1/3 dad 1/3 mom 1/3 God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's important that we honor God appropriately, he is not dad, he is Heavenly Father and God.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's important that we honor God appropriately, he is not dad, he is Heavenly Father and God.
The term αββα, “Abba” Paul uses in Romans 8:15 and Galatians 4:6 (and Jesus Himself uses in Mark 14:36) is an intimate Aramaic family term for “Father” that could well be translated “Dad”. Some commentators even say “Daddy”.:)

[Epilogue: Okay, okay; I personally reserve “Daddy” for my earthly father and am not comfortable with that level of intimacy with my Heavenly Father. I’m still working on addressing Him as “Father”. So don’t blast me, okay?]

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Holy999 Are you referring to the ingredients of a happy and healthy family being Husband+Wife+God?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term αββα, “Abba” Paul uses in Romans 8:15 and Galatians 4:6 (and Jesus Himself uses in Mark 14:36) is an intimate Aramaic family term for “Father” that could well be translated “Dad”. Some commentators even say “Daddy”.:)

[Epilogue: Okay, okay; I personally reserve “Daddy” for my earthly father and am not comfortable with that level of intimacy with my Heavenly Father. I’m still working on addressing Him as “Father”. So don’t blast me, okay?]
Blasted :p OK, there was a time when I called God dad, but then I realized we are not on a dad level :)

Reactions: Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blasted :p OK, there was a time when I called God dad, but then I realized we are not on a dad level :)
Some of my favorite songs related to "Abba" :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS ... @Lambano, did you listen to the songs? Or have you heard them before? :)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS ... @Lambano, did you listen to the songs? Or have you heard them before? :)
Not yet. I’m at work on a Smart Phone and I do not have unlimited data on my carrier’s plan. I’ll have to wait til I get home and can use my home wireless for data-intensive transfers. I have reason for not using my employer’s wireless for personal business.

Reactions: TLHKAJ