DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago after a very wet summer, I was enjoying a rare moment of peace and tranquillity in my garden. I had made myself a cuppa and as I sat enjoying it I could hear the birds and my little wind chimes. The sky was blue and the sun was shining and I felt deeply peaceful and content.

After a while I became aware of the amazing flashes of light as the diamonds in my rings reflected the sun; blue, yellow, green and white. So sparkly. And I realised this was a life lesson.

Before those diamonds had been polished they had been just stones with no beauty of their own, but the master jeweller could see their potential. He had the knowledge to know where to cut and how to polish so that the stones in his hands were transformed into things of beauty.

And it’s not just the large diamonds that sparkle; it’s the little ones too; even the diamond chippings in my eternity ring were giving off flashes of reflected light.

And just as the jeweller chooses stones and sees their potential for beauty long before he puts his tools to them, so God chooses us knowing our capabilities and how best to bring out the best in us and where to make his cuts. And just as my diamond chippings were sparkling so too the smallest of us; the least of us; has that ability to shine. Some obviously shine brighter than others but that is God’s plan so whatever setting you are in know that you have the ability to shine with the reflected light of Jesus .

And also know that diamonds are forever.