TULIP an open discussion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t need to read any scripture to know that I am Born Again of imperishable seed.

The world is filled with false teachers who profess they have the Spirit, but they teach things that go beyond what is written. How will you know the truth from the false without God's Word?

1 Corinthians 4:6 (NIV) 6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.”

Scripture knowledge doesn’t make one Born Again, only the Living Spirit can do that.

No one is saying anything about Scripture knowledge "making" someone Born Again.

Being Born Again is by faith in the Gospel Word about Christ.

John 7:38 (WEB) 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not quite. I don't see any Scriptures that call the Holy Spirit "a Living Spirit."
We are Born of the Spirit?

Our spirit is Born Again, the written word backs the Living word up..self explanatory.easy to understand in our spirit
Can you show me the Scriptures that state that the Holy Spirit "a Living Spirit?"
Can you show me in scripture where it doesn’t say that the Holy Spirit isn’t a Living Spirit?
Can you quote me the Scriptures that state that there is a difference between the Inspired Word of God and God's living word?
I already have..Born Of The Spirit...backed up by the written word.

Are you going to answer my questions?

You seem to be evading them...just say yes or no?

If you don’t understand my questions, then we can stop all this back and forth?
The Spirit of God fills the universe but will only indwell those who believe.

The Spirit will only indwell those who first believe to give them life.
That is your opinion and not backed up by Gods word.
John 7:38 (WEB) 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.

Ephesians 1:13 In him you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation - in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit

Galatians 3:2
I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?

The Spirit will not indwell anyone with just any kind of faith; rather, such faith must manifest in a commitment to obey Lord Jesus.

Acts 5:32 (WEB) 32 We are his witnesses of these things; and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.

John 14:15-16 (WEB) 15 If you love me, keep my commandments. 16 I will pray to the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, that he may be with you forever: 17 the Spirit of truth

John 14:23
(WEB) 23 Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.

Galatians 3:26 (WEB) For you are all children of God, {{through faith}} in Christ Jesus.

Regeneration is to receive God’s Spirit after a person believes and becomes a child of God:

Galatians 4:6 (WEB) And because you are children, God sent out the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, “Abba, Father!”

That is not how we are Born Again..that is not how Gods word says we are Born Again.
The Living Holy Spirit is not the Living Word of God.

The Holy Spirit gives birth to the spirit of the one who believes.

Not only to the written Word, but also to Lord Jesus who is the living Word of God.

1 Corinthians 4:6 (NIV) 6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.”

Romans 16:25-27 (NIV) 25 Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith — 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.
Again...no scripture to back up how we are Born Of The Living Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The world is filled with false teachers who profess they have the Spirit, but they teach things that go beyond what is written. How will you know the truth from the false without God's Word?
I have already received Gods Living word, which I explained to you,His Living word backs up His written word.

We are Born Again...Spirit gives birth to spirit...the Living Spirit gives birth to our spirit....A Living spiritual rebirth that only God can do, by His Living Spirit.

No matter how much scripture you post, it needs to be backed up by His Living word...which you have not done, you just post the written word.

No one is saying anything about Scripture knowledge "making" someone Born Again.

Being Born Again is by faith in the Gospel Word about Christ.
Un- truth..that is not how we are Born Again.
I ask you again...did you understand any of my questions?

If it’s NO, we need go no further with this back and forth.?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@setst777 ..did you understand my questions?

If you didn’t, then we can stop this back and forth right now?

We believe differently.

Please answer my questions....yes or no?

I understood nothing of what you posted.

Your turn to answer please?..yes or no?

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Born of the Spirit?

Yes.

Our spirit is Born Again, the written word backs the Living word up..self explanatory.easy to understand in our spirit

We are born again by the indwelling Spirit giving us life as we believe in the Word about Christ.

Can you show me in scripture where it doesn’t say that the Holy Spirit isn’t a Living Spirit?

That is like saying, "Can you show me in scripture where it doesn't say God is a flying pink elephant.

I already have..Born Of The Spirit...backed up by the written word.

Are you going to answer my questions?

I answered your questions, however, you have to wait for me to post my replies.

setst777 said:

That is your opinion and not backed up by Gods word.

God's Spirit fills the universe. Don't you believe that God is omni-present?

Jeremiah 23:23-24 Am I a God at hand, says the LORD, and not a God afar off? 24 Can any man hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? Saith the LORD. Do not I fill the heavens and earth? Saith the LORD.

