YHWH--Wicked men removed Gods name and replaced it with titles, they did it by satans will to mislead. God put his name in those spots because he wants it there. So actually God is not called LORD in all those spots.
Your translations are loaded with errors to fit false council teachings, they contradict Jesus every step. Like the capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1--do you understand the significance of that small error? Billions mislead throughout history. Billions mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hebrews say in their language-Elohim is not plural for the true God. It translates-The supreme one or the mighty one.
Right--Yhwh(Jehovah) said--there is no other God beside me--not we.
Jesus would have lied at John 17:3 if God were a trinity. We know he did not lie.
And 1 Cor 8:6 is literal about who God is, only the Father is named as God--Your confusion comes because Jesus is called Lord there. But- In the OT Every spot-GOD or LORD all capitols is the tetragramoton actually belongs=YHWH--Wicked men removed Gods name and replaced it with titles, they did it by satans will to mislead. God put his name in those spots because he wants it there. So actually God is not called LORD in all those spots.
Your translations are loaded with errors to fit false council teachings, they contradict Jesus every step. Like the capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1--do you understand the significance of that small error? Billions mislead throughout history. Billions mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily.
Elohim is ABSOLUTELY Plural = even the two Chabad rabbis that i am friends with say it is plural.

And God
אֱלֹהִ֖ים (’ĕ·lō·hîm)
Noun - masculine plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: 1) (plural) 1a) rulers, judges 1b) divine ones 1c) angels 1d) gods 2) (plural intensive-singular meaning) 2a) god, goddess 2b) godlike one 2c) works or special possessions of God 2d) the (true) God

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Philip James said:
the preaching work? Where do you find that in Malachi 1:11?
“For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the Gentiles, saith Jehovah of hosts.” (CJB)

Please tell me when Jehovah’s name was going to be great among the Gentiles? Wasn’t it because the Jews were failing to respect their God or obeying his laws. Jews hated Gentiles viewing them as spiritually unclean in their worship of false gods.
How was Jehovah’s name made great among the Gentiles? It was through the preaching work of Jesus and his disciples. (Matt 28:19-20; Matt 24:14)

Only the Eucharist fulfills this prophecy, as the Church has recognized from the very beginning...

1. On the Lord's Day of the Lord come together, break bread and hold Eucharist, after confessing your transgressions that your offering may be pure;
2. But let none who has a quarrel with his fellow join in your meeting until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice be not defiled.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord, "In every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice, for I am a great king," saith the Lord, "and my name is wonderful among the heathen."
Where did this quote come from? There is no “Eucharist” ever mentioned in the Bible. It is “Catholic”, not scriptural. Transubstantiation is not taught in the Bible.

Coming together to break bread is what the Jews did on a regular basis at ordinary meal times. It is not what replaced the Passover as when Jesus inaugurated the new covenant at his last Passover meal. Different reference altogether.v

The Passover was a yearly commemoration and what Jesus instituted on the night of his arrest, was also a yearly commemoration of the death of our Lord. He was the “Passover Lamb” who was to “take away the sin of the whole world”.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elohim is ABSOLUTELY Plural = even the two Chabad rabbis that i am friends with say it is plural.

And God
אֱלֹהִ֖ים (’ĕ·lō·hîm)
Noun - masculine plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: 1) (plural) 1a) rulers, judges 1b) divine ones 1c) angels 1d) gods 2) (plural intensive-singular meaning) 2a) god, goddess 2b) godlike one 2c) works or special possessions of God 2d) the (true) God
No Israelite Rabbi on earth serves a plural God. Only the fakes.
Yes plural for rulers, judges, gods-small g, not God large G.--No Israelite from Moses on up until this very day EVER served a plural God when serving the true God= undeniable fact of history. The mislead say otherwise. YHWH(Jehovah) is the only true God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Israelite Rabbi on earth serves a plural God. Only the fakes.
Yes plural for rulers, judges, gods-small g, not God large G.--No Israelite from Moses on up until this very day EVER served a plural God when serving the true God= undeniable fact of history. The mislead say otherwise. YHWH(Jehovah) is the only true God.
LOL - the Chabad rabbi just left my house and we spoke about Elohim and Echad and he agreed that these words are plural.

YHWH Yeshua HaMoshiach = 1 Corinthians 8:6

"for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist."

