‘Renewed’ after the image of him who created him...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
consider the image of Him who created him, renewing the New Man after the image of God. Colossians 3:10-11 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

so many times, in my mind when focusing on a new creature ...I’ve never Really taken the time to consider that renewed ‘after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: (neither male nor female)but Christ is all, and in all.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
consider the image of Him who created him, renewing the New Man after the image of God. Colossians 3:10-11 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

so many times, in my mind when focusing on a new creature ...I’ve never Really taken the time to consider that renewed ‘after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: (neither male nor female)but Christ is all, and in all.

here's a one for ya:

1Jn_3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

you've no doubt heard of eyes on Christ, then then look to Him that is how one develops into His likeness until we see Him as He is, its the revelation that changes you.
whether it be His knowledge wisdom understanding love faith hope truth way life righteousness judgement or mercy, that is what makes one become sons of God.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="VictoryinJesus, post: 794618, member: 7369"]consider the image of Him who created him, renewing the New Man after the image of God. Colossians 3:10-11 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

so many times, in my mind when focusing on a new creature ...I’ve never Really taken the time to consider that renewed ‘after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: (neither male nor female)but Christ is all, and in all.’[/QUOTE
=================================================
Years ago, for instance, someone asked me if a brother in Christ was black or white - I didn't know, even though we had known each other for a time and spent time together in the assembly ! ....
It did not dawn on me that there was any difference !
Then, today, someone who I thought was a brother, turned out to be a sister in Christ -- WONDERFUL unchanged fellowship - as if , as you posted "(neither male nor female but CHRIST IS ALL , and in ALL)" ...
much better than worldly fleshly emotional experiences - we LIVE AS NEW CREATIONS IN CHRIST !

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so many times, in my mind when focusing on a new creature ...I’ve never Really taken the time to consider that renewed ‘after the image of him that created him:
Hi ViJ,

Renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him. We are renewed in knowledge, as we are already children. But we don't know God sufficiently to really understand who we ourselves are.

But the more we can see Him, perceive what God is really about, the more we will be like Him.

What saying "renewed in knowledge according to the one that created him", that is, renewed in knowledge in the pattern of, or, fashioned according to, the One that created him, the change is in our minds. The new creation is already real, but we don't know what we're all about.

Learning of God, increasing our knowledge of God, renews us to God's image, His likeness. I think it brings out what He's made us into.

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you considered the parable of the New wine skins put into old wineskins?

Nor do they put new (w.r.t. age) wine into old (w.r.t. age) wineskins, or else the wineskins break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new (w.r.t. age) wine into new (w.r.t. freshness i.e. refurbished) wineskins, and both are preserved."

The English translations, that are available, do not, IMHO, convey the intent of what Jesus was teaching.

Jesus was not teaching that the wineskins had to be new W.R.T. age, but that all the wineskins to be used to store the new wine in, had to be "fresh" or refurbished like new again, so that they could retain the new wine without bursting.

Shalom

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you @DPMartin, @Joseph77, @marks and @Jay Ross for your posts. I will need to revisit this thread later because I haven’t been feeling well for several days. After posting the OP the more I read in His word pertaining to the topic...the more confused I become. Beginning at Genesis...

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you @DPMartin, @Joseph77, @marks and @Jay Ross for your posts. I will need to revisit this thread later because I haven’t been feeling well for several days. After posting the OP the more I read in His word pertaining to the topic...the more confused I become. Beginning at Genesis...

You know that when the time comes for us to hold the "new wine" we are actually "aged/old wine skins" at that point in time of our lives.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. God Willing that is For tomorrow though. Time to rest now.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that when the time comes for us to hold the "new wine" we are actually "aged/old wine skins" at that point in time of our lives.

No. God Willing that is For tomorrow though. Time to rest now.

But where I live the sun has not gone over the yard arm yet.

How about now ........

First, what Scripture, if any, were you referring to about new wine and aged/old wine skins ?

(to be sure we're on the same page, talking about the same message in God's Word).

Kindly print out the text, as the references do not 'come thru' / render/ on all screens, especially on cell phones ....

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

what is it you don't get?

its not complicated, do you remember the loss you life and gain the Life of Christ? Adam and Eve died of one Life they had and the Lord let them remain with the life of the flesh dust to dust ashes to ashes but the Life they had was:

Luk 3:38  Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God. 

hence Jesus restored "Son of God" in the flesh. originally God made man in His image and likeness but after they died of that Life they were not in God's likeness any more. God's likeness and image is not in sin.

Jesus "Son of God" needless to say is God His Father's image and likeness in the flesh, (Jesus did say if you see Him you see His Father and many at that time were looking at Him but did not see who He is) remember now Jesus states that God is a Spirit so what Jesus looked like with the naked eye is not God's likeness or image.

God's image and likeness is of Spirit, Holy Spirit to be more specific in His case. so, the likeness and image of God is really in what God sees in you that is of Him.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many in the New Testament believe and were immersed in Jesus' Name,
and as written in the New Testament were given a new and holy and living (being born again in Jesus by God's Grace) spirit so they could willingly and obediently worship Yhvh in spirit and in truth ?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about now ........

My time when you posted was 10:55 pm. I was firmly tucked up in bed to stop me wondering if you had started posting yet with your daily flood of sound byte posts.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First, what Scripture, if any, were you referring to about new wine and aged/old wine skins ?

(to be sure we're on the same page, talking about the same message in God's Word).

Kindly print out the text, as the references do not 'come thru' / render/ on all screens, especially on cell phones ....

I am a morning person and the sun has not yet peaked above the ocean horizon yet.

The device you use is your choice. I use a 24" monitor with my lap top to be able to see what is on the screen. The setting is

upload_2020-7-24_5-57-29.png

I would suggest that you buy yourself a larger phone with at least a 14" display. Then your problems with the rendering on your cell phone screen will disappear.

Now because of your lack of apparent biblical knowledge to Parables that Jesus Told, here are the three interlinear gospels screen shoots where the New wine in old wineskins appear: -

upload_2020-7-24_6-3-19.png

upload_2020-7-24_6-4-13.png

upload_2020-7-24_6-4-45.png

to help you with your understanding.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Your call, but please do not blame others for your poor choices with respect to your display device. It is not designed around meaningful conversation but only around short sound bytes of information where much is inferred or assumed.