The Spirit will only indwell those who first believe to give them life

John 7:38
(WEB) 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.

That is not how we are Born Again..that is not how Gods word says we are Born Again.

Again...no scripture to back up how we are Born Of The Living Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes.

We are born again by the indwelling Spirit giving us life as we believe in the Word about Christ.

That is like saying, "Can you show me in scripture where it doesn't say God is a flying pink elephant.

I answered your questions, however, you have to wait for me to post my replies.

You did not answer any of my questions below?
setst777 said:

God's Spirit fills the universe. Don't you believe that God is omni-present?

Jeremiah 23:23-24 Am I a God at hand, says the LORD, and not a God afar off? 24 Can any man hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? Saith the LORD. Do not I fill the heavens and earth? Saith the LORD.

The Spirit will only indwell those who first believe to give them life

John 7:38
(WEB) 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.

Romans 8:11
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Where does the Spirit live in us?

Brother are you reading my posts.?

I am not going back and forth..until you answer these questions..do you understand them, there is nothing to be scared of, your teaching imo is only taught by the written word,I find you have no understanding of the Living Holy Spirit.

Here are my questions again?

Are you saying that the Holy Spirit isn’t Gods Living witness?....The Holy Spirit is Gods Living witness, is he not?

Are you witnessing that imperishable seed is the Gospel?

Who testifies Gods truth to our spirit?

Who is the Spirit?....that made us Born Again?

Please tell me what word of God is Alive and Active?

The word of God is Alive and Active....who is the word of God?

Who is this Spirit that testifies with our spirit?

Who testifies the truth of Gods word to our hearts/ spirit?

Romans 8:16​

King James Version​

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:​

John 4:24​

King James Version​

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

How can we worship Gods Spirit in spirit ( lower case) and truth?

Afraid it is my love.

The word of the Lord is Alive And Active.

Hebrews 4:12​

New International Version​

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

New Living Translation
“But I will send you the Advocate—the Spirit of truth. He will come to you from the Father and will testify all about me.

English Standard Version
“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.

Whom I will send to “ YOU” from the Father the Spirit of truth...he will bear witness about me....he bears witness to our spirit, he testifies with our spirit that we are Gods Children..
We know God in our spirit, because the Spirit testified that truth, when he made our spirit Born Again.

The written word serves absolutely no purpose without the written word being backed up by Gods Living Spirit, who testifies with our spirit Gods truth.
We need the Living Spirit to guide us through the written word...as we are spiritual children the Bible was written by men under the influence of the Spirit.

God did not come down from heaven and write the Bible.

We are Born Of The Spirit...we are not Born Of Knowledge Of scripture.

Last edited:

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not answer any of my questions below?
Romans 8:11

That is not a question.

To be born of the Spirit is Spiritual Life, and is by the Spirit of Christ dwelling IN US:

Romans 8:10-11 (WEB) 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn’t have the {Spirit of Christ}, he is not his. 10 If Christ is IN YOU, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive [regeneration] because of righteousness.

As noted above: To be born of the Spirit is Life by the Spirit of Christ dwelling in us (Romans 8:10-11)

The Spirit indwells who to give him life?

The Spirit indwells the believer to give him life (John 7:37-39; Galatians 3:2, 14; Ephesians 1:13-14).

True saving Faith is demonstrated by a commitment to follow and obey Lord Jesus. This is the faith by which the Spirit indwells the believer to give them Spiritual life.

John 14:15-16 (WEB) 15 If you love me, keep my commandments. 16 I will pray to the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, that he may be with you forever: 17 the Spirit of truth

(WEB) 23 Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.

Acts 5:32 (WEB) 32 We are his witnesses of these things; and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Where does the Spirit live in us?

The Scriptures do not give a specific location; rather, the Spirit indwells (inside of us) those who believe.

Brother are you reading my posts.?

Yes, are you reading mine? I keep posting my responses and you rarely reply to the Scriptures I posted in reply.

I am not going back and forth..until you answer these questions..do you understand them, there is nothing to be scared of, your teaching imo is only taught by the written word,I find you have no understanding of the Living Holy Spirit.

It works both ways. You also have to answer my response to you.

Here are my questions again?

Are you saying that the Holy Spirit isn’t Gods Living witness?....The Holy Spirit is Gods Living witness, is he not?

The Spirit with the Word is God's witness to us.

Acts 5:32
We are his witnesses of these things; and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

Are you witnessing that imperishable seed is the Gospel?

