120 Years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello my friends. For context, below is a message I sent to a friend who also believes that everyone will go to Heaven. Though, they say they are at least a believer in one of the Abrahamic faiths.

2 Cor. 5:19, 20 "God was in Christ reconciling THE WORLD to Himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: be reconciled to God."

My sister is her friend, my sister told me that she wanted to learn more about my beliefs, Christian Universalism. Therefore, I gave her my Discord so I can help her understand the truth. I say these words with kindness. Universalism through any other religion besides Christianity is false. Because, while it’s true that a loving God would save all people, at the same time, only Jesus Christ is God!

John 17:2 "As God gave Jesus authority over ALL FLESH, that he should give eternal life to as many as God have Him."

eternal = aionios = pertaining to an age

Only Christ Jesus is capable of saving all people from sin. Because the wages of sin is death. And who paid for them? It is Christ Jesus my friends! He died, and resurrected 3 days later from being crucified on the cross, showing that He conquered death! Death has no victory, no sting! Because all people will gain permanent life through simple belief in Him. That’s how our sins = death is washed away, through His Holy Blood = Life.

John 1:13 Believers in Christ are "born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

The consequence and punishment for their sins, which is at least death. All murderers will at least recognize that they have sin (meaning repentence) and thus recognize a need for some way to remove that sin. It’s much better to not sin, then to sin due to the guilt, the suffering, that people experience.

```Ezekiel 18:20 The soul who sins shall die.```

I see Sheol/Hades, the realm of the dead, as temporary mental anguish. The punishment will be temporary and won’t last forever. Specifically because, all people who have sin are incomplete. Since sin represents imperfection. And God would want to complete all of creation. A loving God would want to have all of His creation be perfect.

```Proverbs 27:12 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.```

The way I personally see it is, the more someone sins, the more suffering they inflict on themselves and on others. Since sin = death = hatred of others and God = life = love of others, the more someone disobeys God, the shorter their lifespans become.
```John 4:20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar```
```Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death```

We were originally created to life forever. Perfect genetics. Yet, after disobeying God (sin) in the Garden of Eden by eating the Forbidden Fruit, his lifespan drastically shortened. Genetic mutation.

```Genesis 5:5 So Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died. ```

Still a pretty long time though. But now, humans struggle to reach even 120 years.

```Genesis 6:3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”```

Side note: Hebrew לְעֹלָ֔ם olam = Genesis αἰώνιος, ία, ιον aionios = everlasting = eternal = forever = permanent = perpetual = agelong = pertaining to an age. Moving from “age of sin” to “age of no sin”.

The only way for creation to be perfect, to live forever, is to have no sin. So for me, I look forward to the day when all peoples of all nations can be with the God of Abraham together in paradise. It may take a while, but eventually we’ll get there. God’s love is stronger than even the most evil persons hate after all. The Lord’s blessings of joy to you my friend, hope you have a wonderful day today :D

[ Post Commentary ]

Matt. 5:44-45 Jesus commanded us to be like Himself and His Father: "Love your enemies, bless those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."

For other people in the other Abrahamic faiths, even though they are not Christian, I still bless them. Though, it’s not like all of them specifically persecute people. This person I am talking to is friendly and I am friendly to them too. However, a lot of them don’t know the truth simply because they have not heard of it.

There are many people who are born into Islamic families, or families of Judaism. And they don’t know the truth because they have not seen it. Therefore, that’s the role of a Christian witness like myself. I have seen that Christianity is the truth. Even for me, I used to be an atheist and I was fortunate that someone was a Christian witness to me that made me believe. A witness of eternal security, showing that someone can’t lose their salvation. Then another witness to Christian Universalism, where all people will eventually gain permanent salvation.

Psalm 65:2-4 "0 You Who hear prayer, to you ALL flesh will come. Iniquities prevail against me; as for our transgressions, you will provide atonement for them."

All flesh will come to the Lord, all muslims and all jewish people will choose to become believers in Jesus Christ and be washed of their sins and thus go to Heaven. All humans are sinners after all and the only way to reach paradise is to remove those wrong doings, to be made clean of transgressions. That’s our atonement, Jesus Christ.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Harold,
You said - eternal = aionios = pertaining to an age

The Greek dictionary defines aionios as without beginning or end = forever
The same aionios refers to Heaven and Hell. And both are forever

How do you figure?

Reactions: Jack

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
`Genesis 6:3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”```
I always thought God meant how many years till the Flood.