“How To Be Full Of The Holy Ghost”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
“But he (Stephen), being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the son of man standing on the right hand of God”—Acts 7:55-56

Oh, this being full of the Holy Ghost. Stephen was full of the Holy Ghost, and his eyes was opened to see the glory of God; and Jesus standing at the right hand of power.

The great Apostle of Faith-Smith Wigglesworth- Also testified in his book--Ever Increasing Faith. That on a certain day, as he was full of the Holy Ghost, and was walking along the road, his eyes was opened and he saw a vision of Jesus Christ.
Even me myself, many a time, as I get full of the Holy Ghost, my Spiritual eyes are opened, and the glory of God is revealed tremendously to my spirit. And I begin to magnify and extol Jesus in a supernatural dimension.

But the question here is, having known all these supernatural benefits of the Holy Ghost, how then can one be filled until he is full?
  1. [SIZE=14pt]Total Repentance:[/SIZE] To be full of the Holy Ghost, Just as Peter admonished us in the book of Acts 2: 38, you must decide genuinely from your heart of hearts, to repent totally of your sins.

Here is what Peter said in that particular scripture of Acts 2:38; “Then Peter Said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”

2. [SIZE=14pt]Thirst For It: [/SIZE]To be filled with the Holy Ghost-which is the baptism- you must thirst for it. Jesus will only fill the thirsty soul. If you do not thirst, you won’t be filled.

According to the book of John 7:37-38, the scriptures says; “ In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.”
The very next verse, which is verse 39, makes us aware that the water Jesus referred to, is the Holy Ghost. So to be filled or baptized, you must have a genuine thirst for it.

Having been baptized or filled, you don’t need to stop there. It is not a one night stand affair. You need to keep getting filled until you get full on a daily basis. And that is what the scripture in Ephesians 5:18 is saying. It says; “And be not drunk with wine wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit”

And how do you consistently do that? The very next three verses-verses 19 to 21- of that Ephesians 5 tells us how. It says; “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.”

If you desire the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and you’re not yet born again, put your right hand on your chest and pray saying:

Lord Jesus, I repent of my sins, and accept you into my heart as my Lord and personal savior. I believe you died for me on the cross of Calvary. And on the third day, you rose again for my justification. I now believe in my heart, and confess with my mouth that I’m born again. Thank you Lord Jesus for saving me, in Jesus precious name Amen!

If you said that prayer genuinely from your heart, then begin to ask God to fill you with his Holy Ghost. As you ask in faith, I see you receiving it instantly in the mighty name of Jesus!

If you have been filled before, ask God to fill you afresh right now in the Name of Jesus. I see you getting filled to overflowing with the fullness of God’s Spirit, right now in the name of Jesus! Amen!

To get more of Emeke's sermons and his latest

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please refer to the rules and regulations to see the reason for editing your post.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
emekrus said:
“But he (Stephen), being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the son of man standing on the right hand of God”—Acts 7:55-56

Oh, this being full of the Holy Ghost. Stephen was full of the Holy Ghost, and his eyes was opened to see the glory of God; and Jesus standing at the right hand of power.

The great Apostle of Faith-Smith Wigglesworth- Also testified in his book--Ever Increasing Faith. That on a certain day, as he was full of the Holy Ghost, and was walking along the road, his eyes was opened and he saw a vision of Jesus Christ.
Even me myself, many a time, as I get full of the Holy Ghost, my Spiritual eyes are opened, and the glory of God is revealed tremendously to my spirit. And I begin to magnify and extol Jesus in a supernatural dimension.

But the question here is, having known all these supernatural benefits of the Holy Ghost, how then can one be filled until he is full?
  1. [SIZE=14pt]Total Repentance:[/SIZE] To be full of the Holy Ghost, Just as Peter admonished us in the book of Acts 2: 38, you must decide genuinely from your heart of hearts, to repent totally of your sins.

Here is what Peter said in that particular scripture of Acts 2:38; “Then Peter Said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”

2. [SIZE=14pt]Thirst For It: [/SIZE]To be filled with the Holy Ghost-which is the baptism- you must thirst for it. Jesus will only fill the thirsty soul. If you do not thirst, you won’t be filled.

According to the book of John 7:37-38, the scriptures says; “ In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.”
The very next verse, which is verse 39, makes us aware that the water Jesus referred to, is the Holy Ghost. So to be filled or baptized, you must have a genuine thirst for it.

Having been baptized or filled, you don’t need to stop there. It is not a one night stand affair. You need to keep getting filled until you get full on a daily basis. And that is what the scripture in Ephesians 5:18 is saying. It says; “And be not drunk with wine wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit”

And how do you consistently do that? The very next three verses-verses 19 to 21- of that Ephesians 5 tells us how. It says; “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.”

If you desire the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and you’re not yet born again, put your right hand on your chest and pray saying:

Lord Jesus, I repent of my sins, and accept you into my heart as my Lord and personal savior. I believe you died for me on the cross of Calvary. And on the third day, you rose again for my justification. I now believe in my heart, and confess with my mouth that I’m born again. Thank you Lord Jesus for saving me, in Jesus precious name Amen!

If you said that prayer genuinely from your heart, then begin to ask God to fill you with his Holy Ghost. As you ask in faith, I see you receiving it instantly in the mighty name of Jesus!

If you have been filled before, ask God to fill you afresh right now in the Name of Jesus. I see you getting filled to overflowing with the fullness of God’s Spirit, right now in the name of Jesus! Amen!

To get more of Emeke's sermons and his latest
You have a brother Pentecostal here.... Good post. Thank you

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I appreciate the sentiments of the OP, but I disagree that we have to work for it. Clearly in Acts those that received it were acting in faith and nothing else. Stephen was filled for the same reason all the disciples were, they waited on the Holy Spirit based on Jesus' instructions to do so. In Acts 19, it was simply a matter of Paul laying his hands on those that had believed and accepted Jesus, and they were Baptized in the Holy Spirit. In Acts 10, it was the same act of faith and obedience.

Far to many people look at this issue as an emotional one, or treat is as such, which is one reason why there are so many bad practices regarding the Holy Spirit and tongues.
Thanks and welcome emekrus.