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the Gentiles, saith Jehovah of hosts.” (CJB)

Please tell me when Jehovah’s name was going to be great among the Gentiles? Wasn’t it because the Jews were failing to respect their God or obeying his laws. Jews hated Gentiles viewing them as spiritually unclean in their worship of false gods.
How was Jehovah’s name made great among the Gentiles? It was through the preaching work of Jesus and his disciples. (Matt 28:19-20; Matt 24:14)

Hello AJ,

I'm sorry, what is the pure offering made ' in every place' ? As I showed with the ~The Didache~ , From the very beginning, the Church has recognized the offering of the Eucharist as the fulfillment of this passage. What else, today, can possibly do so?

Where did this quote come from? There is no “Eucharist” ever mentioned in the Bible. It is “Catholic”, not scriptural.

It is catholic indeed, as the Church is catholic by definition.

As for no mention of the Eucharist in scripture.. you are mistaken... Here is St. Paul speaking:

I am speaking as to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I am saying.

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

Look at Israel according to the flesh; are not those who eat the sacrifices participants in the altar?

So what am I saying? That meat sacrificed to idols is anything? Or that an idol is anything?

No, I mean that what they sacrifice, (they sacrifice) to demons, 8 not to God, and I do not want you to become participants with demons.

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and also the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and of the table of demons.

and again here:

For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,

and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, "This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.

Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord. 12

A person should examine himself, and so eat the bread and drink the cup.

For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself.

Pax et Bonum

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL - the Chabad rabbi just left my house and we spoke about Elohim and Echad and he agreed that these words are plural.

YHWH Yeshua HaMoshiach = 1 Corinthians 8:6

"for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist."
Ask him if YHWH(Jehovah) is a plural God. Elohim can be plural, but in the Hebrew language= never plural for the God Israel served.--Look it up-Google Elohim.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello AJ,

I'm sorry, what is the pure offering made ' in every place' ? As I showed with the ~The Didache~ , From the very beginning, the Church has recognized the offering of the Eucharist as the fulfillment of this passage. What else, today, can possibly do so?

It is catholic indeed, as the Church is catholic by definition.

As for no mention of the Eucharist in scripture.. you are mistaken... Here is St. Paul speaking:

I am speaking as to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I am saying.

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

Look at Israel according to the flesh; are not those who eat the sacrifices participants in the altar?

So what am I saying? That meat sacrificed to idols is anything? Or that an idol is anything?

No, I mean that what they sacrifice, (they sacrifice) to demons, 8 not to God, and I do not want you to become participants with demons.

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and also the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and of the table of demons.

and again here:

For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,

and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, "This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.

Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord. 12

A person should examine himself, and so eat the bread and drink the cup.

For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself.

Pax et Bonum
That is "catholic" (small c) meaning "broad or wide-ranging in tastes, interests, or the like" That is entirely different from the Roman Catholic denomination.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask him if YHWH(Jehovah) is a plural God. Elohim can be plural, but in the Hebrew language= never plural for the God Israel served.--Look it up-Google Elohim.
EXACTLY - Elohim is Plural and the Scripture sentence structure writes as only ONE God.

Which brings us to back to Genesis and forward to the Gospel.

Genesis - "Let Us make man is Out image according to Our likeness" = Elohim mentioned 3x = Us/Our/Our = Plural

Hebrew Shema = Deuteronomy 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. = God mentioned/spoken of 3x

The LORD
יְהוָ֥ה (Yah·weh)
Noun - proper - masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 3068: Jehovah = 'the existing One' 1) the proper name of the one true God 1a) unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of H0136

our God,
אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ (’ĕ·lō·hê·nū)
Noun - masculine plural construct | first person common plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: 1) (plural) 1a) rulers, judges 1b) divine ones 1c) angels 1d) gods 2) (plural intensive-singular meaning) 2a) god, goddess 2b) godlike one 2c) works or special possessions of God 2d) the (true) God 2e) God

the LORD
יְהוָ֥ה ׀ (Yah·weh)
Strong's Hebrew 3068: Jehovah = 'the existing One' 1) the proper name of the one true God 1a) unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of H0136

is One.
אֶחָֽד׃‪‬ (’e·ḥāḏ)
Number - masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 259: 1) one (number) 1a) one (number) 1b) each, every 1c) a certain 1d) an (indefinite article) 1e) only, once, once for all 1f) one...another, the one...the other, one after another, one by one 1g) first 1h) eleven (in combination), eleventh (ordinal)

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXACTLY - Elohim is Plural and the Scripture sentence structure writes as only ONE God.

Which brings us to back to Genesis and forward to the Gospel.