The imperishable seed in us is the Holy Spirit. I have said this repeatedly from the beginning (04/21/2024). You just keep ignoring my responses.

Who testifies Gods truth to our spirit?

The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

The Scriptures testify of the Gospel Word.

Mark 16:20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed

When we believe in the Gospel Word, the Spirit indwells us.

Ephesians 1:13 (WEB) 13 In him you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation - in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit

Who is the Spirit?....that made us Born Again?

The Spirit is the Holy Spirit who indwells the believer to give him life.

Please tell me what word of God is Alive and Active?

The Holy Scriptures.

Ephesians 6:17 ...and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

The word of God is Alive and Active....who is the word of God?

The Word of God that is alive and active is the Holy Scriptures.

Who is this Spirit that testifies with our spirit?

The Holy Spirit.

Who testifies the truth of Gods word to our hearts/ spirit?

The Holy Spirit.

John 4:24​

King James Version​

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

That is the nature of God's being. God is Spirit. We are to worship God in spirit and in truth. The truth is God's Word.

John 17:17 (WEB) Sanctify them in your truth. Your word is truth. [Psalm 119:142]

Ephesians 1:13 In him you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation - in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit

2 Corinthians 6:6-7
(WEB) 6 in pureness, in knowledge, in perseverance, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in sincere love, 7 in the word of truth, in the power of God

Colossians 1:5-6 (WEB) 4 having heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love which you have toward all the saints, 5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in the heavens, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the Good News 6 which has come to you

How can we worship Gods Spirit in spirit ( lower case) and truth?

By obeying the Truth of God's Word.

Romans 2:7-8 (WEB) 7 to those who by perseverance in well-doing seek for glory, honor, and incorruptibility, eternal life; 8 but to those who are self-seeking, and don’t obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, will be wrath, indignation

Galatians 3:1-2 (WEB) Foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you not to obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was openly portrayed among you as crucified? 2 I just want to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by hearing of faith?

Afraid it is my love.

Love is one of the fruits of the Spirit.

The word of the Lord is Alive And Active.

Hebrews 4:12​

New International Version​

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Correct.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is not a question.

To be born of the Spirit is Spiritual Life, and is by the Spirit of Christ dwelling IN US:

Romans 8:10-11 (WEB) 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn’t have the {Spirit of Christ}, he is not his. 10 If Christ is IN YOU, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive [regeneration] because of righteousness.

As noted above: To be born of the Spirit is Life by the Spirit of Christ dwelling in us (Romans 8:10-11)

The Spirit indwells who to give him life?

The Spirit indwells the believer to give him life (John 7:37-39; Galatians 3:2, 14; Ephesians 1:13-14).

True saving Faith is demonstrated by a commitment to follow and obey Lord Jesus. This is the faith by which the Spirit indwells the believer to give them Spiritual life.

Yes, are you reading mine? I keep posting my responses and you rarely reply to the Scriptures I posted in reply.

It works both ways. You also have to answer my response to you.

The Spirit with the Word is God's witness to us.

We are his witnesses of these things; and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

The imperishable seed in us is the Holy Spirit. I have said this repeatedly from the beginning (04/21/2024). You just keep ignoring my responses.

The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

The Scriptures testify of the Gospel Word.

Mark 16:20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed

When we believe in the Gospel Word, the Spirit indwells us.

Ephesians 1:13 (WEB) 13 In him you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation - in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit

The Spirit is the Holy Spirit who indwells the believer to give him life.

The Holy Scriptures.

The Word of God that is alive and active is the Holy Scriptures.

The Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit.

That is the nature of God's being. God is Spirit. We are to worship God in spirit and in truth. The truth is God's Word.

John 17:17 (WEB) Sanctify them in your truth. Your word is truth. [Psalm 119:142]

2 Corinthians 6:6-7
(WEB) 6 in pureness, in knowledge, in perseverance, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in sincere love, 7 in the word of truth, in the power of God

Colossians 1:5-6 (WEB) 4 having heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love which you have toward all the saints, 5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in the heavens, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the Good News 6 which has come to you

By obeying the Truth of God's Word.

Romans 2:7-8 (WEB) 7 to those who by perseverance in well-doing seek for glory, honor, and incorruptibility, eternal life; 8 but to those who are self-seeking, and don’t obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, will be wrath, indignation

Galatians 3:1-2 (WEB) Foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you not to obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was openly portrayed among you as crucified? 2 I just want to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by hearing of faith?

Love is one of the fruits of the Spirit.

