“You will no longer be just a grain of sand"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@FluffyYellowDuck - a fuller explanation, just for you.

“You will no longer be just a grain of sand, you will no longer be just a lump of clay, you will no longer be an unfruitful tree”

God gave me these prophetic words many years ago in the form of a song, first sung in tongues (my very first experience of the gift) and then in English. At the time I knew nothing of ‘sand’, ‘clay’ or ‘fruitful trees’ but these words have been fermenting in my heart, soul and spirit right from the very beginning. Meditating on them and singing them to myself has always been a way of connecting with God and speaking his plan for me into my life.

A couple of years ago as I sat quietly with the Lord at the start of a new day, just being at peace and drinking my tea his whisper spoke into my spirit saying, ‘I have turned you into a pearl.’

Now it took me a couple of minutes to understand the significance of this but when I did my spirit soared within me and I was filled with indescribable joy as I realised he was telling me that the first part of that personal prophecy had been fulfilled in me.

Over the years I had thought often about the useful purposes of sand and came up with a cleaning agent a substance used in building or making glass but never once thought of the making of a pearl.

But since then I have been meditating about how pearls get to be pearls and God has shown me that the grain of sand which gets into an oyster can’t make itself beautiful. The sand has no inherent beauty of its own. It is the oyster that does all the work;, wrapping layer upon layer of beauty round the grit, covering it with its own natural covering so that it glows and gleams and shines not with it’s own beauty but that of the oyster.

So it is with us who are in Christ. We start off as bits of grit, worthless of ourselves but once in him we begin the transformation as he covers us with layer upon layer of his own beauty, turning us into pearls. Wherever we are and whatever we are doing and whoever we are with this beauty should be obvious. We should gleam and glow and shine with the beauty of Jesus.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“You will no longer be just a grain of sand, you will no longer be just a lump of clay, you will no longer be an unfruitful tree”

God gave me these prophetic words many years ago in the form of a song, first sung in tongues (my very first experience of the gift) and then in English. At the time I knew nothing of ‘sand’, ‘clay’ or ‘fruitful trees’ but these words have been fermenting in my heart, soul and spirit right from the very beginning. Meditating on them and singing them to myself has always been a way of connecting with God and speaking his plan for me into my life.

A couple of years ago as I sat quietly with the Lord at the start of a new day, just being at peace and drinking my tea his whisper spoke into my spirit saying, ‘I have turned you into a pearl.’

Now it took me a couple of minutes to understand the significance of this but when I did my spirit soared within me and I was tilled with indescribable joy as I realised he was telling me that the first part of that personal prophecy had been fulfilled in me.

Over the years I had thought often about the useful purposes of sand and came up with a cleaning agent a substance used in building or making glass but never once thought of the making of a pearl.

But since then I have been meditating about how pearls get to be pearls and God has shown me that the grain of sand which gets into an oyster can’t make itself beautiful. The sand has no inherent beauty of its own. It is the oyster that does all the work;, wrapping layer upon layer of beauty round the grit, covering it with its own natural covering so that it glows and gleams and shines not with it’s own beauty but that of the oyster.

So it is with us who are in Christ. We start off as bits of grit, worthless of ourselves but once in him we begin the transformation as he covers us with layer upon layer of his own beauty, turning us into pearls. Wherever we are and whatever we are doing and whoever we are with this beauty should be obvious. We should gleam and glow and shine with the beauty of Jesus.
Oh!!! That is so precious and beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I can see how that would be so close to your heart. Praise God!

Thank you again! That is awesome.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now it took me a couple of minutes to understand the significance of this but when I did my spirit soared within me and I was tilled with indescribable joy as I realised he was telling me that the first part of that personal prophecy had been fulfilled in me.

Beautiful!!