Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh...Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV says when Jesus comes back, those found eating bacon are going to be sizzling like bacon ;)
But He will be indignant toward His enemies.
15 For behold, the Lord will come in fire,
And His chariots like the whirlwind,
To render His anger with fury,
And His rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For the Lord will execute judgment by fire
And by His sword on humanity,
And those put to death by the Lord will be many.
17 “Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go to the gardens,
Following one in the center,

Who eat pig’s flesh, detestable things, and mice,
Will come to an end altogether,” declares the Lord.

Those are not Christians but pagans doing a ritual. But when Isaiah saw this in the Spirit I'm sure the pig's flesh was detestable to him. I doubt he could fathom us today eating pig's flesh and it not being detestable but okay.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, the Lord is coming with fire, and his chariots are like a whirlwind; he will bring down his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For with fire and with his sword the Lord will execute judgment on all people, and many will be those slain by the Lord.

The way you insert words and ideas in scriptures I surprised you did not see Jesus Christ Superstar the bell bottom wear doobie token flying saucer pilot….flying with full thrusters on and shooting laser beams.

It is just as far off as what is there as anything.
Let's examine the evidence:

Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV
[15] For, behold, the Lord will come with fire and with his chariots
(when else is the Lord coming with fire and chariots but at the Second Coming?)

like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire
(when is the Lord with furious anger to rebuke mankind with flaming fire but at the Second Coming?)

[16] For by fire and by his sword
(When does John says Jesus is coming with a "sharp sword that goeth out of His mouth" to "consume with the Spirit of His mouth" the wicked, according to Paul? the Second Coming!)

will the Lord plead with all flesh:
(When else will He "plead" ("judge") the entire world but at the Second Coming?)

and the slain of the Lord shall be many
(Jeremiah says when the Lord raises up a "whirlwind" from the coasts and at that time will "plead" with "all flesh" the "slain of the Lord at that day shall be from one end of the Earth, even to the other end of the Earth".

[17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

See what I did there? I showed you how Isaiah, John, Jeremiah and Paul agree with me while standing with stern looks of rebuke at your nonsensical "hermeneutics".

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Gen 9:3 say?….”every moving animal”.….From ”emes, reh'-mes; from H7430; a reptile or any other rapidly moving animal:—that creepeth, creeping (moving) thing.” (Strongs)
Every living animal that moves….the term is not restricted.

Going back to Gen 1:12….
”The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good.”
All, that would serve as food for the creatures to come, was provided for them, in advance.
All creatures were to be vegetarians. There were no carnivores who killed prey. The carrion creatures ate flesh, but only what was already dead. They were the clean up crew, which proves that animals were not to live forever. God had already sorted all that out before he created them.

Of all the birds and animals that exist…..how many dead ones do we see? Very few…..such is the efficiency of God’s creation.

Do you see how you are using suggestion again to prove your point? Twisting the meaning of Scripture is rife in Christendom….but it will do them no good as the Bible is clear on all subjects if we do careful study….most people won’t because satan counts on the fact that we will be lazy, and just want things spoon fed to us. We must be like the Beroeans.

See….a suggestion again…..a suggestion is not a fact…..scripture is fact, but correctly interpreted as it was written and in harmony with its entirety….
Until the law was given to Israel, the instructions given to Noah applied. “Unclean” animals were no longer those unsuitable for sacrifice, but now also unsuitable for eating. The prohibition on consuming blood was given to Noah and reiterated to Israel…and then again to the Christians.
I think the comparison with what is clearly not "everything" concerning the plant kingdom with the "every" of the animal kingdom adds much weight to the argument that Genesis 9:3 KJV is only referring to "clean" animals - especially since there's no getting around Isaiah's Messianic prophecy of the Second Coming which says pork eaters will be "consumed together" along with idolaters, etc. :)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the comparison with what is clearly not "everything" concerning the plant kingdom with the "every" of the animal kingdom adds much weight to the argument that Genesis 9:3 KJV is only referring to "clean" animals - especially since there's no getting around Isaiah's Messianic prophecy of the Second Coming which says pork eaters will be "consumed together" along with idolaters, etc. :)
“Isaiah's Messianic prophecy of the Second Coming which says pork eaters will be "consumed together" along with idolaters, etc”….?
Where will I find “pork eaters” as those consumed together with the idolaters? That’s a new one on me….

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's examine the evidence:

Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV
[15] For, behold, the Lord will come with fire and with his chariots
(when else is the Lord coming with fire and chariots but at the Second Coming?)

like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire
(when is the Lord with furious anger to rebuke mankind with flaming fire but at the Second Coming?)

(When does John says Jesus is coming with a "sharp sword that goeth out of His mouth" to "consume with the Spirit of His mouth" the wicked, according to Paul? the Second Coming!)

will the Lord plead with all flesh:
(When else will He "plead" ("judge") the entire world but at the Second Coming?)

and the slain of the Lord shall be many
(Jeremiah says when the Lord raises up a "whirlwind" from the coasts and at that time will "plead" with "all flesh" the "slain of the Lord at that day shall be from one end of the Earth, even to the other end of the Earth".

[17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

See what I did there? I showed you how Isaiah, John, Jeremiah and Paul agree with me while standing with stern looks of rebuke at your nonsensical "hermeneutics".

My point was that you inserting words and pass them off as scriptures. As far as the Old Testament scriptures they still are not going to use the name Jesus in their prophecies and did not use the phrase second coming.

Old Testament prophecies are all about interpretation and it is OK for you to have your opinion but you are changing the scripture to fit your opinion.

I think you are referring to Revelation 19:15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

The word Jesus is not in that scripture….inserting words that are not there and attempting to pass them off as scripture is a bad practice…. Of course this scripture is talking about Jesus. But you could have said, and John said this about Jesus and then quoted the scripture as it is written.