Correct.
Pointless going over any scripture with you, because it doesn’t make one Born Again, you are posting what you believe made you Born Again.

Therefore have no understanding of the Living Holy Spirit who makes our spirit Born Again...you just recite scripture....the written word....I’m afraid you need to know God in your spirit, that is where we first and foremost know God..by His witness the Living Holy Spirit..

You must understand the Living word before you can understand the written word, even then the Spirit brings the written word to our understanding.

Imo and with respect..you lead yourself through scripture...because with respect you have no knowledge of the Living Spirit.

Plus you haven’t answered any of The spiritual questions that I asked.

Now, do you want to keep posting scripture that makes no sense to me, or would you like to call it a day?xx

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:26

The Spirit of Truth is not the Word of Truth.

The written word serves absolutely no purpose without the written word being backed up by God's Living Spirit.

Amen. The inspired Holy Scriptures are the words of the Spirit.

1 Timothy 3:16 (WEB) 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Ephesians 6:17 (WEB) 17... and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

God did not come down from heaven and write the Bible.

God's Spirit came down out of heaven to cause His prophets and Apostles to write down what God commanded them to put into writing.

Romans 16:25-27 (NIV) 25 Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the {{{prophetic writings}}} by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith — 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

And we are not to go beyond what is written.

1 Corinthians 4:6 (WEB) 6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

We are Born Of The Spirit...we are not Born Of Knowledge Of scripture.

A sinner is born of the Spirit by believing in the Word of Truth - the Gospel.

John 7:38-39 (EWEB) 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water [regeneration].” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive. For the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because {{{Jesus wasn’t yet glorified.}}}

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Spirit of Truth is not the Word of Truth.

Amen. The inspired Holy Scriptures are the words of the Spirit.

1 Timothy 3:16 (WEB) 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Ephesians 6:17 (WEB) 17... and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

God's Spirit came down out of heaven
to cause His prophets and Apostles to write down what God commanded them to put into writing.

Romans 16:25-27 (NIV) 25 Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the {{{prophetic writings}}} by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith — 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

And we are not to go beyond what is written.

1 Corinthians 4:6 (WEB) 6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

A sinner is born of the Spirit by believing in the Word of Truth - the Gospel.

John 7:38-39 (EWEB) 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water [regeneration].” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive. For the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because {{{Jesus wasn’t yet glorified.}}}
Once again nothing but scripture...are we done yet?

We believe differently...no problem.

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pointless going over any scripture with you, because it doesn’t make one Born Again, you are posting what you believe made you Born Again.

Once again, you are not reading or answering my responses. I objected to you saying that the Scriptures "makes" one Born Again; and now, you say it all over again, ignoring my reply.

Therefore have no understanding of the Living Holy Spirit who makes our spirit Born Again...you just recite scripture....the written word....I’m afraid you need to know God in your spirit, that is where we first and foremost know God..by His witness the Living Holy Spirit..

Your "Therefore" is based on your false premise that "the Scriptures "makes" one Born Again." No one believes that the Scriptures makes one born again. You made that up to attack a strawman.

You must understand the Living word before you can understand the written word, even then the Spirit brings the written word to our understanding.

The Living Word is the Written Word - God breathed. Once again, you are ignoring my responses, and you are ignoring the Scriptures.

The Scriptures never call the Holy Spirit the "Living Word."

Imo and with respect..you lead yourself through scripture...because with respect you have no knowledge of the Living Spirit.

So you say; yet, you are the one who denies that the Scriptures are God breathed living Word of God, the Sword of the Spirit.

Plus you haven’t answered any of The spiritual questions that I asked.

I answered all your questions, you are just not reading them.

Now, do you want to keep posting scripture that makes no sense to me, or would you like to call it a day?xx

The Scriptures will not make sense to those who deny the Scriptures as being Spirit inspired (God-breathed) living Word of God.

Last edited:
  • Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Once again, you are not reading or answering my responses. I objected to you saying that the Scriptures "makes" one Born Again; and now, you say it all over again, ignoring my reply.

Your "Therefore" is based on your false premise that "the Scriptures "makes" one Born Again." No one believes that the Scriptures makes one born again. You made that up to attack a strawman.

The Living Word is the Written Word - God breathed. Once again, you are ignoring my responses, and you are ignoring the Scriptures.

The Scriptures never call the Holy Spirit the "Living Word."

So you say; yet, you are the one who denies that the Scriptures are God breathed living Word of God, the Sword of the Spirit.