Genesis - "Let Us make man is Out image according to Our likeness" = Elohim mentioned 3x = Us/Our/Our = Plural

Hebrew Shema = Deuteronomy 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. = God mentioned/spoken of 3x

The LORD
יְהוָ֥ה (Yah·weh)

our God,
אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ (’ĕ·lō·hê·nū)
Noun - masculine plural construct | first person common plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: 1) (plural) 1a) rulers, judges 1b) divine ones 1c) angels 1d) gods 2) (plural intensive-singular meaning) 2a) god, goddess 2b) godlike one 2c) works or special possessions of God 2d) the (true) God 2e) God

the LORD
יְהוָ֥ה ׀ (Yah·weh)

is One.
אֶחָֽד׃‪‬ (’e·ḥāḏ)
Number - masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 259: 1) one (number) 1a) one (number) 1b) each, every 1c) a certain 1d) an (indefinite article) 1e) only, once, once for all 1f) one...another, the one...the other, one after another, one by one 1g) first 1h) eleven (in combination), eleventh (ordinal)
Let us= YHWH and his master worker( Jesus) of prov 8.
YHWH said to my Lord( Jesus)proves he is not YHWH---As well 1Chron 16:31--YHWH becomes king)--Jesus had to be appointed to a kingship, if he were YHWH he would already have been king.
If Jesus were YHWH he already had all authority in heaven and on earth, but only one superior to Jesus could have given him all that authority.

The new Catholic encyclopedia-1967, Vol XIV, page 299--Among the apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective--( of GOD being a trinity)--because he never was--that same page states-- The formulation, one God in three persons was not established, certainly not assimilated into christian life and its profession of faith, prior until the end of the 4th century.--All know God was turned into a trinity at the council of Constantinople-381 ce. The sad thing is all trinity scholars know its fact.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YHWH said to my Lord( Jesus)proves he is not YHWH---As well 1Chron 16:31--YHWH becomes king)--Jesus had to be appointed to a kingship, if he were YHWH he would already have been king.
If Jesus were YHWH he already had all authority in heaven and on earth, but only one superior to Jesus could have given him all that authority.
YHWH is the WORD that was GOD in the Beginning.

Jesus, as a man, received from His Father.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

1 Cor 8:6
yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

the Elohim of Genesis/Exodus is here in this scripture = Father, Son and thru Whom we live = the Holy Spirit

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans break bread daily. It says nothing about the covenant in what you posted. Assuming is never a wise thing when it comes to the bible.
This is why practicing the 16th century Protestant invention of Sola Scriptura is so UNBIBLICAL.

The people of God - whether the Jews in the OT or the Christians in the NT relied on Tradition as well as Scripture for God's revelation.
2 Thess 2:15

"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The new Catholic encyclopedia-1967, Vol XIV, page 299--Among the apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective--( of GOD being a trinity)--because he never was--that same page states-- The formulation, one God in three persons was not established, certainly not assimilated into christian life and its profession of faith, prior until the end of the 4th century.--All know God was turned into a trinity at the council of Constantinople-381 ce. The sad thing is all trinity scholars know its fact.
This is the second time you've resorted to a fake source. The new Catholic encyclopedia-1967, Vol XIV, page 299 cannot be verified on line, so I contend you are making it up. You are baiting us to break the rules for a topic banned in this forum, a sneaky and dishonest tactic. Besides, Hislopites don't accept any of the ante-Nicene Fathers on the subject of the Trinity, and neither do you.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YHWH is the WORD that was GOD in the Beginning.

Jesus, as a man, received from His Father.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

1 Cor 8:6
yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

the Elohim of Genesis/Exodus is here in this scripture = Father, Son and thru Whom we live = the Holy Spirit
No YHWH is not the word, his son is the word.
Not many translations have-- did not consider it robbery to be equal to God, Its error.
Yes one God=the Father-period.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why practicing the 16th century Protestant invention of Sola Scriptura is so UNBIBLICAL.

The people of God - whether the Jews in the OT or the Christians in the NT relied on Tradition as well as Scripture for God's revelation.
2 Thess 2:15

"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

Luke 22:30-- a covenant made to those who will sit on thrones)-- yet you will not believe it. You wont be sitting on a throne, only the anointed little flock=144,000 will be.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the second time you've resorted to a fake source. The new Catholic encyclopedia-1967, Vol XIV, page 299 cannot be verified on line, so I contend you are making it up. You are baiting us to break the rules for a topic banned in this forum, a sneaky and dishonest tactic. Besides, Hislopites don't accept any of the ante-Nicene Fathers on the subject of the Trinity, and neither do you.
I am baiting no one. They probably did away with that encyclopedia by now. It exposes truth. It just takes believing Jesus--no trinitarian on earth will= John 17:3-- This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus.--What dont they understand when Jesus is 100% clear--The Father( one who sent him) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.