1 JOHN ONLY ISRAEL CAN BE BORN AGAIN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing isn't it? So many here, no matter what heresy, no matter if two heresies contradict one another they rush in to say they are all true.
Notice how he changed gears? He said Romans 2 was directed at(written to) Israel. Which is it? He said Paul witnessed to the Gentiles(which is true), so he can’t change midstream when we expose his faux pas, and say Romans 2 was directed at Israel. This is Les Feldick psycho-babble.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice how he changed gears? He said Romans 2 was directed at(written to) Israel. Which is it? He said Paul witnessed to the Gentiles(which is true), so he can’t change midstream when we expose his faux pas, and say Romans 2 was directed at Israel. This is Les Feldick psycho-babble.
All error stems from inconsistent hermeneutics. That he deceives others is a judgment on them, both of them, the deceived and the deceiver, 2 Timothy 3:13, and shows the ones being deceived to be like children who are carried about by every wind of doctrine; Ephesians 4:14.

This shows that many are immature in their faith, immature in their understanding, unsound in their doctrine; some new teaching comes around and they are like "Oh, that sounds good, that must be true too."

This is why people must study, and they need to be in a good church with sound teaching.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

In all of the above verses John is addressing those who are "born of God".

Whosoever is born of God, does not commit sin, loves his brother, overcomes the world, keeps himself and that wicked one does not touch him.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Peter distinguishes being born again, as not being born of the corruptible seed of the flesh, the natural physical descent, but rather, the incorruptible word of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Israel had to believe on the name of Jesus to be born of God, not just born physically an Israelite.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Israel would not enter into the Davidic kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ, by being born children of Abraham in the flesh; Israel had to be born again by the Spirit of God (John 3:5-8).

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

It is the nation of Israel that must be born again. It is not accurate to say members of the body of Christ, in this dispensation, are born again; in all of Paul's epistles being born again is never applied to members of the body of Christ.
so exactly where do you get your theology ? to be born again is a spiritual birth .if man has not been spiritually reborn .then they are LOST

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All error stems from inconsistent hermeneutics. That he deceives others is a judgment on them, both of them, the deceived and the deceiver, 2 Timothy 3:13, and shows the ones being deceived to be like children who are carried about by every wind of doctrine; Ephesians 4:14.

This shows that many are immature in their faith, immature in their understanding, unsound in their doctrine; some new teaching comes around and they are like "Oh, that sounds good, that must be true too."

This is why people must study, and they need to be in a good church with sound teaching.
Bingo!!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For to you it has been granted for Christ’s sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,[Philippians 1:29]

Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.[1 Timothy 4:19]

Paul and Peter both told the same story that both Jews and Gentiles who have trusted the Christ as their Savior would suffer persecution for it. They both told the same story to their target audience.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For to you it has been granted for Christ’s sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,[Philippians 1:29]

Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.[1 Timothy 4:19]

Paul and Peter both told the same story that both Jews and Gentiles who have trusted the Christ as their Savior would suffer persecution for it. They both told the same story to their target audience.
The only thing different given to the Gentiles concerning the Gospel message being preached in those days was Acts 15:20 and Acts 15:29. Yet even these instructions had nothing to do with the Gospel of salvation. Instead these were instructions for sanctification.

The unity and proof of the Gospel message being the same for both is here: "When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life." Acts 11:18

Last edited:
Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing different given to the Gentiles concerning the Gospel message being preached in those days was Acts 15:20 and Acts 15:29.

The unity and proof of the Gospel message being the same for both is here: "When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life." Acts 11:18

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.[2 Timothy 4:7-8]

And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.1 Peter 5:4]

Both spoke of their target audiences receiving a crown.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.[2 Timothy 4:7-8]

And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.1 Peter 5:4]

Both spoke of their target audiences receiving a crown.
I edited my post you quoted to qualify it further. You may want to look at the difference.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Enoch111
@Preacher4Truth
@SovereignGrace,

Hello there,

I have been in the position that Doug is in, here on this forum, where accusations of heresy are made, and I just want to encourage him. It would seem by his responses that He and I are of the same persuasion, and if so, I praise God for it. I am an 'Acts 28 Dispensationalist', and do not undermine the gospel as revealed in the Word of God, but rejoice in it.

Rather than run down a fellow believer for not holding quite the same view as yourself, would it not be better rather to investigate his claims and then respond with a reasoned reply.

In Christ Jesus
Chris :)

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111
@Preacher4Truth
@SovereignGrace,

Hello there,

I have been in the position that Doug is in, here on this forum, where accusations of heresy are made, and I just want to encourage him. It would seem by his responses that He and I are of the same persuasion, and if so, I praise God for it.

Rather than run down a fellow believer for not holding quite the same view as yourself, would it not be better rather to investigate his claims and then respond with a reasoned reply.

