3 Times God asked me..who do you think I am?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I used to think of God as a stern Father, much like my own dad was, but recently I have seen my dad in a new light as I have remembered all the things he taught me, like how to do embroidery and how to change a fuse and do woodwork. He and I would go off for walks at the weekend and he taught me to play bowls (crown green).

He taught me manners and the correct way to use a knife and fork and he always kissed me before he went anywhere and also when he got back. He played ball with me and we watched wrestling and motocross and ten pin bowling on TV on Saturday afternoons. When I worked the switchboard at ICI he used to phone me at lunch time for a chat. On my wedding day he gave me a shot of whiskey before we set off for the church. And when I was adult and moved out he would be so pleased to see me when I visited home.

More and more I am remembering all the loving things he did for me. Yes he was strict and I often was afraid of him and sadly that is all that I had remembered about him until very recently. And seeing that has helped me see how much he really and truly loved me. I now feel so blessed and it has made me better understand God's love for me.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to think of God as a stern Father, much like my own dad was, but recently I have seen my dad in a new light as I have remembered all the things he taught me, like how to do embroidery and how to change a fuse and do woodwork. He and I would go off for walks at the weekend and he taught me to play bowls (crown green).

He taught me manners and the correct way to use a knife and fork and he always kissed me before he went anywhere and also when he got back. He played ball with me and we watched wrestling and motocross and ten pin bowling on TV on Saturday afternoons. When I worked the switchboard at ICI he used to phone me at lunch time for a chat. On my wedding day he gave me a shot of whiskey before we set off for the church. And when I was adult and moved out he would be so pleased to see me when I visited home.

More and more I am remembering all the loving things he did for me. Yes he was strict and I often was afraid of him and sadly that is all that I had remembered about him until very recently. And seeing that has helped me see how much he really and truly loved me. I now feel so blessed and it has made me better understand God's love for me.
Amen, and He has been there with you the whole time...we as earthly parents sometimes fail to realize we are only given temporary custody of His children...we might have conceived them but it is our Father who gave them life!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an awesome thought out post! And you picked the perfect scriptures to equate it with! Glory!
Thought out, no! This one that God gave to me. This is not always the case with my posts, but sometimes God leaves no doubt in that it so.
Give God the glory!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought out, no! This one that God gave to me. This is not always the case with my posts, but sometimes God leaves no doubt in that it so.
Give God the glory!
Praise God! Even Better!

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was raised by a very abusive stepfather and my biological father lived far away...I never got to know him. So my only comparison of a father figure was my stepfather and so when I would hear sermons about our Heavenly Father I literally feared Him as a disciplinary type of Father....to feel the love of a Father was something I had never experienced. But when I was almost 24...I felt it for the first time and I LOVED how that felt....I felt secure...protected....wanted and most importantly I had a role model to look up to! :D

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was constantly in fear of committing a sin and then die suddenly like in a car wreck without having a chance to repent and ask for forgiveness and going to hell...
and I remember when i did mess up I would be so overcome with guilt and condemnation that I would "tell" on myself before they would find out...and repent immediately and ask for forgiveness....I was so miserable and depressed trying to be perfect....I am so thankful my Father loved me enough to free me from that religious bondage I was under...our salvation should always be our Joy...not our burden.
Romans 8:32 "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"
Romans 8:33 "Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth." (READ THAT AGAIN).
Romans 8:34 "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us."
Romans 8:35 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?"
Romans 8:36 "As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
Romans 8:37 "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."
Romans 8:38 "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,"
Romans 8:39 "Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

did one really understand what was said? lets zero in on "DEATH" in verse 38, H2S, not even "sin" can separate us from God, because the wages of sin is.......... that's right, you got it... "DEATH. so our sin cannot separate, and to enforce that,
Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"
Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"
Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."
Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

well someone needs to make a cross reference of Jeremiah 31:34 with Romans 8:37-39.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:32 "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"
Romans 8:33 "Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth." (READ THAT AGAIN).
Romans 8:34 "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us."
Romans 8:35 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?"
Romans 8:36 "As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
Romans 8:37 "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."
Romans 8:38 "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,"
Romans 8:39 "Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

did one really understand what was said? lets zero in on "DEATH" in verse 38, H2S, not even "sin" can separate us from God, because the wages of sin is.......... that's right, you got it... "DEATH. so our sin cannot separate, and to enforce that,
Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"
Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"
Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."
Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

well someone needs to make a cross reference of Jeremiah 31:34 with Romans 8:37-39.

PICJAG.
Beautiful and awesomely written....
I have meditated all day long about His Love....who can do what He did and still love us as we are....only a Father can.

Had another Revelation today...will PM you.

Reactions: mjrhealth and marks

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful and awesomely written....
I have meditated all day long about His Love....who can do what He did and still love us as we are....only a Father can.

Had another Revelation today...will PM you.
YES, this is what relationship, (being born again means), now go and enjoy that fellowship in that relationship. what did the Holy Ghost say through his holy apostle, 1 Corinthians 3:21 "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;"
1 Corinthians 3:22 "Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;"
1 Corinthians 3:23 "And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's."

he said it twice, "For all things are yours". now get out there.... in the Spirit and enjoy yourself, fear not, for he is always with you.
Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (BINGO)

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for large and color text, just copy and paste into a WP as text only and it will strip away any attributes.

PICJAG.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Heart2Soul This is indeed a BEAUTIFUL and TOUCHING testimony...

I had a similar experience once... it came in the form of imputing within my spirit "the knowledge that God put me here and only HE can take me".
It wasn't a voice so to speak... but rather a divine TRUTH deposited within me that FORBADE me to commit suicide. I really think God knew and understood that this was what I would have chosen had it been up to me. To this day... I am not a FAN of life... but I stay here out of obedience to God's command.
I have had a very difficult time accepting and understanding a FATHER's LOVE...as my real father abandoned me at 14... he literally walked out the door and never said good bye... I did not see him again until I was 21 and found him by contacting his family... I travelled across Canada on a train to visit him and things did not go as I had hoped... He simply was not interested in being my father. Over a period of about 6 years... I tried to make him change his mind... to no avail... The last time I saw him... I was in my late 20's... He hung himself when I was pregnant with my daughter... who is now 27.

The only way I seem able to relate to God is through JESUS as the SHEPHERD... OH how I love being that little lamb who is weak and sometimes even injured... I have absolutely NO problem going to My PRECIOUS and WONDERFUL Shepherd... and my favourite place to be is in the meadow... right under His Feet.

I no longer see God as ANGRY... but I can't seem to connect with the FATHER part of the God-head and that does cause problems for me... The words loving FATHER means nothing.

God is very patient with me... very soft and gentle with me... I believe when I finally die... I will be able to TASTE and FEEL the FATHER's AMAZING LOVE.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was constantly in fear of committing a sin and then die suddenly like in a car wreck without having a chance to repent and ask for forgiveness and going to hell...
and I remember when i did mess up I would be so overcome with guilt and condemnation that I would "tell" on myself before they would find out...and repent immediately and ask for forgiveness....I was so miserable and depressed trying to be perfect....I am so thankful my Father loved me enough to free me from that religious bondage I was under...our salvation should always be our Joy...not our burden.
@Heart2Soul We can indeed rest in faith on 'It is finished', and on the joy and peace that this brings...

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was face to face with him. . . but he asks the same question with the Shroud of Turin.