‘Renewed’ after the image of him who created him...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only,
the prophet David said, Psalms 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."
Psalms 51:11 "Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me."
Psalms 51:12 "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit."
Psalms 51:13 "Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee."

and that "RENEWING" is clearly seen in Ephesians 4:18-32.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree they were permanent but only permanent because of the foundation laid which is Christ.
Right. Versus the disciples who only went along for the food, or for the miracles, for the power , or for the company.... and not born again nor circumcised of heart by God. There were many many disciples who were not Jesus' permanent disciples, and in Scripture sometimes that difference, important if it is, is noted.

Today, the difference is not noted save for in a few fellowships, as it is not popular to point out the fake disciples/groups and is not as profitable for the groups that want more monye and more people ....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘being around them won’t save anyone who is full of unbelief.’ 1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
Two totally different concerns. The wives are instructed (and the husbands), to remain with their spouse no matter what , but the unbelieving spouse may depart , and we are not even supposed to try to stop them from departing.

In another Scripture someplace, it is written what I posted about - "don't think that just hanging around true Christians will save you " it is not something that rubs off and benefits you if you just hang around because it feels better to be around true Christians and are yet you are not willing to give up your life on this earth, your carnal fleshly life, to receive true life ... (paraphrased) ....