In Christ Jesus
Chris :)
I have read them, as this is not a new doctrine. Les Feldick taught this nonsense my Sister. There are not two “good news” messages. There is only one. Paul and Peter both taught the same exact message. Their gospel is not either/or but same. :)

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have read them, as this is not a new doctrine. Les Feldick taught this nonsense my Sister. There are not two “good news” messages. There is only one. Paul and Peter both taught the same exact message. Their gospel is not either/or but same. :)

Hello @SovereignGrace,

If you were to make a careful study, as Doug obviously has, of the ministry of the twelve, and compared them with the ministry of Paul, you would see the differences that exist between them. Doug has given chapter and verse of some of those differences, and an objective reading of them would be worthy of your time and effort. :)

I don't know of the ministry of Les Feldick, so can't speak concerning what he believes or preaches. All that issues from the mouths of any preacher and teacher should be measured by the word of God, regardless of their doctrinal position. I hope your sister's faith is firmly fixed on her Saviour and Lord, for He will lead her on to know Him.

With love in Christ Jesus
To both you and your sister.
Chris

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @SovereignGrace,

If you were to make a careful study, as Doug obviously has, of the ministry of the twelve, and compared them with the ministry of Paul, you would see the differences that exist between them. Doug has given chapter and verse of some of those differences, and an objective reading of them would be worthy of your time and effort. :)

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris
Again, they were preaching in harmony. Their messages were not butting heads with each other. This is akin to saying the OT and NT are not in complete agreement with each other. The Spirit would never have them divided in their teachings as they wrote the same message.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Again, they were preaching in harmony. Their messages were not butting heads with each other. This is akin to saying the OT and NT are not in complete agreement with each other. The Spirit would never have them divided in their teachings as they wrote the same message.

Hello @SovereignGrace,

There is no problem with this, for God in Christ called both Peter and Paul for the ministries both were designated for. The one was to go to the Gentiles, the other to the Jew. This is the record of Scripture. That necessitated a different approach, because of the nature of who they would be ministering to, and the plan and purpose of God in relation to both. It is a matter of record, it is no lie.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:8-10. Others and myself have given ample proof of this fact, there is no need to argue further.

One last time I will offer correction here against this heresy. It is a proven fact that there will be those who will argue for "another" "gospel" yet there is no other. There is only one. Those who insist upon another are warned in the above text.

Acts 11:18 is one proof, then there is the fact that what Peter preached on Pentecost was not, as one errantly asserts, his "Gospel for the Jews." No, no, not at all. The text clearly shows this message was preached to Jews and Gentiles present there at that time, thus his point is fallacious, a failure of contextual truth of Acts, and a failure to abide by 2 Timothy 2:15. There is one Gospel and it is everlasting, Revelation 14:6.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:8-10. Others and myself have given ample proof of this fact, there is no need to argue further.

One last time I will offer correction here against this heresy. It is a proven fact that there will be those who will argue for "another" "gospel" yet there is no other. There is only one. Those who insist upon another are warned in the above text.

Acts 11:18 is one proof, then there is the fact that what Peter preached on Pentecost was not, as one errantly asserts, his "Gospel for the Jews." No, no, not at all. The text clearly shows this message was preached to Jews and Gentiles present there at that time, thus his point is fallacious, a failure of contextual truth of Acts, and a failure to abide by 2 Timothy 2:15. There is one Gospel and it is everlasting, Revelation 14:6.
Hello Preacher4Truth,

Thank you for responding,
There is actually more than one use of the word 'Gospel' in Scripture.

The Everlasting Gospel - (Revelation 14:7)
The Gospel of the Kingdom - (Matthew 4:23)
The Gospel (or good news) of God - (Romans 1:1; Romans 15:16)
The Gospel of His Son - (Romans 1:9)
The Gospel of Christ - (Romans 1:16; 2 Corinthians 9:13)
The Gospel of the Grace of God - (Romans 1:1-6)
The Gospel of the Glory of Christ - (2 Corinthians 4:4)
Paul speaks of 'My Gospel' - (Romans 2:16; see Galatians 2:2 )
The Gospel of Peace - (Romans 10:15; Ephesians 6:15)
The Gospel of the uncircumcision (Galatians 2:7)
The Gospel of the circumcision (Galatians 2:7)
The Gospel of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13)
The Mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 6:19)
The Glorious gospel of the blessed God (1 Timothy 1:11)

" There are so many more references obviously than I could give.
* Are they ALL the same gospel?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so exactly where do you get your theology ? to be born again is a spiritual birth .if man has not been spiritually reborn .then they are LOST

You can say that, sounds good, but what scripture conveys this for anyone but Israel.

My theology comes from right division.

Below is a link

Grace Ambassadors

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Paul witnessed to the Gentiles and Peter the Jews. Don’t switch gears now and say Paul was directing Romans to the Jews. There is but one body of Christ which is comprised of both believing Jews and Gentiles. Your hyper-dispensationial psycho-babble is heresy.

Paul preached from the law and the prophets and Paul directed some content of his epistles to Jews. There were unsaved Jews and there were Jews in Christ by believing the preaching of Christ and the twelve.
Even 2Peter 3:15 says Paul wrote to the remnant of Israel.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Doug,

I have followed your posts with interest, and thank God that He has given you grace to answer appropriately.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
Thank you Charity, much appreciated

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He conveniently left off how the Gentiles were thoroughly discussed in Romans 2 as well. He's been refuted, but won't accept refutation. Oh, keep this in mind: Peter Ruckman was also a hyper-dispy.

The Gentiles were mentioned in 2:14 to build the case against the Jews and the law, this does not negate the fact the chapter is directed toward Jews.

Reactions: charity