Understanding : Acts 2:38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe a Born Again is carnal...they have to start dealing with their old mindset...even then God has to bring us to that understanding of the old mindset, does that help?

The carnal mind is enmity to God.
There are many people that go to church but have never been baptized with the Holy Spirit to be born again. I believe that is when we also receive the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:9-16 (verse 16 tells us we have the mind of Christ.)

Romans 8:9 also tells those who have received the Spirit that we are no longer in the flesh (carnal nature), but in the Spirit if the Spirit of God indwells us. And if we do not have the Spirit of Christ we do not belong to Jesus.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are many people that go to church but have never been baptized with the Holy Spirit to be born again. I believe that is when we also receive the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:9-16 (verse 16 tells us we have the mind of Christ.)

Romans 8:9 also tells those who have received the Spirit that we are no longer in the flesh (carnal nature), but in the Spirit if the Spirit of God indwells us. And if we do not have the Spirit of Christ we do not belong to Jesus.
Well, God has showed me tonight that it’s not my place to judge who is and who isn’t Born Again, @Rockerduck post, that is where God spoke to my heart, he showed me that he does pursue people and he does call to them.

Just because my becoming Born Again wasn’t like that, that everyone is not Born Again the way I was ....doesn’t mean that they aren’t Born Again...he has showed me that a number of times, and still it didn’t penetrate my heart, ...well, it did tonight.

We all come to the Lord very differently and I know in my heart from tonight onwards he does pursue people.xx

He wants everyone to come to Jesus, that is the Loving God we serve.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe the Apostle Peter wrote 2 Peter. The voice of God would tell me if it wasn't.
I’m glad you hear the voice of God as well...I do too....via his Spirit.then I check out what he says with his written word ....it’s amazing isn’t it .......mine isn’t audible is yours?

His Living word has revealed so much scripture to me and brought me to understanding his written word in my spirit, I Love him talking to my spirit, I can’t get enough..I’m deeply in Love with God, are you?xx

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only asked questions. Does God ever use the mouth of anyone to speak His message without explaining everything to the messenger? What is the Word of God?
Did Daniel understand the dreams he got from God before God/angels/God's Word- had to explain them to him?

Reactions: amadeus

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did Daniel understand the dreams he got from God before God/angels/God's Word- had to explain them to him?
Do you know Nancy, God revealed his will in an area of my life straight to my heart/ spirit...scared me silly at first and I wanted nothing to do with it..because I didn’t understand it at the time,..very long story...well, it’s taken him 32 years, for him to get me to understand what he revealed to my heart, because it seemed beyond belief what he revealed to my heart.....I now 100% receive what he spoke to my heart and am in full agreement with his will as is the other person involved.....we both had to be in harmony with the will of God.xx..God never forces his will onto us, but, he certainly knows how to get our will in line with his, how clever is our God,xx

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, God has showed me tonight that it’s not my place to judge who is and who isn’t Born Again, @Rockerduck post, that is where God spoke to my heart, he showed me that he does pursue people and he does call to them.

Just because my becoming Born Again wasn’t like that, that everyone is not Born Again the way I was ....doesn’t mean that they aren’t Born Again...he has showed me that a number of times, and still it didn’t penetrate my heart, ...well, it did tonight.

We all come to the Lord very differently and I know in my heart from tonight onwards he does pursue people.xx

He wants everyone to come to Jesus, that is the Loving God we serve.
Praise God! I was speaking from my own experience. I went to church all my life, but I was almost 30 years old when I was born again of the Spirit. I'm sure I can't be the only one going to church every week unsaved...

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m glad you hear the voice of God as well...I do too....via his Spirit.then I check out what he says with his written word ....it’s amazing isn’t it .......mine isn’t audible is yours?

His Living word has revealed so much scripture to me and brought me to understanding his written word in my spirit, I Love him talking to my spirit, I can’t get enough..I’m deeply in Love with God, are you?xx
No, from within where He lives. The best way I can describe it is He interrupts my own thoughts with His words. One time I asked God a question in prayer, and He spoke immediately the answer to my question.

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Praise God! I was speaking from my own experience. I went to church all my life, but I was almost 30 years old when I was born again of the Spirit. I'm sure I can't be the only one going to church every week unsaved...

I was 35 years old when I was born again, having attended church since 12, and serving in church since my youth in various capacities. I believe Jesus makes it clear, in John 3:8 "The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” We are each born again in God's perfect timing, for each of our individual lives, and for His purpose. :)

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
How is that a contradiction? Have you even read Zwingli or the Synod of Dort?
Of course, and am more persuaded that Calvinism is contrary to the Truth of Christ, and it is obvious to me that human volition is a predetermined element in the Universe.

Joh 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Act 7:51 You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit, just as your fathers did.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no such thing as "believing in your spirit".
Romans 8:16
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

New Living Translation
For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

English Standard Version
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Berean Standard Bible
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Berean Literal Bible
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

King James Bible
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

New King James Version
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God

We believe in our spirit, through the testifying with our spirit.

Born Again “ of the Spirit “ ....our spirit is Born Again only by the Living seed of God.....His Living Spirit , who indwells our spirit, starts his work in us the moment we become his spiritual child, making us into the image of Jesus......Gods Spirit is very much Alive and Active in his children’s spirit, for as his word says, I will give you a new heart and spirit within.