You will never win any debate just making it up as you go....people are going to call you on it.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen -

you didn't give reference on when the true 7th Sabbath is.

The commandment to Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy - he knew his Sabbath will be changed and accepted by the majority from the 7th day to the first day.

So even if we go to worship service on a Sunday we should still at least do our best to keep the Sabbath holy.
It shows the day God made for man as the Sabbath at Creation, if you know this from reading the Bible would you then reject what God says and follow man, have to think about that.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It shows the day God made for man as the Sabbath at Creation, if you know this from reading the Bible would you then reject what God says and follow man, have to think about that.

How many times do people have to say that the word Sabbath does not occur in Genesis? A clue....get one.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He will be indignant toward His enemies.
15 For behold, the Lord will come in fire,
And His chariots like the whirlwind,
To render His anger with fury,
And His rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For the Lord will execute judgment by fire
And by His sword on humanity,
And those put to death by the Lord will be many.
17 “Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go to the gardens,
Following one in the center,

Who eat pig’s flesh, detestable things, and mice,
Will come to an end altogether,” declares the Lord.

Those are not Christians but pagans doing a ritual. But when Isaiah saw this in the Spirit I'm sure the pig's flesh was detestable to him. I doubt he could fathom us today eating pig's flesh and it not being detestable but okay.
Pretty sure if eating swine's flesh was OK, it wouldn't be on the list with all those other bad things.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Isaiah's Messianic prophecy of the Second Coming which says pork eaters will be "consumed together" along with idolaters, etc”….?
Where will I find “pork eaters” as those consumed together with the idolaters? That’s a new one on me….
Yes! Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV is a Messianic prophecy of the Second Coming by the "Gospel Prophet" Isaiah, so nicknamed because all he wrote so much about Jesus.

It says Jesus will consume swing eaters, mouse eaters, idolaters, the self-righteous, etc.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point was that you inserting words and pass them off as scriptures. As far as the Old Testament scriptures they still are not going to use the name Jesus in their prophecies and did not use the phrase second coming.

Old Testament prophecies are all about interpretation and it is OK for you to have your opinion but you are changing the scripture to fit your opinion.

I think you are referring to Revelation 19:15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

The word Jesus is not in that scripture….inserting words that are not there and attempting to pass them off as scripture is a bad practice…. Of course this scripture is talking about Jesus. But you could have said, and John said this about Jesus and then quoted the scripture as it is written.

You will never win any debate just making it up as you go....people are going to call you on it.
It's perfectly acceptable to "insert words" if the inserted words serve to magnify the truth that's already there but perhaps not as easily seen - what's forbidden is to "insert words" which change the truth into a lie.

The word "Jesus" is not in there - but Jesus is absolutely "the truth" and is never not "the truth" so the two are synonymous. The best you can do is baselessly attack character, method, and motive - but not the substance!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty sure if eating swine's flesh was OK, it wouldn't be on the list with all those other bad things.
So are you saying the New Testament and the writings of Paul are not Scripture?

The gospel going to the Gentiles was a mystery and not known to the OT prophets. So Isaiah wouldn't have known that it is no longer a sin according to God. What God has cleansed let no man call common or unclean.

Even though it is not a sin, I don't think it is good for my gut. Paul also said in 1 Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aunty Jane

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying the New Testament and the writings of Paul are not Scripture?

The gospel going to the Gentiles was a mystery and not known to the OT prophets. So Isaiah wouldn't have known that it is no longer a sin according to God. What God has cleansed let no man call common or unclean.
The NT doesn't teach unclean animals are fit fare, not in Romans 14 or anywhere else, but only seems to be taught by those who only surface-read. Isaiah is consistent with Paul and Jesus.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT doesn't teach unclean animals are fit fare, not in Romans 14 or anywhere else, but only seems to be taught by those who only surface-read. Isaiah is consistent with Paul and Jesus.
Are these Scripture?

Acts 10
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”

14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.”

15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.” 16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.

1 Timothy 4:1-5
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's perfectly acceptable to "insert words" if the inserted words serve to magnify the truth that's already there but perhaps not as easily seen - what's forbidden is to "insert words" which change the truth into a lie.

The word "Jesus" is not in there - but Jesus is absolutely "the truth" and is never not "the truth" so the two are synonymous. The best you can do is baselessly attack character, method, and motive - but not the substance!

But that is not what you are doing, you are deceiving. Yeshua is absolute truth, but you are not.
You are rewording scripture it is not baseless to say that wrong.

I have told you this before, the Bible is just hindering your imagination…..write your own Bible.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are these Scripture?

Acts 10
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”

14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.”

15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.” 16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.
Key Takeaways:
>Peter's protest shows after 3 1/2 years with Jesus, never was it told him that bacon was now a menu item.
>After the vision, Peter doubted the meaning - which includes doubt of a "new and improved" menu.
>Later, Peter understood it wasn't about allowing bacon, but disallowing racial walls of separation.
1 Timothy 4:1-5
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
Key Takeaways:
>catholicism commands to "abstain" from God-approved clean items on Fridays and feast days
>"every creature" includes "buzzard souffle in maggot sauce" - right?
>"nothing to be refused" means you better eat it all and lap up all that sauce - right?
>"for it is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer" unlocks the answer to Paul's words: the Word of God "sets apart" for us what is and what isn't fit fare...in Leviticus 11 by "clean/unclean" classification.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is not what you are doing, you are deceiving. Yeshua is absolute truth, but you are not.
You are rewording scripture it is not baseless to say that wrong.

I have told you this before, the Bible is just hindering your imagination…..write your own Bible.
Where have I written deception?