17 Bible Verses: Topic: Backsliders

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are some scripture pertaining to text which talks about blacksliders.

Here is the reference: Backsliders - Thompson Chain Reference -

Here is one more reference to backsliding if you are interested: Backsliding - Thompson Chain Reference -

• Absence of Spiritual Leaders
Exodus 32:1
Young's Literal Translation

32 And the people see that Moses is delaying to come down from the mount, and the people assemble against Aaron, and say unto him, `Rise, make for us gods who go before us, for this Moses -- the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt -- we have not known what hath happened

Exodus 32:8

8 they have turned aside hastily from the way that I have commanded them; they have made for themselves a molten calf, and bow themselves to it, and sacrifice to it, and say, These thy gods, O Israel, who brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.'

1 Samuel 15:11
11 `I have repented that I caused Saul to reign for king, for he hath turned back from after Me, and My words he hath not performed;' and it is displeasing to Samuel, and he crieth unto Jehovah all the night.

• Evil Associations
1 Kings 11:4

4 And it cometh to pass, at the time of the old age of Solomon, his wives have turned aside his heart after other gods, and his heart hath not been perfect with Jehovah his God, like the heart of David his father.

• Worldly Success
2 Chronicles 25:2

2 and he doth that which is right in the eyes of Jehovah -- only, not with a perfect heart.
2 Chronicles 25:14
14 And it cometh to pass, after the coming in of Amaziah from smiting the Edomites, that he bringeth in the gods of the sons of Seir, and establisheth them to him for gods, and before them doth bow himself, and to them he maketh perfume.

Psalm 78:57

57 And they turn back, And deal treacherously like their fathers, They have been turned like a deceitful bow,

Hosea 6:4

4 What do I do to thee, O Ephraim? What do I do to thee, O Judah? Your goodness [is] as a cloud of the morning, And as dew rising early -- going.

Zephaniah 1:6

6 And those removing from after Jehovah, And who have not sought Jehovah, nor besought Him.

• Shallowness
Luke 8:13

13 `And those upon the rock: They who, when they may hear, with joy do receive the word, and these have no root, who for a time believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

• Emptiness of Life
Luke 11:24

24 `When the unclean spirit may go forth from the man it walketh through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding, it saith, I will turn back to my house whence I came forth;

Luke 11:25

25 and having come, it findeth [it] swept and adorned;

Luke 11:26

26 then doth it go, and take to it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and having entered, they dwell there, and the last of that man becometh worst than the first.'

• Lack of Spiritual Insight
John 6:63

63 the spirit it is that is giving life; the flesh doth not profit anything; the sayings that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life;

John 6:64

64 but there are certain of you who do not believe;' for Jesus had known from the beginning who they are who are not believing, and who is he who will deliver him up,

John 6:66

66 From this [time] many of his disciples went away backward, and were no more walking with him,

• Love of the World
1 Timothy 5:15

15 for already certain did turn aside after the Adversary.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the parable of the sower and how Christ himself explains it. You’ll see those who turn from God and why. It will even tell you who are his brothers.

Reactions: MatthewG