Where does he put this new heart within us, if not our spirit, when our spirit becomes “ Born Of The Spirit “?

The new Spirit that he puts in us is that of Jesus Spirit, our spirit will be consumed by the Spirit of God, we will be made into Jesus image, because we are spiritual Sons and Daughters.

A New Heart and Spirit
…25I will also sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your impurities and all your idols. 26I will give you a new heart and put a new spiritwithin you; I will remove your heart of stoneand give you a heart of flesh. 27And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes and to carefully observe My ordinances.

We are led by the Spirit, that’s why we must be Born Of The Spirit...to be led by the Holy Spirit, there is no leading without being Born Of The Spirit, our spirit is led....

Heirs with Christ
…13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”…

That is why we must be Born Again of imperishable seed that liveth and abideth forever.

How else would I have known I was Born Of The Spirit if the Holy Spirit hadn’t testified with my spirit ( spoke to my spirit as he was indwelling my spirit, that I was his child, The Holy Spirit speaks to his Born Again children, .....that’s how we communicate with God via our spirit ?)......Biblical.

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:16
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

New Living Translation
For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

English Standard Version
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Berean Standard Bible
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Berean Literal Bible
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

King James Bible
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

New King James Version
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, and am more persuaded that Calvinism is contrary to the Truth of Christ, and it is obvious to me that human volition is a predetermined element in the Universe.

Joh 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Act 7:51 You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit, just as your fathers did.
Those two verses are in line with Calvinism doctrines. RJ Sproul, Spurgeon, Martin Luther, and Billy Graham are Calvinists. You are talking Humanism. That's false.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, from within where He lives. The best way I can describe it is He interrupts my own thoughts with His words. One time I asked God a question in prayer, and He spoke immediately the answer to my question.
His Spirit interrupts your thoughts with his Living words spoken to your spirit ,....as we are spiritual children and Gods Spirit indwells our spirit?

We communicate via His Spirit to our spirit, he testifies with our spirit Gods truth?

That’s how he communicates with me.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are talking Humanism. That's false.
Instead he should be speaking spiritual talk?

Short commentary.

Spiritual growth results in the presence of the fruit of the Spirit and spiritual gifts bestowed by the Holy Spirit for service to others (Gal 5:22, 23; 1 Cor 12; Col 3:12-‐15; 2 Pet 1:4-‐11). This dynamic spiritual life born of God gives victory over the powers of darkness (2 Cor 2:14; Eph 6:10-‐18; 1 John 4:4).

• 1 Corinthians 2:7-16
    But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written:
    "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
    Nor have entered into the heart of man
    The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
    But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
  • John 14:26
    But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
  • John 16:13
    However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead he should be speaking spiritual talk?

Short commentary.

Spiritual growth results in the presence of the fruit of the Spirit and spiritual gifts bestowed by the Holy Spirit for service to others (Gal 5:22, 23; 1 Cor 12; Col 3:12-‐15; 2 Pet 1:4-‐11). This dynamic spiritual life born of God gives victory over the powers of darkness (2 Cor 2:14; Eph 6:10-‐18; 1 John 4:4).

• 1 Corinthians 2:7-16
    But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written:
    "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
    Nor have entered into the heart of man
    The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
    But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
  • John 14:26
    But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
  • John 16:13
    However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
His key words were "human volition".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
His key words were "human volition".
Which means what?

Found it.

1. the act of willing, choosing, or resolving; exercise of willing. She left of her own volition. 2. a choice or decision made by the will.

My will is becoming more unrecognisable.

Gods will be done in me....and OH Boy it’s being done by the Power Of His Spirit within me...wahooo!! And Hallelujah!

I cannot believe how God has changed me by His Mighty Power.....no one has been able to tame this only bird.

Only God....I’m like putty in his hands.....I’m not saying I don’t have hissy fits with him at times......he still gets his way......that’s the power of His Love in my heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockerduck

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means what?

Found it.

1. the act of willing, choosing, or resolving; exercise of willing. She left of her own volition. 2. a choice or decision made by the will.
Quote from Wikipedia. "Volition, also known as will or conation, is the cognitive process by which an individual decides on and commits to a particular course of action. It is defined as purposive striving and is one of the primary human psychological functions." aka humanism.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Quote from Wikipedia. "Volition, also known as will or conation, is the cognitive process by which an individual decides on and commits to a particular course of action. It is defined as purposive striving and is one of the primary human psychological functions." aka humanism.
Yes, understood, thanks,xx

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Those two verses are in line with Calvinism doctrines. RJ Sproul, Spurgeon, Martin Luther, and Billy Graham are Calvinists. You are talking Humanism. That's false.
Humanism doesn't comport with Christian Evangelism, and is a strawman in this correspondence.

1716114146161.png

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think of the carnal Christian with a carnal mind saying..." 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Paul teaches..."""Oh foolish Galatians, WHO hath bewitched you,""""

"You are In the Flesh".

See those?

Those are "carnal mind"...
They have fallen prey to someone like Calvin or Mary Baker Eddy or Joseph Smith.