I answered all your questions, you are just not reading them.

The Scriptures will not make sense to those who deny the Spirit who inspired the Scriptures.
Once again coercion....

Are we done yet.

I have no argument with you sweetie.

I just stand on God’s word not your word and will continue to do so.

The written word can only be understood in Spirit...because we must be Born Again ...our body is a temple , we house the Spirit of God in our spirit...the biggest Honour one can receive.xx

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just stand on God’s word not your word and will continue to do so.

You say you stand on God's Word, but you made it clear that you do not - they don't make sense to you.

Ritajanice said:

The written word can only be understood in Spirit...because we must be Born Again ...our body is a temple , we house the Spirit of God in our spirit...the biggest Honour one can receive.xx

Exactly. However, the Gospel Call to salvation is available to all sinners, the Spirit working with the Word to convict sinners. However many will refuse the Call, and resist the Spirit.

Acts 7:51 (WEB) You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit! As your fathers did, so you do

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You say you stand on God's Word, but you made it clear that you do not - they don't make sense to you.

Ritajanice said:

Exactly.
That is just your opinion...the scripture you post does not relate one ounce to how we are Born Again by the Living Spirit Of God.

The scripture you post...is how “ you” understand being Born Again.

I understand being Born Again very differently to you,xxx

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just your opinion...the scripture you post does not relate one ounce to how we are Born Again by the Living Spirit Of God.

The scripture you post...is how “ you” understand being Born Again.

I understand being Born Again very differently to you,xxx

They don't relate in your mind, because you don't understand the Scriptures. All the Scriptures I posted were relevant, and answered the questions you had.

However,

You still want to believe that the Spirit is the Living Word of God - not one Scripture states or teaches this.

You still want to believe that the Spiritual life is given so we can believe, but the Scriptures state that those who believe are given Spiritual life after hearing the Gospel.

You still want to believe that the Holy Scriptures are just written words; yet, you fail to recognize that the Holy Scriptures are the God-Breathed words of God, the Sword of the Spirit.

As you can see
, all the Scriptures I provided are relavent; however, they just do not make sense to you.

So, yes, I am finished now. But if you want to continue, please do respond.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They don't relate in your mind, because you don't understand the Scriptures. All the Scriptures I posted were relevant, and answered the questions you had.

However,

You still want to believe that the Spirit is the Living Word of God - not one Scripture states or teaches this.

You still want to believe that the Spiritual life is give so we can believe, but the Scriptures state that those who believe are given Spiritual life after hearing the Gospel.

You still want to believe that the Holy Scriptures are just written words; yet, you fail to recognize that the Holy Scriptures are the God-Breathed words of God, the Sword of the Spirit.

As you can see, all the Scriptures I provided are relavent; however, they just do not make sense to you.

So, yes, I am finished now. But if you want to continue, please do respond.
Love, love, love, is the key to your heart...open and you will receive.xx

1716383514099.gif

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love, love, love, is the key to your heart...open and you will receive.xx

View attachment 45422

Love is the reason I dialogued with you.

Love for God is the reason I believe God's Word and uphold it.

Love is the foundation of the Law and the Prophets.

Love is the leading Fruit of God's Spirit in the hearts of believers.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love is the reason I dialogued with you.

Love for God is the reason I believe God's Word and uphold it.

Love is the foundation of the Law and the Prophets.

Love is the leading Fruit of God's Spirit in the hearts of believers.
One of the main roles of the Holy Spirit in our lives is to help us understand the Bible. Jesus said, “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come” (John 16:13).

The Love Of God resides in my spirit, His Holy Spirit ,consumed by His Love.xx

Romans 5:5
And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

New Living Translation
And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

English Standard Version
and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Berean Standard Bible
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

Berean Literal Bible
And hope does not make us ashamed, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, the One having been given to us.

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the main roles of the Holy Spirit in our lives is to help us understand the Bible. Jesus said, “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come” (John 16:13).

The Love Of God resides in my spirit, His Holy Spirit ,consumed by His Love.xx

Romans 5:5
And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

New Living Translation
And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

English Standard Version
and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Berean Standard Bible
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

Berean Literal Bible
And hope does not make us ashamed, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, the One having been given to us.

1 John 2:5 (WEB) 5 But God’s love has most certainly been perfected in whoever keeps his word.

(WEB) 32 We are his witnesses of these things; and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.

John 15:10 (WEB) 10 If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love; even as I {{have kept my Father’s commandments, and remain in his love}}