28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
I was at work last Tuesday and was sitting outside by the front gate. On the top of the chain link fence across the driveway were about five morning doves sitting side by side. As I looked and noticed them suddenly a giant bird dive bombed from above and grabbed one of the doves as they were trying to fly away. The dove was trying desperately to get away when the giant bird made a move and the dove stopped struggling. Something fell to the ground and the giant bird flew away with the dove. I got up and went over to see what had dropped to the ground. I bent down to the ground and picked up half of the doves head including it's beak. When I had gotten Home that evening I went on the web and Identified the Large bird as a brown eagle. What a terrible and vulgar thing to witness, Birds eating birds. Witnessing this brought new meaning to the Matthew 24:28 scripture.

Matthew 24
28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

Lesser-Spotted-Eagle.jpg

mourning_dove_glamor.jpg

It was apparent by watching this event that the eagle knew exactly what to do to kill the dove and to stop its struggling to get away. It was very cold and calculated.

White-tailed_Eagle_P1_large_(Mike_Brown).jpg

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Sometimes it is tough to watch nature in action. I had a nice little riverside cottage where bald eagles used to sit in the trees above ..... we had to keep our small pets inside the house .... otherwise the bald eagles would swoop down and grab them.

My dad was a farmer and when we were swathing beans it would stir up the mice and make them scurry away from the equipment ...... the hawks were smart and would circle right above us and swoop down and grab them right in front of us .... that was neat to watch

Here in Canada we have quite a few Polar Bears , Black Bears , and Grizzly Bears who kill and eat people .

Speaking of Matthew 24:28 ..... it is one of those weird verses plunked into the middle of scripture that seem out of place .... and hard to figure out.

That verse has always been a head scratcher for me.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Many are being called to war where the military leaders{EAGLES} are, all being called together by God and will soon be set against Israel where God is going to judge those armies that are willing to kill and willing to harm Israel.
We have men and women in the militarynow being taken to the line of FIRE
Matt 13:30
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to BURN them: but gather the wheat into my barn{SAFETY/ESCAPE}.
KJV

Isa 34:1-8
34:1 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
2 For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.
5 For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.
6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.
7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
8 For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
KJV
Zech 14:1-5
14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
KJV